Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3423 3424 [3425] 3426 3427 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4899105 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51360 on: October 10, 2019, 01:37:38 PM »

Not that I don't like to, just a combo of not a lot of Halloween stuff in my town and costumes are expensive. May bust out my jedi robes for fun but not even sure what I'd do other than eat candy and play vidya while wearing Jedi garb  Grin
Why not make your own costume? My clown costume I'm wearing this year, I made that. Bought a cheap clown suit online and a pair of used dungarees cheaply from a charity shop. I used households items to distress them and add grime (tea, coffee, chilli power, baby powder, white pva glue). Biggest expense was some stage blood (much better than cheah blood on sale for Halloween). I think, in total I spent £45 total over a period of 4 months. Good excuse to get creative. The tricks I learned are going to come in handy for the cosplay I have planned for London Comic-con next year.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #51361 on: October 10, 2019, 01:44:11 PM »

Why not make your own costume? My clown costume I'm wearing this year, I made that. Bought a cheap clown suit online and a pair of used dungarees cheaply from a charity shop. I used households items to distress them and add grime (tea, coffee, chilli power, baby powder, white pva glue). Biggest expense was some stage blood (much better than cheah blood on sale for Halloween). I think, in total I spent £45 total over a period of 4 months. Good excuse to get creative. The tricks I learned are going to come in handy for the cosplay I have planned for London Comic-con next year.

True enough. Just boils back down to that i wouldnt do much with it. Not a party guy so costume parties are right out, and the trick-or-treating is very light in my area.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51362 on: October 10, 2019, 01:54:18 PM »

True enough. Just boils back down to that i wouldnt do much with it. Not a party guy so costume parties are right out, and the trick-or-treating is very light in my area.
Fair enough. Trick r Treat is pretty non-existent in London, so my costumes are purely for going to parties at nightclubs. First one this year is a bar crawl in Leicester Square. Plenty of tourists and locals to hunt as victims!  Cheesy

*Edit*
Today is World Mental Health Day. We all know that laughter is the best medicine. So, here's The Rock as Napoleon Dynamite to bring a smile to your face.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP08DiQmnuc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP08DiQmnuc</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #51363 on: October 10, 2019, 02:36:54 PM »

I didn't take it off, I work 9-80s so I have every other Friday off.

I didn't take it off either...  3 of the days are owed to me because I had to stay WAYYYYY over my normal shift a few days in a row.  Two are the weekend of course. One is of course the Holiday Monday.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51364 on: October 10, 2019, 04:41:51 PM »

1) Never seen it (looks a bit cheesy to me)
2) Umm, I don't know?🤔
1) As Tepes said, it is cheesy as hell, but no less great. Bette, Sarah, and Kathy utterly steal the show. It's 1990s Disney, but it appeals to all ages. Watch it and love it.
2) It's in my sig.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51365 on: October 10, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »

2) It's in my sig.
I have the forum settings applied so I don't see signatures, but I'll check it out.

1) As Tepes said, it is cheesy as hell, but no less great. Bette, Sarah, and Kathy utterly steal the show. It's 1990s Disney, but it appeals to all ages. Watch it and love it.
I like Bette and Sarah in other things, but I prefer my horror scary/dark/psychological/gory rather than cheesy. Just personal preference.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #51366 on: October 10, 2019, 05:00:08 PM »

Fair enough. Trick r Treat is pretty non-existent in London, so my costumes are purely for going to parties at nightclubs. First one this year is a bar crawl in Leicester Square. Plenty of tourists and locals to hunt as victims!  Cheesy

*Edit*
Today is World Mental Health Day. We all know that laughter is the best medicine. So, here's The Rock as Napoleon Dynamite to bring a smile to your face.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP08DiQmnuc#

Point for that clip, Knox (thanks for the share  Wink)

Is there anything that the Rock CAN'T do?!  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51367 on: October 10, 2019, 05:15:01 PM »

Point for that clip, Knox (thanks for the share  Wink)

Is there anything that the Rock CAN'T do?!  Grin
He sang in Moana, he dances in this video, he kicks multiple kinds of ass in his movies, he's funny, his muscles have muscles, he has a smile that will light up the darkest of rooms......nope. It seems like he can do it all.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51368 on: October 10, 2019, 05:47:05 PM »

I have the forum settings applied so I don't see signatures, but I'll check it out.
How 'bout now?

I like Bette and Sarah in other things, but I prefer my horror scary/dark/psychological/gory rather than cheesy. Just personal preference.
It was never supposed to be a horror movie. Just a Halloween movie.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51369 on: October 10, 2019, 05:55:41 PM »

How 'bout now?
I see you!

It was never supposed to be a horror movie. Just a Halloween movie.
Maybe it's just me, but I've always been of the opinion that Halloween is supposed to be scary and celebrate horror. Hence my costumes. I know it has changed a little over the years to become general fancy dress, but some of us prefer the horror route!  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51370 on: October 10, 2019, 06:04:25 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I've always been of the opinion that Halloween is supposed to be scary and celebrate horror. Hence my costumes. I know it has changed a little over the years to become general fancy dress, but some of us prefer the horror route!  Grin
I won't deny, it does have its moments of very dark, but it's Disney, so nothing that's going to permanently scar you. Tell you what....it's worth at least 1 viewing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51371 on: October 10, 2019, 06:10:07 PM »

I won't deny, it does have its moments of very dark, but it's Disney, so nothing that's going to permanently scar you. Tell you what....it's worth at least 1 viewing.
What's it like compared to The Addams Family?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51372 on: October 10, 2019, 06:26:49 PM »

What's it like compared to The Addams Family?
I won't insult you by asking which one. I would put it on equal standing with Addams Family, in terms of corn.

The premise is 3 witches from colonial times are resurrected in "present day", and have only until sunup to steal the life force of the children of Salem.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51373 on: October 10, 2019, 06:34:40 PM »

I won't insult you by asking which one. I would put it on equal standing with Addams Family, in terms of corn.

The premise is 3 witches from colonial times are resurrected in "present day", and have only until sunup to steal the life force of the children of Salem.
The thing is, I grew up with The Addams Family (reruns of the show and then the movies). So, watching them now brings that nostalgia feeling. Watching some 90s cheese for the first time now, I don't think I'd enjoy it. But, I'll keep an eye open for it on streaming somewhere and give it a shot.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51374 on: October 10, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »

The thing is, I grew up with The Addams Family (reruns of the show and then the movies). So, watching them now brings that nostalgia feeling. Watching some 90s cheese for the first time now, I don't think I'd enjoy it. But, I'll keep an eye open for it on streaming somewhere and give it a shot.
Like I said, it's worth at least one viewing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3423 3424 [3425] 3426 3427 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: