Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3389 3390 [3391] 3392 3393 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895805 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50850 on: August 07, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »

There are plenty of ways to make a sharp weapon that is not made of metal to bypass metal detectors is someone so wished. However, as you say, all knife manufacturers put some metal in there for that reason. Plus, the sensitivity of metal detectors can be altered. Last time I was in America, when it came time to leave, my prince albert piercing set off the detectors. So funny seeing security guards get flustered and wave me through after they broke out the wand and it bleeped when it went over my crotch!  Grin Grin
Something similarly frustrating happened when I went to ACE CC. I had a leather biker jacket on for my Lucas Lee cosplay. I emptied all my pockets, but still kept setting off the scanner. I eventually blamed it on all the zippers and poppers on the jacket. What it was, with all the new pockets on the coat, I forgot that I put in an extra phone battery. Roll Eyes Meanwhile, I walk through an SWC, half clad in armor, and I get nothing.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50851 on: August 07, 2019, 03:17:57 PM »

Something similarly frustrating happened when I went to ACE CC. I had a leather biker jacket on for my Lucas Lee cosplay. I emptied all my pockets, but still kept setting off the scanner. I eventually blamed it on all the zippers and poppers on the jacket. What it was, with all the new pockets on the coat, I forgot that I put in an extra phone battery. Roll Eyes Meanwhile, I walk through an SWC, half clad in armor, and I get nothing.
What's SWC?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50852 on: August 07, 2019, 04:19:57 PM »

What's SWC?
Star Wars Celebration

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50853 on: August 07, 2019, 04:53:28 PM »

Star Wars Celebration
Ah. Ok. Too many acronyms. Hard to remember them all.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50854 on: August 07, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »

Yeah.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50855 on: August 07, 2019, 08:50:53 PM »

So mom was going through so old things over the weekend and come across buried treasure.

FYI: the first thing is the official movie program of ANH.

Sig by For Tyeth

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #50856 on: August 08, 2019, 01:24:56 AM »

So mom was going through so old things over the weekend and come across buried treasure.

FYI: the first thing is the official movie program of ANH.
I love that program! its so... 70s! That and the Ralph McQuarrie portfolios are my favorite paper pieces in my vintage collection. 

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50857 on: August 08, 2019, 12:09:24 PM »

Two plus two is four, minus one that's three, quick maths

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50858 on: August 08, 2019, 12:33:58 PM »

I love that program! its so... 70s! That and the Ralph McQuarrie portfolios are my favorite paper pieces in my vintage collection. 
It should look 70s. It's OG. I'll get some more pics of the inside if you're interested.

Sig by For Tyeth

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Warrior Poet

« Reply #50859 on: August 08, 2019, 06:10:49 PM »

It should look 70s. It's OG. I'll get some more pics of the inside if you're interested.
When you posted this, I dug mine up and paged through it- great stuff!

On YouTube

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50860 on: August 08, 2019, 06:57:44 PM »

When you posted this, I dug mine up and paged through it- great stuff!
Ah. So no need.

Sig by For Tyeth

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Warrior Poet

« Reply #50861 on: August 08, 2019, 07:38:37 PM »

Ah. So no need.
Well I am sure others that haven’t seen it before would enjoy

On YouTube

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50862 on: August 08, 2019, 10:55:43 PM »

So, I think the time has come for me to finally get the tribal polynesian cover-up tattoo on my calf that I've been thinking about for a number of years. And, as luck would have it, I live right around the corner from a tattoo parlour. Just hope they don't charge too much for sessions.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50863 on: August 09, 2019, 12:26:38 PM »

So, I think the time has come for me to finally get the tribal polynesian cover-up tattoo on my calf that I've been thinking about for a number of years. And, as luck would have it, I live right around the corner from a tattoo parlour. Just hope they don't charge too much for sessions.
That'll look.......interesting with a kilt.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50864 on: August 09, 2019, 02:31:19 PM »

That'll look.......interesting with a kilt.
Never thought about that. But it'll look awesome with ma kilts. Especially the way I wear the hose.

Pages: 1 ... 3389 3390 [3391] 3392 3393 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: