Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3439 3440 [3441] 3442 3443 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4894711 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51600 on: November 26, 2019, 12:36:47 PM »

It's Thanksgiving Eve's Eve

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #51601 on: November 26, 2019, 05:19:28 PM »

I was at a Civil War reenactment, hence the absence this weekend.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51602 on: November 26, 2019, 05:53:51 PM »

Same..school was a struggle for me...I'm not going to pay someone to tell me I failed a class.  Really (IMO) unless you are going into a STEM field, Law or Medical...college is a waste of time.  Again though, IMO.
I would add education to that list of exceptions (although you didn't ask); the amount of things you have to know to successfully teach a subject to a group of kids is far larger than one would suspect.  Heck, the stuff I had to know to teach undergrad students that was beyond the coursework was surprising, and I was teaching a 100-level (first-year) course to NON-majors!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51603 on: November 26, 2019, 07:14:18 PM »

Same..school was a struggle for me...I'm not going to pay someone to tell me I failed a class.  Really (IMO) unless you are going into a STEM field, Law or Medical...college is a waste of time.  Again though, IMO.
Join me. And together we'll rule the campus as.....two dark side guys from saberforum.com. I'll make your experience much better.

In my experience, the one thing college really teaches you is how to learn more effectively. Mainly how to learn in a manner that doesn't offer you someone to hold your hand and walk you through it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51604 on: November 26, 2019, 08:24:34 PM »

In my experience, the one thing college really teaches you is how to learn more effectively. Mainly how to learn in a manner that doesn't offer you someone to hold your hand and walk you through it.

THIS!!!!!

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #51605 on: November 26, 2019, 08:33:53 PM »

Join me. And together we'll rule the campus as.....two dark side guys from saberforum.com. I'll make your experience much better.

I'm not really sure I can relate to this, simple for the fact I learned more on my own than I did at school.  Nine out of Ten when I need to learn something I do it on my own.

I would add education to that list of exceptions (although you didn't ask); the amount of things you have to know to successfully teach a subject to a group of kids is far larger than one would suspect.  Heck, the stuff I had to know to teach undergrad students that was beyond the coursework was surprising, and I was teaching a 100-level (first-year) course to NON-majors!

Perhaps, but according to friends of mine who have gone through the Education courses they were pretty worthless as well.  Experiences of course differ.  At o ne time Teaching History was a goal, but as I would have to slog through things that would hinder and I wasn't about to put myself in debt for something that might not pan out for what ever reason.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51606 on: November 26, 2019, 08:55:55 PM »

Perhaps, but according to friends of mine who have gone through the Education courses they were pretty worthless as well.  Experiences of course differ.  At o ne time Teaching History was a goal, but as I would have to slog through things that would hinder and I wasn't about to put myself in debt for something that might not pan out for what ever reason.

And my wife, who has been teaching for decades, would agree with your friends' assessment for SOME of the courses she had to endure, but the classroom management, child psychology, and "how to teach" classes she has found to be useful in her career.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #51607 on: November 26, 2019, 09:26:30 PM »

I can see where you are coming from with this, but I haven't really felt that. The way I was homeschooled, I was pretty much teaching myself as it was, and would only get help from others if I couldn't figure something out (which was pretty rare). For me, college has been more about has been more about time management and pushing through even though you hate doing it. But even those things I grew up learning.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51608 on: November 26, 2019, 10:23:33 PM »

I can see where you are coming from with this, but I haven't really felt that. The way I was homeschooled, I was pretty much teaching myself as it was, and would only get help from others if I couldn't figure something out (which was pretty rare). For me, college has been more about has been more about time management and pushing through even though you hate doing it. But even those things I grew up learning.
I think what college ends up showing to the world, at least for those that went through the public school system <raises hand>, is that you are capable and more important willing to adapt to varying environments as well as motivating yourself. Can't speak for others, but the knowledge that I would be on my own is what pushed me to want to live on campus.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #51609 on: November 27, 2019, 03:40:17 AM »

College basically just proves you're not a worthless hack. That's pretty important if one wishes to have a job that pays enough to survive, these days.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #51610 on: November 27, 2019, 05:29:05 AM »

College basically just proves you're not a worthless hack. That's pretty important if one wishes to have a job that pays enough to survive, these days.

So...People who can't  or choose not to go to college...are Worthless hacks?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51611 on: November 27, 2019, 06:56:47 PM »

So...People who can't  or choose not to go to college...are Worthless hacks?
<subtly side steps out of crosshairs>

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51612 on: November 27, 2019, 07:46:25 PM »

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51613 on: November 28, 2019, 09:56:06 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving, my SaberForum family!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51614 on: December 02, 2019, 01:30:35 PM »

Seriously? I've been off the forum for 4 days, and come back to less than 2 pages of updated topics.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3439 3440 [3441] 3442 3443 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: