Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3534 3535 [3536] 3537 3538 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895808 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53025 on: October 28, 2020, 05:02:58 PM »

Get off my back. I’m working on it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53026 on: October 28, 2020, 07:40:12 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #53027 on: October 28, 2020, 09:07:34 PM »

Knowing they are the same race makes it even funnier......

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53028 on: October 29, 2020, 02:12:00 PM »

Knowing they are the same race makes it even funnier......
I've never really understood this.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #53029 on: October 29, 2020, 02:17:00 PM »

LOTR / Silmarillion lore is weeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiird

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #53030 on: October 29, 2020, 02:31:47 PM »

Ok.  Iluvitar>Valar>Maiar.  The Maiar were generally servants of the Valar.  Sauron, The Wizards and The Balrogs were all Maiar.  Sauron served the blacksmith Valar, Aule but betrayed him to serve Morgoth...Basically the Satan of middle-Earth.   The Balrogs also served Morgoth.  When the Istari (a group of the 5 most powerful Maiar) were sent to middle earth to aid and direct in the fight against Sauron they were sent with limited access to their power in the forms of Old Men......Wizards.  This is why in the book Gandalf wasn't afraid of the Balrog...he was pissed. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53031 on: October 29, 2020, 03:05:07 PM »

Ok.  Iluvitar>Valar>Maiar.  The Maiar were generally servants of the Valar.  Sauron, The Wizards and The Balrogs were all Maiar.  Sauron served the blacksmith Valar, Aule but betrayed him to serve Morgoth...Basically the Satan of middle-Earth.   The Balrogs also served Morgoth.  When the Istari (a group of the 5 most powerful Maiar) were sent to middle earth to aid and direct in the fight against Sauron they were sent with limited access to their power in the forms of Old Men......Wizards.  This is why in the book Gandalf wasn't afraid of the Balrog...he was pissed. 
It was my understanding that like most of the dark creatures of Middle Earth, balrogs were a distortion of their created form. I thought the Maiar were creator spirits that served the One, but I forgot about the Valar. I remember that Sauron was not the real 'big bad'. Melkor, turned Morgoth, was effectively inspired by the fall of Lucifer, from the Creation story. He had the power to create, but not to create what he wanted. In his defiance of the One, he worked to twist purer forms of life into the dark creatures we are meant to loathe in Middle Earth.

I was always under the impression that, in the movie, he wasn't so much afraid that the Moria Dwarves woke the balrog, he was more afraid for the Fellowship since no one but him stood any chance of fighting it. That's why once everyone had crossed the bridge, he made his stand.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #53032 on: October 29, 2020, 03:17:49 PM »

It was my understanding that like most of the dark creatures of Middle Earth, balrogs were a distortion of their created form. I thought the Maiar were creator spirits that served the One, but I forgot about the Valar. I remember that Sauron was not the real 'big bad'. Melkor, turned Morgoth, was effectively inspired by the fall of Lucifer, from the Creation story. He had the power to create, but not to create what he wanted. In his defiance of the One, he worked to twist purer forms of life into the dark creatures we are meant to loathe in Middle Earth.

I was always under the impression that, in the movie, he wasn't so much afraid that the Moria Dwarves woke the balrog, he was more afraid for the Fellowship since no one but him stood any chance of fighting it. That's why once everyone had crossed the bridge, he made his stand.

Correct.  Balrogs were basically Fire Elementals and their corrupted form after joining Morgoth became one of a firey demon.   Its just my opinion of course but even after turning to face the Balrog there was still fear there in the film.  In the book Gandalf was kind of calm/pissed.  There is even a part where he attempts to seal a door to slow the Balrog down and it breaks through anyway and Gandalf is hurled down the stairs...pops up.... says "That's Unfortunate." and gets the Fellowship Moving again.

If only someone could be trusted with the Silmirillion for a film.....A Dragon so large it darkened the sky with his wngs....Balrogs Riding lesser Dragons...a Spider the size of the Pentagon.  Definition of Epic.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #53033 on: October 29, 2020, 08:08:53 PM »

Correct.  Balrogs were basically Fire Elementals and their corrupted form after joining Morgoth became one of a firey demon.   Its just my opinion of course but even after turning to face the Balrog there was still fear there in the film.  In the book Gandalf was kind of calm/pissed.  There is even a part where he attempts to seal a door to slow the Balrog down and it breaks through anyway and Gandalf is hurled down the stairs...pops up.... says "That's Unfortunate." and gets the Fellowship Moving again.

If only someone could be trusted with the Silmirillion for a film.....A Dragon so large it darkened the sky with his wngs....Balrogs Riding lesser Dragons...a Spider the size of the Pentagon.  Definition of Epic.

While the scene in the movie is impressive, I actually like the scene in the books far more. His simple "You cannot pass" is so much more powerful than "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!". At least to me.

And agreed about Silmarillion, although in all honesty, it might be TOO epic for any type of visual medium. But to see Ancalagon, and Melkor w/ Ungoliant in live action would be amazing. I'd actually really love to see The Children of Húrin turned into a film though, because I genuinely believe that that could be adapted (and it might be my favorite story from that world).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53034 on: October 29, 2020, 08:21:40 PM »

This sums up my anticipation about the Silmarillion

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #53035 on: October 29, 2020, 08:25:57 PM »

This sums up my anticipation about the Silmarillion

I'm getting nothing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53036 on: October 29, 2020, 08:31:39 PM »

It's the stupid huge dragon with his claws on mountain peaks as thought they were mere handholds. Basically, his wingspan is measured in miles.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #53037 on: October 29, 2020, 08:55:26 PM »

It's the stupid huge dragon with his claws on mountain peaks as thought they were mere handholds. Basically, his wingspan is measured in miles.
This one?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53038 on: October 29, 2020, 09:07:23 PM »

Yeah.....that

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #53039 on: October 29, 2020, 09:38:38 PM »

Yeah.....that

Good choice because that is indeed an illustration of Ancalagon the Black.  The dragon of which we speak.  The light going towards him is Eärendil (Father of Elrond) in his blessed ship accompanied by eagles to face ancalagon and the drake's.

Pages: 1 ... 3534 3535 [3536] 3537 3538 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: