Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 [1735] 1736 1737 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880080 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26010 on: December 21, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2kHXf7mSD8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2kHXf7mSD8</a>

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

SlenderTheEnder
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please. 끄기 우리가 간다!

« Reply #26011 on: December 21, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »

Jev deserves more points. He provides all this stuff.

It's all about the Benjamins, and I don't have many, but ideally, I want a Manticore CE in SY with Obsidian for Emerald, FoC orange.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #26012 on: December 22, 2014, 05:25:20 AM »

I learned a very important lesson yesterday, in that you should never think out loud about your saber buying ideas in front of your mother. I received (yet again) a very stern speech about how I am “an adult,” and a “young lady,” and that I should “act your age,” and that I had “no business buying that Thor action figure yesterday and you will not be buying a $300 toy! You will use that money for something else when you need it.”

To tell you the truth right now I only want three sabers; a Initiate V4 LE, a Shock LE, and a Shock. At first I just wanted a Shock LE with a Manticore emitter and different pommel (don’t know which; just not that one). Then I thought about a Shock and customizing the crap out of it with paint, o-rings, and parts from “the other guys.” And then I saw the Dark Initiate V4 show up on the forum. My first thought was “If that’s the new saber everyone is hinting at and it comes in a plain LE; I NEED THAT.”

That’s the one I want to buy; I even showed it to my mother to prove that I wasn’t buying something I’d break in two minutes. “I said, NO.” In the grand scheme of things that’s not as much money as many of the people on the forum have spent on sabers. I know my mother is older but, why does she have to be so old fashioned? And why do I have to be the good child that listens to my parents no matter how old I am?

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26013 on: December 22, 2014, 07:12:00 AM »

I learned a very important lesson yesterday, in that you should never think out loud about your saber buying ideas in front of your mother. I received (yet again) a very stern speech about how I am “an adult,” and a “young lady,” and that I should “act your age,” and that I had “no business buying that Thor action figure yesterday and you will not be buying a $300 toy! You will use that money for something else when you need it.”

To tell you the truth right now I only want three sabers; a Initiate V4 LE, a Shock LE, and a Shock. At first I just wanted a Shock LE with a Manticore emitter and different pommel (don’t know which; just not that one). Then I thought about a Shock and customizing the crap out of it with paint, o-rings, and parts from “the other guys.” And then I saw the Dark Initiate V4 show up on the forum. My first thought was “If that’s the new saber everyone is hinting at and it comes in a plain LE; I NEED THAT.”

That’s the one I want to buy; I even showed it to my mother to prove that I wasn’t buying something I’d break in two minutes. “I said, NO.” In the grand scheme of things that’s not as much money as many of the people on the forum have spent on sabers. I know my mother is older but, why does she have to be so old fashioned? And why do I have to be the good child that listens to my parents no matter how old I am?

Um... how old are you?

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #26014 on: December 22, 2014, 08:36:59 AM »

I'm Batman!
I am Groot!
I'm Batman!!
I am Groot!!
Superman: this could go on for a while...
Starlord: Whoa they made live action Transformers movies! Why do they look so weird? Whoa and they made a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, several of them! No way GI Joe got movies too?! I gotta go watch these!
I'm Batman!!!
I am Groot!!!
IM BATMAN!!!
I AM GROOT!!!
IM BATMA- sorry had a little hiccup...

Meanwhile, several hours later...
Starlord: Wow, that was kinda disappointing.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26015 on: December 22, 2014, 09:30:24 AM »

I'm Batman!
I am Groot!
I'mma Mario!
I'm Batman!!
I am Groot!!
I'mma Mario!!
Superman: this could go on for a while...
Starlord: Whoa they made live action Transformers movies! Why do they look so weird? Whoa and they made a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, several of them! No way GI Joe got movies too?! I gotta go watch these!
I'm Batman!!!
I am Groot!!!
I'mma Mario!!!
IM BATMAN!!!
I AM GROOT!!!
I'MMA MARIO!!!
IM BATMA- sorry had a little hiccup...
Eeees okay... I'mma Doctor too!
Meanwhile, several hours later...
Starlord: Wow, that was kinda disappointing.

FTFY

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #26016 on: December 22, 2014, 11:56:38 AM »

That made me laugh so hard  Cheesy Have a point.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26017 on: December 22, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »

This just made my morning. Friggin hi-larious.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #26018 on: December 22, 2014, 02:33:48 PM »

Um... how old are you?
Don’t you know that it’s rude to ask that to a lady? I am older than you think; I’m older than anyone thinks. Seriously, I say something relatively intelligent, and people ask in the “awe that’s so cute” tone, “What grade are you in?”

“I am in graduate school.”

“Wait…what?”

As for my mother she is nearly 70 years old and has not been well. I’ve spent a good portion of my life babysitting HER. I spend my breaks with my parents in case she needs help with something. I tend to humor her in most things. However, I still get small things when I can, like my Darth Vader action figure, my above said Thor action figure, or my small Zaku collection, and so on.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26019 on: December 22, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »

Don’t you know that it’s rude to ask that to a lady? I am older than you think; I’m older than anyone thinks. Seriously, I say something relatively intelligent, and people ask in the “awe that’s so cute” tone, “What grade are you in?”

“I am in graduate school.”

“Wait…what?”

As for my mother she is nearly 70 years old and has not been well. I’ve spent a good portion of my life babysitting HER. I spend my breaks with my parents in case she needs help with something. I tend to humor her in most things. However, I still get small things when I can, like my Darth Vader action figure, my above said Thor action figure, or my small Zaku collection, and so on.

The reason I ask was not out of idle curiosity.

If you are above the age of majority for whatever country you happen to live in, then you have zero reason to have your mother attempt to run your life in such a manner. I understand that she's 70 and that you're trying to humor her, but for her to pull the "I said NO" bit as if you were a twelve year old asking to stay up past your bedtime is ridiculous and smacks of a lady who is unable or unwilling to see that their child is a grown adult.

Of course, I could be completely misreading the situation...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26020 on: December 22, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »

The reason I ask was not out of idle curiosity.

If you are above the age of majority for whatever country you happen to live in, then you have zero reason to have your mother attempt to run your life in such a manner. I understand that she's 70 and that you're trying to humor her, but for her to pull the "I said NO" bit as if you were a twelve year old asking to stay up past your bedtime is ridiculous and smacks of a lady who is unable or unwilling to see that their child is a grown adult.

Of course, I could be completely misreading the situation...

I got your back Lady M. It doesn't matter what country you're in. My parents intro-ed me to SW, and they still don't get why I want multiple sabers. By-and-large parents just don't get it. And anyone that doesn't have the incling to buy one, won't get our justifications. And they don't need to. I guess they just fear that we're spending money that needs to go toward other things. They nag cuz they care.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #26021 on: December 22, 2014, 04:30:25 PM »

I am in my twenties and I have a big bin of legos, 2 ultrasabers (and more soon, but it is hard to get more sabers when you have a couple expensive hobbies), and I play table top games as often as I can. If you are an adult you can do what you bloody well like. . . within the confines of state and federal law of course.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _________

these sounds so awesome I thought that I would stick them here.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKG134uy8kQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKG134uy8kQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZRZMx7r_xY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZRZMx7r_xY</a>

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26022 on: December 22, 2014, 04:40:57 PM »

I am in my twenties and I have a big bin of legos, 2 ultrasabers (and more soon, but it is hard to get more sabers when you have a couple expensive hobbies), and I play table top games as often as I can. If you are an adult you can do what you bloody well like. . . within the confines of state and federal law of course.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _________

these sounds so awesome I thought that I would stick them here.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKG134uy8kQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZRZMx7r_xY

In my 30's. 4 sabers with more lined up. LEGO enthusiast for life. Gundam model fiend. Bass player. Avid video gamer. And I'm considering getting back into paint ball. I need to get rich.

Sig by For Tyeth

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #26023 on: December 22, 2014, 05:32:36 PM »

I'll turn 40 in March, my wife is *ahem* celebrating the 27th anniversary of her 21st Birthday in a month.  We both game together (tabletop and online), she's more into Star Trek than Star Wars (it's ok, she's forgiven,) we go to sci-fi conventions and comicons together, we both still watch cartoons.  For our first Valentine's Day together 15 years ago, I gave her a United Cutlery Klingon D'k Tahg.

She bought me my UltraSabers.  We can spend as much time in toy stores looking at collectibles as comic shops and gaming shops.  Our oldest daughter is 22 next month (the kids came with the "I Do") and will be moving out, our middle daughter is almost 20, married, and will be moving to Fort Drumm in New York with her husband for his next four years in the Army.  Our youngest is 17 and graduating high school this coming year, he plans to join the military... so we're on the verge of being complete empty nesters... we're hoping this means extra money freed up from the budget to channel back into hobbies such as costuming, LARPing, gaming, etc.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26024 on: December 22, 2014, 06:37:53 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhCQeFX9GSg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhCQeFX9GSg</a>

Pages: 1 ... 1733 1734 [1735] 1736 1737 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: