Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3408 3409 [3410] 3411 3412 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880469 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #51135 on: September 12, 2019, 07:54:56 PM »

Felt. Sadly had to prioritize a new laptop recently as I got reeeeeeal sick and tired of a lenovo netbook.

Hi Psycho,

I'll have nothing bad said about Lenovo products! Believe it or not everything you have seen that I have posted was done on a 12 year old refurbished Lenovo X-61 ThinkPad!

I bought it for $12.43 (£10) from an adult education college when they upgraded their computers. However it still amazes me what it can do.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #51136 on: September 12, 2019, 07:57:11 PM »

Hi Psycho,

I'll have nothing bad said about Lenovo products! Believe it or not everything you have seen that I have posted was done on a 12 year old refurbished Lenovo X-61 ThinkPad!

I bought it for $12.43 (£10) from an adult education college when they upgraded their computers. However it still amazes me what it can do.

Thats fair. You also have to realize im a security-concerned tech consultant. Safe to say Lenovo checks a few "hell no" boxes for me

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #51137 on: September 12, 2019, 08:06:52 PM »

Thats fair. You also have to realize im a security-concerned tech consultant. Safe to say Lenovo checks a few "hell no" boxes for me

I just have to use what I can get my hands on and afford (which isn't much). I have an old 486 based PC tower but it is about the same age and in storage and the Android tablet I had "Bricked" so I don't have much luck with computer tech.  Roll Eyes

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51138 on: September 12, 2019, 09:49:07 PM »

I'm eating a banana. And drinking herbal tea. While catching up on the NFL with the highlights show from the BBC.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51139 on: September 12, 2019, 10:49:11 PM »

I'm eating a banana. And drinking herbal tea. While catching up on the NFL with the highlights show from the BBC.
Huh?  You watch American football by choice?  Well, you ARE an odd duck, aren't you?  LOL

Obviously, since the BBC carries the highlights, you're not alone, but I didn't realize that anyone outside the US bothered with what we call football.  Come to think of it, what do you call it... just American football?  I know we say soccer when we mean what the rest of the world does when it says football, so I was just wondering if y'all had a different word for the game we call football.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #51140 on: September 13, 2019, 08:52:03 AM »

When I finally had money for tech toys, I set priorities. I got sabers.

Same here  Grin

Come to think of it, what do you call it... just American football?  I know we say soccer when we mean what the rest of the world does when it says football, so I was just wondering if y'all had a different word for the game we call football.

Here in french-speaking western Switzerland we call it American football and I believe all french speakers do.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51141 on: September 13, 2019, 11:09:10 AM »

Huh?  You watch American football by choice?  Well, you ARE an odd duck, aren't you?  LOL

Obviously, since the BBC carries the highlights, you're not alone, but I didn't realize that anyone outside the US bothered with what we call football.  Come to think of it, what do you call it... just American football?  I know we say soccer when we mean what the rest of the world does when it says football, so I was just wondering if y'all had a different word for the game we call football.
Yes, we call it American Football. I always found it strange that it's called the "National" Football League but the winners of the superbowl are called "World" Champions.

The BBC highlight show is very enjoyable. The banter between host Mark Chapman and Jason Bell & Osi Umenyiora is hilarious. I'd never sit and watch a whole match though. Far too boring because of the stop/start nature of the game.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51142 on: September 13, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »

Here in french-speaking western Switzerland we call it American football and I believe all french speakers do.
That's funny. I'm in America, and I call it boring.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51143 on: September 13, 2019, 01:36:07 PM »

I feel like id like (American) football a lot better if the culture around it was a little less....that.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51144 on: September 13, 2019, 01:48:20 PM »

I agree with you, frankly.  I much prefer quidditch.  Yes, I am referring to Muggle quidditch, as played by members of either US Quidditch (amateur teams) or Major League Quidditch (professional teams).  My avatar is Sparky, the mascot of the Arizona Sun Devils Quidditch team, holding a quidditch broom instead of his usual trident.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51145 on: September 13, 2019, 02:07:42 PM »

I feel like id like (American) football a lot better if the culture around it was a little less....that.
You mean a bunch of spoiled pansy-ass crybabies?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51146 on: September 13, 2019, 02:24:35 PM »

You mean a bunch of spoiled pansy-ass crybabies?

Nah, more like the rabid fans problem. Like i get how us Star Wars fans can get a little intense but were not screaming at each other shirtless with paint on our gut in a parking lot. At least not that I've seen lol.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51147 on: September 13, 2019, 02:28:23 PM »

Nah, more like the rabid fans problem. Like i get how us Star Wars fans can get a little intense but were not screaming at each other shirtless with paint on our gut in a parking lot. At least not that I've seen lol.
That's because beer isn't involved in most of the events we attend.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51148 on: September 13, 2019, 03:03:12 PM »

That's because beer isn't involved in most of the events we attend.

I mean I drink beer and I've never done any of that

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51149 on: September 13, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »

I mean I drink beer and I've never done any of that
Sports has a tendency to bring the worst of tribalism in its fans. Our tribe is Nerd, and we are generally more accepting of differences because we're not in direct competition.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3408 3409 [3410] 3411 3412 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: