Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 1782 1783 [1784] 1785 1786 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4896135 times)
Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #26745 on: March 05, 2015, 04:11:03 AM »

My favorite food is pizza, so if I get anywhere near it, you won't have any slices left.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #26746 on: March 05, 2015, 04:12:23 AM »

I don't eat bread unless it's pizza.  Then?  There's a problem.  Usually a several slice problem.

Problem? Sounds like you have it figured out to me.
More pizza.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #26747 on: March 05, 2015, 04:13:19 AM »

My favorite food is pizza, so if I get anywhere near it, you won't have any slices left.

By the time you get here I'll have had mine.
If you have to fight anyone it'd be Nox.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #26748 on: March 05, 2015, 04:15:02 AM »

I won't fight Venturous.  He fixed my Obi-Ani spin.  Dark and Grey can be friends.

(And seriously.  WHO named that technique??)

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26749 on: March 05, 2015, 04:16:52 AM »

I won't fight Venturous.  He fixed my Obi-Ani spin.  Dark and Grey can be friends.

(And seriously.  WHO named that technique??)

Well grey is half dark, so yes. Tongue And I don't know who named it, but I want to catch them in a dark back alley and have a few words with them about it.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #26750 on: March 05, 2015, 04:19:08 AM »

Well grey is half dark, so yes. Tongue And I don't know who named it, but I want to catch them in a dark back alley and have a few words with them about it.

It's a backspin flourish.  Obi-Ani just . . . I can't with that.  The end.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26751 on: March 05, 2015, 04:23:35 AM »

It's a backspin flourish.  Obi-Ani just . . . I can't with that.  The end.

I've heard it called a shoulder roll flourish from someone who I believe was a contact firespinner, which is a name I'm ok with. It could also be called a hip roll. Obi-Ani is just a crap term that I hate using. Unfortunately, most everyone knows what you are talking about when you say it.

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #26752 on: March 05, 2015, 04:24:27 AM »

I back the movement to no longer use Obi-Ani

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #26753 on: March 05, 2015, 04:28:30 AM »

I just dug out my paintball marker because somebody on another forum started talking about it and it made me nostalgic for the days of running around in the woods shooting at my friends. Does anybody around here do paintball? I can't remember.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #26754 on: March 05, 2015, 04:29:25 AM »

I back the movement to no longer use Obi-Ani

Agreed!

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #26755 on: March 05, 2015, 04:30:25 AM »

I've heard it called a shoulder roll flourish from someone who I believe was a contact firespinner, which is a name I'm ok with. It could also be called a hip roll. Obi-Ani is just a crap term that I hate using. Unfortunately, most everyone knows what you are talking about when you say it.

There's a staff move that we teach with the jo that is very similar and I just call it a backspin even though, really?  That's incorrect . . . it's a behind-the-back spin more than a backspin.  I'm not sure if it has a name, but I think "shoulder roll flourish" would be more accurate.  

Also, can I just add how many times I hit myself with my Sentinel when I was learning this?  I remember my husband calling me on my phone while I was "practicing" and he asked me what I was doing and I growled out, "Well, I'm FAILING, what are YOU doing?"    Too much Anakin.  Not enough Obi.   Cheesy

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26756 on: March 05, 2015, 04:33:08 AM »

There's a staff move that we teach with the jo that is very similar and I just call it a backspin even though, really?  That's incorrect . . . it's a behind-the-back spin more than a backspin.  I'm not sure if it has a name, but I think "shoulder roll flourish" would be more accurate. 

Also, can I just add how many times I hit myself with my Sentinel when I was learning this?  I remember my husband calling me on my phone while I was "practicing" and he asked me what I was doing and I growled out, "Well, I'm FAILING, what are YOU doing?"    Too much Anakin.  Not enough Obi.   Cheesy

Lol, nice. I personally like the name "shoulder roll" as well. The trick would be getting everyone else to know what you meant by it if we suddenly started using that term.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #26757 on: March 05, 2015, 04:40:57 AM »

Lol, nice. I personally like the name "shoulder roll" as well. The trick would be getting everyone else to know what you meant by it if we suddenly started using that term.

The first video I watched wasn't one of yours . . . it's was someone else and when he said, "the Obi-Ani," my eyebrow just about went into my hairline. 

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #26758 on: March 05, 2015, 04:47:04 AM »

But why is it called "Obi-Anni"? do they use it a lot in the movies? I am not a trained fighter (apart from boxing and a little bit of fencing) but it seems like a blaster deflection/blocking technique, I am probably wrong, and I cannot see its effectiveness in saber to saber combat.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #26759 on: March 05, 2015, 04:48:35 AM »

hasn't it also been called the Plum Flower ?

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Pages: 1 ... 1782 1783 [1784] 1785 1786 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: