Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3398 3399 [3400] 3401 3402 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4879876 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #50985 on: August 23, 2019, 07:36:35 AM »

perception is reality for the one who perceives.
the real question is what a person perceives, and does it constitute others Reality

Are the colors that you perceive the same as I do? I mean, obviously the grass is green, but what is green? Green is the color of grass, so what's to say that the color I see when looking at grass is the color you see. If you were looking through my eyes, would the grass be purple to you?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #50986 on: August 23, 2019, 07:56:32 AM »

Mainly the idea that Columbus was a "Champion" of Science over Ignorance in attempting to prove the world was round...even though no one thought it was.  It was the Size that was the argument...and he WAS wrong. 

Ok.

Here, he is not this kind of champion of science ... Smiley

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #50987 on: August 23, 2019, 09:27:34 AM »

Completely off-topic but I wanted to say I'm proud of my city. They just announced their new plan in favor of the environment. The plan is to be 100% carbon-neutral by around 2030.

Starting next year no more energy coming from fossil fuels will be available for either citizens and companies. This is possible as already 98% of citizens use 100% renewable energy. Our CO2 emissions have already gone down by 30% between 2005 and 2016. I think it's a good thing but we'll see if they reach their goal. But even if they don't fully meet their objectives, at least there is a real desire to improve the quality of life while reducing environmental impact.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50988 on: August 23, 2019, 12:37:26 PM »

Hey Crue, hey Taegin!

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #50989 on: August 23, 2019, 01:00:54 PM »

Hey Crue, hey Taegin!

Hey Inf01!  Grin

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50990 on: August 23, 2019, 01:25:32 PM »

Completely off-topic but I wanted to say I'm proud of my city. They just announced their new plan in favor of the environment. The plan is to be 100% carbon-neutral by around 2030.

Starting next year no more energy coming from fossil fuels will be available for either citizens and companies. This is possible as already 98% of citizens use 100% renewable energy. Our CO2 emissions have already gone down by 30% between 2005 and 2016. I think it's a good thing but we'll see if they reach their goal. But even if they don't fully meet their objectives, at least there is a real desire to improve the quality of life while reducing environmental impact.

Interesting.  So...no one has a non electric vehicle?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #50991 on: August 23, 2019, 01:47:05 PM »

Interesting.  So...no one has a non electric vehicle?

At this point we're not there yet. But the city has a very dense public transportation system. Many people who live in the city actually don't own a car, and I'm one of them. Their first goal though is to make the energy consumption of the city (heating, lighting, etc.) 100% carbon-neutral. Making it so that noone in the city uses fossil fuel for a car or in packaging at the store will be more difficult to implement. They act on what they can control. Gotta start somewhere.

Sabers Owned

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50992 on: August 23, 2019, 01:58:42 PM »

Hey Inf01!  Grin

Long-time no see, bud Smiley

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50993 on: August 23, 2019, 05:03:26 PM »

Infinit in da house!!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50994 on: August 23, 2019, 05:48:10 PM »

At this point we're not there yet. But the city has a very dense public transportation system. Many people who live in the city actually don't own a car, and I'm one of them. Their first goal though is to make the energy consumption of the city (heating, lighting, etc.) 100% carbon-neutral. Making it so that noone in the city uses fossil fuel for a car or in packaging at the store will be more difficult to implement. They act on what they can control. Gotta start somewhere.

Yea, here in the states many of us live in rural areas with next to no public transportation.  I, myself, live 36 miles away from my place of work and Electric cars are very costly. 

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #50995 on: August 23, 2019, 05:52:48 PM »

Yea, here in the states many of us live in rural areas with next to no public transportation.  I, myself, live 36 miles away from my place of work and Electric cars are very costly. 
Yup... same here.  If I had to actually report to the office at my job, I would spend all day (literally) commuting just TO work, let alone returning home, since it's over 350 miles away.  All I can say is, thank goodness for telecommuting!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50996 on: August 23, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »

Yup... same here.  If I had to actually report to the office at my job, I would spend all day (literally) commuting just TO work, let alone returning home, since it's over 350 miles away.  All I can say is, thank goodness for telecommuting!

Man that would be nice...but alas my job is hands on....so 3 hour drive everyday it is.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #50997 on: August 23, 2019, 06:05:03 PM »

Man that would be nice...but alas my job is hands on....so 3 hour drive everyday it is.
I'm in IT, so my biggest worry is that since my job can be done from anywhere in the world, it soon will be.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50998 on: August 23, 2019, 07:01:12 PM »

Over lunch time chat with a friend at work, we have decided to remake The Witches of Eastwick, starring Margot Robbie, Emma Stone, Zoe Saldana and Jon Hamm as the Devil. I think we're onto a winner. Thoughts on the casting?

Also, here are three t-shirts I designed and am having printed end of the month when I get paid.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50999 on: August 23, 2019, 07:58:28 PM »

Over lunch time chat with a friend at work, we have decided to remake The Witches of Eastwick, starring Margot Robbie, Emma Stone, Zoe Saldana and Jon Hamm as the Devil. I think we're onto a winner. Thoughts on the casting?

Also, here are three t-shirts I designed and am having printed end of the month when I get paid.

Replace Margo Robbie with Lady Gaga and Hamm with Tom Hiddleston IMO

Pages: 1 ... 3398 3399 [3400] 3401 3402 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: