Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3544 3545 [3546] 3547 3548 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880435 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #53175 on: February 24, 2021, 04:19:58 PM »

HEY! Logos is back thank god. Gets too quiet with you out of it

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #53176 on: March 28, 2021, 05:00:36 PM »

Its quite Sobering to look at a social media post from a former classmate showing off their teenagers accomplishments and think:  "Wow, I don't remember them having a kid in school."  then realize you've been out of High School long enough your friends have teenage children.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #53177 on: March 29, 2021, 10:45:31 AM »

Good Morning, everyone. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #53178 on: March 29, 2021, 05:29:52 PM »

Its quite Sobering to look at a social media post from a former classmate showing off their teenagers accomplishments and think:  "Wow, I don't remember them having a kid in school."  then realize you've been out of High School long enough your friends have teenage children.

... or grandkids.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #53179 on: March 30, 2021, 01:37:28 AM »

... or grandkids.

Not that old yet

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #53180 on: March 30, 2021, 07:23:26 PM »

Not that old yet
well, covid may have slowed down teen pregnancy rates - give it a year Wink

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #53181 on: March 30, 2021, 08:16:18 PM »

well, covid may have slowed down teen pregnancy rates - give it a year Wink

All I'm seeing is people with fresh ones. Like plagues are the best time? I think it's illogical/irresponsible but hey people are people.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #53182 on: March 30, 2021, 09:04:30 PM »

All I'm seeing is people with fresh ones. Like plagues are the best time? I think it's illogical/irresponsible but hey people are people.
being trapped inside all day...reason for the global baby boom!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #53183 on: March 30, 2021, 10:21:07 PM »

being trapped inside all day...reason for the global baby boom!

I don't know, keep hearing conflicting numbers/assertions. News says it's down, others say no. I agree with not likely rising but truly falling, and my acquaintances are probably just foolish people acting counterintuitively. I counter that spending entirely too much time "trapped" in close quarters adds more strain than magic... but perhaps that's just me. I mean it's not like the world couldn't use this collectively given overpopulation trends, but even this plus da plague will barely make a dent in a decade or 2 it'll be the same or worse again. (Don't mind me, just hate people.)

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #53184 on: March 31, 2021, 01:43:16 AM »

I mean it's not like the world couldn't use this collectively given overpopulation trends, but even this plus da plague will barely make a dent in a decade or 2 it'll be the same or worse again. (Don't mind me, just hate people.)

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #53185 on: March 31, 2021, 01:29:03 PM »

well...you both get dark side points for that one.
Your point regarding the quantity of people on the planet has some merit but i wonder if that view would change if the quality of contribution and distribution of the same were improved.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #53186 on: March 31, 2021, 01:39:41 PM »

I don't know, keep hearing conflicting numbers/assertions. News says it's down, others say no. I agree with not likely rising but truly falling, and my acquaintances are probably just foolish people acting counterintuitively. I counter that spending entirely too much time "trapped" in close quarters adds more strain than magic... but perhaps that's just me. I mean it's not like the world couldn't use this collectively given overpopulation trends, but even this plus da plague will barely make a dent in a decade or 2 it'll be the same or worse again. (Don't mind me, just hate people.)

Everything I have seen has said the Pandemic has caused a "Baby Bust".  That overall the birthrate is much smaller right now.  It is baffling for me that there are people who don't want to stay home.  I hate leaving my house every morning before the sun comes up and trudging an hour to a place I don't want to go to.  If I had the option to work from home I would take it in a heart beat.  When I feel like going outside I have a back yard that can serve that purpose just fine. As such I have not stopped going to work since the world went to hell.

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #53187 on: March 31, 2021, 03:39:14 PM »

If I had the option to work from home I would take it in a heart beat.
i am of the same mindset in that i prefer working from home. 

Many people do not have the option (retail, service, etc.). Out of those who do, some do not have the means to do so effectively (consider working from the kitchen table).  Out of those who have the means and the option, some have not learned how to adjust (not able to 'disconnect' from work, etc.).

This pandemic has served to enlighten some executives on the benefits (*hint - it has to do with money*). The global workforce is still behind in leveraging the advantages of technology. 

we are the few. the privileged. the telecommuters.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #53188 on: March 31, 2021, 09:30:48 PM »

@ Darth Tepes and Nunya: true story

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #53189 on: April 01, 2021, 01:07:35 AM »

i am of the same mindset in that i prefer working from home. 

Many people do not have the option (retail, service, etc.). Out of those who do, some do not have the means to do so effectively (consider working from the kitchen table).  Out of those who have the means and the option, some have not learned how to adjust (not able to 'disconnect' from work, etc.).

This pandemic has served to enlighten some executives on the benefits (*hint - it has to do with money*). The global workforce is still behind in leveraging the advantages of technology. 

we are the few. the privileged. the telecommuters.

I'm a retail Manager but not for a store open to the general public so...no teleworking for me.  I love to work...but I hate going to work.  I'm from the South in the middle of nowhere.  I will garden, chop firewood, repair stuff etc all day...its leaving my house I hate.  I spent a lot of time and money filling it with stuff I like.

Pages: 1 ... 3544 3545 [3546] 3547 3548 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: