Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3542 3543 [3544] 3545 3546 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4900784 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #53145 on: December 14, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »

I've hit the natural level of spite where I want to drop everything take a two week vacation and just let those fires burn in the background.

Of course I'm not going to do that because I'm a good(ish) person, but man sometimes its tempting to just let everything collapse around you while sipping on some cocoa.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53146 on: December 15, 2020, 07:12:36 PM »

I won't say that's no part of it...but not to sound arrogant I am rarely surprised by plots.  In terms of Seinfeld it was more I didn't like their personalities anymore and similar with scrubs  
I think I feel you on that. Shows that take place in New York. Ugh! Never knew where Scrubs took place, but considering all the sun, prolly California. Same difference. Highly arrogant, and never seem to have ANY money issues. And with Seinfeld being a stand-up comedian, you KNOW that is complete fiction.

What I think was more the point of Seinfeld was a social commentary about how people perceive the actions of the other random idiots they come across in life. Like the episode when George is in competition with another guy to get a suit on sale. So George hangs it in another rack to make sure the other guy can't find it and buy it before him. Well hell breaks loose he ends up at a restaurant where this new nemesis is the head chef. Everyone at the table is eating this appetizer but George. They begin to chide him for not partaking. In the end he doesn't get the job for not being a team player, but also doesn't get violently ill. Nobody does this in real life, but it is funny (and fun) to think that there is far more to our chance encounters. Especially the stupid ones.

A week and a half until he Big Day and the butterflies are swirling....I don't know how I've managed to keep this secret from my kids for this long, but the anticipation is really hitting the fever pitch now.  Hopefully the Big Reveal goes as well as I've imagined it will.
Wait. What did I miss?

I've hit the natural level of spite where I want to drop everything take a two week vacation and just let those fires burn in the background.

Of course I'm not going to do that because I'm a good(ish) person, but man sometimes its tempting to just let everything collapse around you while sipping on some cocoa.
You are Sith after all. I have times when I just want to smack everyone I see.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #53147 on: December 15, 2020, 08:53:11 PM »

Wait. What did I miss?

I believe he was referring to some certain items he bought as Christmas presents for his children. Took me a moment to remember as well, but it lines up with the timeline.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #53148 on: December 16, 2020, 06:53:54 PM »

I believe he was referring to some certain items he bought as Christmas presents for his children. Took me a moment to remember as well, but it lines up with the timeline.

Exactly right.  And it's not just the sabers, it's the whole day in general, and the vacation time from work that I have coming.  It'll  be nice to have some down time.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #53149 on: December 24, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »

Just popping in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas/happy whatever you're celebrating.   And if you're not celebrating anything, I wish you a good, peaceful day all the same.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #53150 on: December 25, 2020, 07:52:42 PM »

Merry Christmas! This Sith got a copy of Thrawn Ascendancy so I have a reading plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #53151 on: December 26, 2020, 07:03:27 PM »

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas/Happy holiday and will have a happy new year.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #53152 on: December 28, 2020, 01:00:09 PM »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, everyone!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #53153 on: December 28, 2020, 06:44:39 PM »

Changed the settings on my Emerald Crimson Scorpion to CG with a flicker, and AS FoC.

It's Christmas colors, you see, the green blade with the red hilt and the silver hilt details and FoC, and she's a maniac for holidays.  She even asked me if I could drop different color LEDs (she was thinking red/green) into a staff.

I thought along similar lines, since my Dark Apprentice v4 staff is my X-mas gift to myself and has AS blades with color discs. I decided to be a little festive for a few days with one green blade and one red. Also saw someone in one of the annual videos for Spin Wars in the past do the same as well. A friend had to take a Christmas photo the minute he saw them.

But I started thinking about the concept more in depth today, and it's a great idea/backstory for a "Fallen"/Dark Jedi... If they use them Jar'Kai or in a saberstaff with that as a color choice. They were dedicated to using the Force, and seeking greater mastery of it. In an ever deepening desire to expand their powers further and further to gain more of a mastery of the Force it led down the path to the Dark Side... Ambition or desire for power corrupted their reasoning but they keep the original green blade as a reminder of their starting point and rooting them in Light Side powers so they don't forsake/are unwilling to give up those skills. The red blade showing that they choose to/must delve into the dark as well to gain otherwise untouchable power. Although I suppose a character like this could as easily be considered a Grey Sith/Jedi based on their rationale, personal ethics, how far they are willing to go in pursuit of power. Leaves a lot of room for personal adaptation and designing an outfit.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #53154 on: December 31, 2020, 10:46:35 PM »

Wishing everyone a happy and safe new year, and here's to a good 2021...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #53155 on: December 31, 2020, 11:40:09 PM »

Wishing everyone a happy and safe new year, and here's to a good 2021...
It may get worse before it gets better, but we will endure. May the Force serve you well in 2021.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #53156 on: January 01, 2021, 09:12:13 PM »

So far, I've got no complaints about 2021...looking forward to starting my own YouTube channel, soon as I figure out how to do a decent intro credit scene to give it some polish.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #53157 on: January 01, 2021, 10:13:08 PM »

So far, I've got no complaints about 2021...looking forward to starting my own YouTube channel, soon as I figure out how to do a decent intro credit scene to give it some polish.
Maybe ask Darth Cephalus for a pointer since he edits together the annual Spin Wars and it has the cool SW style opening. I'd wager he has more knowledge than just rolling that kind of opening... but I'd suppose that's wholly at his discretion and contingent on what he's got on his plate atm.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #53158 on: January 03, 2021, 12:35:22 PM »

Maybe ask Darth Cephalus for a pointer since he edits together the annual Spin Wars and it has the cool SW style opening. I'd wager he has more knowledge than just rolling that kind of opening... but I'd suppose that's wholly at his discretion and contingent on what he's got on his plate atm.

I've actually got my intro pretty much done after dabbling in some video editing software, keeping it simple but effective, but thanks for the tip; I'll keep him in mind if I ever need some pointers. All I need now is the free time to record some videos, LOL.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #53159 on: January 03, 2021, 12:57:08 PM »

I've actually got my intro pretty much done after dabbling in some video editing software, keeping it simple but effective, but thanks for the tip; I'll keep him in mind if I ever need some pointers. All I need now is the free time to record some videos, LOL.
Sounds like great fun, best of luck. Filming and potential retries do take a nice block of time... And free time during days off always seems to melt away too quickly when they happen.

Pages: 1 ... 3542 3543 [3544] 3545 3546 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: