Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3552 3553 [3554] 3555 3556 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4901276 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #53295 on: August 03, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »

This place seems....dead.

Hi ThreadJack....

Oh, I'm not dead....not yet! (Glances to the stars)

Nice to see a familiar name return but you are correct the forum does seem to have slowed down a bit lately. I don't post as much as I used to (and I didn't post that much before) but I'm still lurking.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #53296 on: August 03, 2021, 06:12:58 PM »

Hi ThreadJack....

Oh, I'm not dead....not yet! (Glances to the stars)

Nice to see a familiar name return but you are correct the forum does seem to have slowed down a bit lately. I don't post as much as I used to (and I didn't post that much before) but I'm still lurking.

I remember last year, I'd come back for my morning visit and there'd be multiple pages of new posts....this morning there were six threads. lol

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #53297 on: August 03, 2021, 06:23:35 PM »

I remember last year, I'd come back for my morning visit and there'd be multiple pages of new posts....this morning there were six threads. lol

I know exactly what you mean but I've seen a big slow down around Star Wars and saber related social platforms all over the place. There seems to be a "fatigue" or "burn out" (sorry Ani) plus the upheaval of Covid distracting people means less feel inclined or able to post.

I'm surprised in a way, considering there is the Mandalorian doing quite well and the upcoming Kenobi series you'd think folks would be commenting to get away from real life for an hour. But I think things will pick up again...after all the light does rise to meet the darkness.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #53298 on: August 04, 2021, 03:27:09 AM »

I think there's other factors too. I know the main reason I stepped away was this got a bit toxic and all, with all the complaining about not getting sabers immediately and what not. Might have chased some away, although I see it's died way down now.

(Sig by me!)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #53299 on: August 04, 2021, 04:17:33 AM »

Most the regulars still check in almost daily. Logos has been busy, and as far as I know is having trouble accessing the forum again, so that is where 90% of stuff went. There just doesn't seem to be a huge amount of new "regulars" to me. Thought maybe that is just because I've not paid as much attention.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #53300 on: August 04, 2021, 12:43:34 PM »

Star Wars itself has hit a lull.  The Mandalorian was the only thing that really "united" the fan base again and while its on hiatus..in a way so is star wars...from a fan perspective at least.  Of course this is going off my experience in other forums/pages etc.  The Obi-Wan series isn't as hyped as it should be, The High Republic isn't selling like they hoped it would and the hubbub around the water cooler is there are shake ups going on at Lucasfilm.  All in all I agree it will probably pick back up after a while.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #53301 on: August 04, 2021, 05:02:26 PM »

Between work and life upheavals i just haven't had much time for forumming - i still exist though

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #53302 on: August 04, 2021, 11:04:58 PM »

I’ve been deliberately trying to keep my “output” on all internet outlets down to lower volume, just as a personal improvement effort.  I still come here several times a week to read, and occasionally contribute.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #53303 on: August 05, 2021, 05:35:58 AM »

Star Wars itself has hit a lull.  The Mandalorian was the only thing that really "united" the fan base again and while its on hiatus..in a way so is star wars...from a fan perspective at least.  Of course this is going off my experience in other forums/pages etc.  The Obi-Wan series isn't as hyped as it should be, The High Republic isn't selling like they hoped it would and the hubbub around the water cooler is there are shake ups going on at Lucasfilm.  All in all I agree it will probably pick back up after a while.

I'm seeing next to no discussion on Bad Batch (which I'm loving), and that is really sad. It will definitely pick back up again this winter once The Book of Boba starts, but until then, it is slow.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #53304 on: August 05, 2021, 06:24:29 PM »

I'm seeing next to no discussion on Bad Batch (which I'm loving), and that is really sad. It will definitely pick back up again this winter once The Book of Boba starts, but until then, it is slow.

Hi Taegin, well if you're interested in the Bad Batch (which I have managed to watch despite not having Disney+) you might like to see my latest "Batch" of saber designs. I have posted four of them already and hopefully I'll be uploading number five this weekend...I think you'll recognise the inspirations for them.
The first hilt can be found here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg793863#msg793863

Hope you like and Star Wars will pick up soon ...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #53305 on: August 06, 2021, 02:08:45 AM »

I know I'm on the internet and housebound more lately because I'm hitting the Olympics watching hard, like I do every two years. Next week I'll be doing more skateboarding and BMX-ing when I'm not working or with my girlfriend. 

(Sig by me!)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #53306 on: August 07, 2021, 08:18:06 PM »

I am currently without Disney+ so I have not seen the Bad Batch. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #53307 on: August 08, 2021, 07:33:54 AM »

I am currently without Disney+ so I have not seen the Bad Batch. 

Hi Darth Tepes,  Regards The Bad Batch I just sent you a PM with a link you may find useful ok!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #53308 on: August 10, 2021, 10:53:15 PM »

real life been keeping me busy. the next big leap for the group launches tomorrow. filing non profit form with the IRS. this will put us on the same level as the 501st. nothing more scary than dealing with Lucas property and the IRS, but it's been good so far.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #53309 on: August 11, 2021, 02:07:19 AM »

I just stopped by to refill the snack and drink machines and make sure nothing in the room is broken like a good slum lord. If you have any grievances about the room put them in the box and I may check on them the next time I stop by........in like 6-10 months.     

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Pages: 1 ... 3552 3553 [3554] 3555 3556 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: