Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3412 3413 [3414] 3415 3416 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4879811 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51195 on: September 23, 2019, 08:27:15 PM »

Wait, it was? I guess I need to watch Iron Man 3 again. (not that I care about Downton Abbey, but it gives me a good reason to watch Iron Man 3 again).
1) When Tony's leaving instruction with the nurse while Happy's in the hospital. It even shows a scene from season 2 or 3, of Tom Branson talking with Lady Sybil.

2) It was a great show. One of those one's where the story actually takes a slight back seat to the characters, and you almost instantly fall in love with them; good, bad, or indifferent.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #51196 on: September 23, 2019, 08:28:46 PM »

2) It was a great show. One of those one's where the story actually takes a slight back seat to the characters, and you almost instantly fall in love with them; good, bad, or indifferent.

Reminds me of Galavant in that regard

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51197 on: September 23, 2019, 08:36:14 PM »

Reminds me of Galavant in that regard
Not as delightfully twisted.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #51198 on: September 23, 2019, 08:40:34 PM »

So the Downton Abbey movie smashes Rambo at the US box office opening weekend? Go figure.
Saw it Saturday and it was pretty damn good, plus I wouldn't spend money to see Rambo! The story line just looks terrible (to me).

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #51199 on: September 23, 2019, 08:42:19 PM »

Saw it Saturday and it was pretty damn good, plus I wouldn't spend money to see Rambo! The story line just looks terrible (to me).

Dunno Looks Awesome to me....

I didn't expect Rambo to break records but I sure as hell didn't see Downton Abbey beating it...kind of makes this Testosterone driven Child of the 80's a little sad

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #51200 on: September 23, 2019, 08:47:25 PM »

Dunno Looks Awesome to me....

I didn't expect Rambo to break records but I sure as hell didn't see Downton Abbey beating it...kind of makes this Testosterone driven Child of the 80's a little sad
I'm almost 49 and I think I was the youngest guy there LOL. But the theater was like 95% sold out.

I like action films, but like I said Rambo just looks bad to me. I'm sure I'll see it one day but not in a theater.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51201 on: September 23, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »

Not as delightfully twisted.

Y'know i was about to say how its not that twisted and then i remembered the episodes with the giants and dwarfs. Aaaaand the tavern episode. Aaaaand everything involving the Queen.

I have more but im gonna stop there, suffice to say I love that show and it ended too soon.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51202 on: September 23, 2019, 08:51:33 PM »

Y'know i was about to say how its not that twisted and then i remembered the episodes with the giants and dwarfs. Aaaaand the tavern episode. Aaaaand everything involving the Queen.

I have more but im gonna stop there, suffice to say I love that show and it ended too soon.
Ep. 1: Princess chick gets snatched by corrupt ruler....and really likes being pampered so doesn't want her boyfriend to rescue her. That ain't just a little F#$%ed up?

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51203 on: September 23, 2019, 08:52:20 PM »

Ep. 1: Princess chick gets snatched by corrupt ruler....and really likes being pampered so doesn't want her boyfriend to rescue her. That ain't just a little F#$%ed up?

I corrected myself!

Also Richard's brother. Big yikes.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51204 on: September 23, 2019, 09:24:33 PM »

Duh.

It was directly referenced in Iron Man 3. It has a bit of a following.
I just found it surprising that a movie about a British upper class family and their servants made more money opening weekend than a Rambo movie. I thought Rambo had a massive following in America.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #51205 on: September 23, 2019, 11:21:27 PM »

I just found it surprising that a movie about a British upper class family and their servants made more money opening weekend than a Rambo movie. I thought Rambo had a massive following in America.

He does. But I have a theory, bear in mind its Anecdotal.  I have heard, since finding this out, from other friends on other forums and in real life that went and saw Downton Abbey...that the majority of the Audience were elderly.  Much like TX said.  As well though many college age goers got into the show because ...and I quote something I actually heard one time..."Its got professor McGonagall in it....."  Most Rambo fans are probably guys in their early 30s to mid 40s.....  no holiday weekend or anything so working age tend not to get out to see movies.  I wanted to see it but didn't have the time due to issues at work.  I may be wrong of course...but I would watch to see if the views tick up some in coming weeks.  Not saying it will be another "My big Fat Greek wedding" or anything.  Joker will most likely beat everything.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #51206 on: September 24, 2019, 02:56:33 AM »

Frozen 2 will dominate come November.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51207 on: September 24, 2019, 11:37:21 AM »

It's competing against Midway, Charlie's Angels (won't win), Ford V Ferrari, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, 21 Bridges, The Good Liar, Terminator, and The Irishman.

I think Midway, The Irishman, and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood are competitors but Frozen 2 being highly sought after, it will still reign on top

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51208 on: September 24, 2019, 11:49:29 AM »

He does. But I have a theory, bear in mind its Anecdotal.  I have heard, since finding this out, from other friends on other forums and in real life that went and saw Downton Abbey...that the majority of the Audience were elderly.  Much like TX said.  As well though many college age goers got into the show because ...and I quote something I actually heard one time..."Its got professor McGonagall in it....."  Most Rambo fans are probably guys in their early 30s to mid 40s.....  no holiday weekend or anything so working age tend not to get out to see movies.  I wanted to see it but didn't have the time due to issues at work.  I may be wrong of course...but I would watch to see if the views tick up some in coming weeks.  Not saying it will be another "My big Fat Greek wedding" or anything.  Joker will most likely beat everything.
From what I've heard of the demographics, it was a huge hit with over 55s and females. Under-served market when it comes to movies it appears.

It's competing against Midway, Charlie's Angels (won't win), Ford V Ferrari, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, 21 Bridges, The Good Liar, Terminator, and The Irishman.

I think Midway, The Irishman, and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood are competitors but Frozen 2 being highly sought after, it will still reign on top
Counter programming may be Frozen 2's biggest asset. Not a lot of crossover between Frozen 2 and those other movies in terms of demographics.

Out of the ones you mentioned, I'm most looking forward to Ford vs Ferrari and The Irishman.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51209 on: September 24, 2019, 12:37:10 PM »

Perhaps, but there actually is quite a substantial Downton following. My entire family has seen the whole series....multiple times. Grin Roll Eyes

"Its got professor McGonagall in it....."
It does. Maggie Smith steals the show for half the series. Plus who doesn't love Jim Carter? I could listen to him read the phone book.

For the 12yo girl demographic.

My money is on Ford v. Ferrari. I got to see both Matt and Christian at the 500 this year.

From what I've heard of the demographics, it was a huge hit with over 55s and females. Under-served market when it comes to movies it appears.
Counter programming may be Frozen 2's biggest asset. Not a lot of crossover between Frozen 2 and those other movies in terms of demographics.

Out of the ones you mentioned, I'm most looking forward to Ford vs Ferrari and The Irishman.
Pretty much those that watch a lot of PBS. Years back, I knew my mom and sister were huge fans, so I watched an episode to find out what all the hype was about. I was in love after one episode. Bates is the MAN! Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3412 3413 [3414] 3415 3416 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: