Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3502 3503 [3504] 3505 3506 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4900697 times)
Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #52545 on: July 06, 2020, 09:11:18 PM »

Is..that code for something?

No. My wife texted me saying she couldn't find the tacos we brought home, and wondering if she somehow left them in the car. I check, they aren't there. I tell her as much. I then get a text that says "Oh they wrrr [were] under my shoes"

Eventually I got the full context that the bag of tacos was in another, larger bag, and that she had also put her shoes in the larger bag, on top of the taco bag, and the shoes were hiding the tacos.

But just the whole concept of "never mind, I found the tacos under my shoes" seemed strange to me.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #52546 on: July 06, 2020, 09:47:54 PM »

its like asking your wife " hun, where are my glasses ?" she looks at you lovingly and says " on you head " then gives you that wife glare

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #52547 on: July 06, 2020, 10:49:44 PM »

Well, I'll say this...at least I'm getting some serious use of my grill this season.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #52548 on: July 06, 2020, 11:23:59 PM »

Well, I'll say this...at least I'm getting some serious use of my grill this season.

You and me both Sir

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52549 on: July 07, 2020, 06:03:48 PM »

I was going to try to actually insert a survey, but apparently I can't do that. So instead, I'll just ask the question that has been on my mind lately:

What is more important: being free or being safe?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #52550 on: July 07, 2020, 06:07:55 PM »

I was going to try to actually insert a survey, but apparently I can't do that. So instead, I'll just ask the question that has been on my mind lately:

Free.  If I am free to do what I wish (within reason of course) I can keep myself safe.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #52551 on: July 07, 2020, 06:26:59 PM »

I think we are veering into politics here, so I think we ought to drop it.  If I’m wrong, please let me know.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #52552 on: July 07, 2020, 06:41:58 PM »

I think we are veering into politics here, so I think we ought to drop it.  If I’m wrong, please let me know.

While Logos question could be discussed in a political context I can think of several other avenues where the question is pertinent, but has nothing to do with politics. Either way, I don't think that superficially discussing it would violate the rules, but that's just my two copper pennies.

That being said I'll echo precisely what Tepes said, have a point man.  Grin

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52553 on: July 07, 2020, 07:47:17 PM »

I think we are veering into politics here, so I think we ought to drop it.  If I’m wrong, please let me know.
I phrased it specifically to be politically vague.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #52554 on: July 07, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »

Both.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #52555 on: July 07, 2020, 08:44:59 PM »

My personal answer is to be free. My answer to that in a forum-prohibited context would be far more complex.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #52556 on: July 07, 2020, 08:49:21 PM »

I wonder if it's a sign that the forum ate my first reply....

First, I'm going to wait until more people answer or the topic gets shut down to comment on the question Logos asked versus the question that people answer. I have a prediction on how people are going to answer (and so far I've been right).

Second, for me personally, the question cannot be answered because it's too vague. I can think of multiple real life scenarios where each would be preferable. But then again, what is the definition of "free" and "safe?"

Third, again in my opinion, the question cannot be answered as an absolute one or the other. (I know someone's going to give the Obi-Wan "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" response to this, to which I'm going to give the meme response "That statement itself is an absolute.")

Fourth, while I can see where this could become a political discussion, I think it should be possible to keep it as simply a Psychological/Sociological discussion.

Free.  If I am free to do what I wish (within reason of course) I can keep myself safe.

What about people who, for whatever reason, cannot?

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #52557 on: July 08, 2020, 12:55:40 AM »

What about people who, for whatever reason, cannot?

Then it is up to those around them be it family or friends..or even their care givers.  This is my own experiences talking for transparency.   From my neck of the woods everyone has either the means and ability to protect themselves or is given this protection by their family/community. Not just from physical threats either.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #52558 on: July 08, 2020, 02:55:27 AM »

Then it is up to those around them be it family or friends..or even their care givers.  This is my own experiences talking for transparency.   From my neck of the woods everyone has either the means and ability to protect themselves or is given this protection by their family/community. Not just from physical threats either.

Ok, let me make sure I'm clear on what you're saying. And I want to make it explicitly clear that I'm not saying you're wrong, or trying to invalidate what you're saying, I just want to make sure I fully understand it.

You're saying that it's the responsibility, within a community, for those who can keep themselves safe, to also keep the ones who, for whatever reason, cannot keep themselves safe, safe. In other words, to stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves. And if I understood your last sentence correctly, this would apply to not just physical threats, but also things like child rearing, barn raising, elderly care, natural disaster recovery, etc.

Is the above an accurate interpretation of what you meant?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #52559 on: July 08, 2020, 03:34:37 AM »

Ok, let me make sure I'm clear on what you're saying. And I want to make it explicitly clear that I'm not saying you're wrong, or trying to invalidate what you're saying, I just want to make sure I fully understand it.

You're saying that it's the responsibility, within a community, for those who can keep themselves safe, to also keep the ones who, for whatever reason, cannot keep themselves safe, safe. In other words, to stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves. And if I understood your last sentence correctly, this would apply to not just physical threats, but also things like child rearing, barn raising, elderly care, natural disaster recovery, etc.

Is the above an accurate interpretation of what you meant?

Yes.  Before the world became so spread out that is what would happen for the majority of people...even as recent as a few decades ago.

Pages: 1 ... 3502 3503 [3504] 3505 3506 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: