Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4898875 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #26640 on: March 02, 2015, 04:02:58 AM »

I was actually going to go for the Windows phone, but they didn't have any in stock at the time I was buying, which was how I ended up the Galaxy mini.  I also didn't want to talk on a freakin' poptart, so the iPhone 6 and big ass Galaxy were on my "NOPE!" list.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #26641 on: March 02, 2015, 04:34:30 AM »

My Nokia gets banged and dropped around a bit and it is just fine after two years. Sure, windows phones lack some of the features- but they are nowhere near as finicky as all my friends androids and iphones or my Samsung tablet, they just work. I just wish they would add forward and back buttons on the internet explorer  Undecided And that cortana was made properly available in Australia because it is soooo much better than the standard voice recognition program!

That's because it's a Nokia. Those things are indestructible.

I was actually going to go for the Windows phone, but they didn't have any in stock at the time I was buying, which was how I ended up the Galaxy mini.  I also didn't want to talk on a freakin' poptart, so the iPhone 6 and big ass Galaxy were on my "NOPE!" list.

I'm a big proponent of LG phones, their last two generations are great(can't speak for the previous, as I was told they weren't up to par, but have no experience with them). I love my G2, it's not really that big either, which one thing I love. I honestly don't know how I ever lived without it, or how I'll bring myself to upgrade it when the time comes. I might just keep it as long as it still functions, unless someone comes out with something that really wows me when I have my upgrade.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26642 on: March 02, 2015, 04:53:47 AM »

I just wish they would add forward and back buttons on the internet explorer

Not sure if you got the 8.1 update yet, but Internet Explorer does have forward and back. Not buttons, but swipes. It's a little finicky, though.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26643 on: March 02, 2015, 05:02:01 AM »

I love the big phones and currently own a Lumia 1520. My hands are often affectionately referred to as either "ham hocks" or "gorilla paws" so the small phones are... inconvenient to me.

That's because it's a Nokia. Those things are indestructible.

Seriously.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #26644 on: March 02, 2015, 05:26:56 AM »

I like the look of the big phone, but it's not practical for me.   I don't know where I'd put the damn thing!  I hate carrying stuff around as it is, so the smaller phone fits in a pocket just fine.  I can't walk around with the poptart in my pocket.   This is probably somewhat ironic considering my big ol' Bellicose that I haul around everywhere.   Cheesy

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #26645 on: March 02, 2015, 09:41:12 AM »

Not sure if you got the 8.1 update yet, but Internet Explorer does have forward and back. Not buttons, but swipes. It's a little finicky, though.

swipes?! that sounds.... weird....

I have 8.1, but here in Aus we don't get the full functionality of it. that and I've got an old lumia 5 something (is it bad I dunno what model I have? Tongue) and they don't get the full update. My contract has ended, but I dunno if it is worth stepping up to a newer model.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #26646 on: March 02, 2015, 11:50:42 AM »

Am I the last person in the world who uses a flip phone?

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26647 on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:50 PM »

Am I the last person in the world who uses a flip phone?

No. My 53 year old coworker does as well...

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #26648 on: March 02, 2015, 03:21:21 PM »

New skill learned and practiced this morning. Salt water etching, I can't wait to try it on some sabers.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #26649 on: March 02, 2015, 03:25:26 PM »

No. My 53 year old coworker does as well...

I still used a flip phone, which didn't cost me anything but the activation charge, up until a few months ago.  Now I'm rockin' the HTC One. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26650 on: March 02, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »

I was actually glad to see this... not that I ever wished any ill upon Mr. Nimoy, possibly one of the greatest men I ever got to meet, but I knew he'd been suffering for quite a while with his illness.  Some days were definitely better than others, but his last few months had been spent in a wheelchair on oxygen.  He is no longer suffering and he's being reunited with friends who left us too soon as well, Roddenberry, Doohan, Kelly... And knowing his sense of humor, I bet he's glad he knocked that stupid white,gold/black,blue dress out of the headlines...

I find your proclamation of faith both comforting and inspiring. POINTS.  I recently felt the loss of a family friend. She had polio, and was confined to a wheel chair from the age of 9. In the last 12 years she had been dependent on a resperator. I think she was 73 when she passed. We were all sad that she was no longer with us, but the grief was less potent than most because we all knew that she was free of her chair, and that one day we will see her again.

On a lighter note. Points to Nox on the spiffy new avatar.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #26651 on: March 02, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »

My Nokia gets banged and dropped around a bit and it is just fine after two years. Sure, windows phones lack some of the features- but they are nowhere near as finicky as all my friends androids and iphones or my Samsung tablet, they just work. I just wish they would add forward and back buttons on the internet explorer  Undecided And that cortana was made properly available in Australia because it is soooo much better than the standard voice recognition program!

Nokia Windows phone FTW!

This popped up on my feed this morning and elicited quite the chuckle.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #26652 on: March 02, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »

Nokia Windows phone FTW!

Its nice to know I'm not the only one.

I'm the only windows phone owner I know of amongst all my friends. Apparently we are rare.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #26653 on: March 02, 2015, 05:25:33 PM »

Its nice to know I'm not the only one.

I'm the only windows phone owner I know of amongst all my friends. Apparently we are rare.

Only reason I would want a Windows phone would be for Cortana.  I am hoping they make it available for Android at some point.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #26654 on: March 02, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »

Only reason I would want a Windows phone would be for Cortana.  I am hoping they make it available for Android at some point.

They won't. Apple has Siri. Windows has Cortana. Android has Google Now (or something). Cortana is from Halo, which M$ has exclusive rights to as a personal assistant.

Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: