Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2629 2630 [2631] 2632 2633 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880399 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #39450 on: January 11, 2017, 08:38:35 PM »

Jaws?

Yes.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #39451 on: January 11, 2017, 08:42:11 PM »

Yes.
It is considered by many to be one of the greatest movies ever made.

It is one of Steven Spielberg's best movies of all time.

It created the modern summer blockbuster.

It is one of the greatest movies adapted from a book ever

It is more suspenseful and tension filled than out and out horror, but that just makes it all the better.

You will definitely think about it any time you go swimming in the sea or a lake! Cheesy

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #39452 on: January 11, 2017, 08:55:45 PM »

Yes.
It was the biological equivalent of a disaster movie. It was all about suspense, but not really scary....unless you're afraid of sharks.

I liked the Ghost and the Darkness. Don't want to give too much away but it was about a pair of lions. Not horror, but good.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #39453 on: January 11, 2017, 09:02:35 PM »

It is one of the greatest movies adapted from a book ever

Fun Facts:

Author Peter Benchley disagreed about the ending of the movie so persistently that he was thrown off-set. His idea was closer to that of Moby Dick, but Spielberg wanted a more cinematic 'punch'.  (Benchley now concedes the director's ending is the better of the two.)

Chief Brody's son narrowly escapes getting chomped when the shark enters the shallow waters of Amity beach. He's held in hospital for the night, even though the nurse says he's only suffering 'mild shock'. It's only when you see the sequence that didn't make the final cut that you realise the extent of the boy's trauma; the unintended victim of the shark attack puts himself in the path of the shark to save the child, holding the boy out of the way while the great white eats the man alive. Spielberg decided the scene was too gory and in 'poor taste'.

Spielberg was careful to avoid using the color red (you won't see see anyone wearing it), so as to maximise the impact of blood on-screen when the shark attacks.

I liked the Ghost and the Darkness. Don't want to give too much away but it was about a pair of lions. Not horror, but good.

Excellent movie, and based on a true story to boot. I've been to the Field Museum in Chicago and seen the lions. They are indeed frightening to behold. Fun fact: The actual lions were both males, as shown in the movie, but unlike the movie, they were maneless.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #39454 on: January 11, 2017, 09:18:08 PM »

Spielberg decided the scene was too gory and in 'poor taste'.
I like that there are (maybe now only 'were') people who knew where to draw the line versus being ratings whores.

Excellent movie, and based on a true story to boot. I've been to the Field Museum in Chicago and seen the lions. They are indeed frightening to behold. Fun fact: The actual lions were both males, as shown in the movie, but unlike the movie, they were maneless.
Juvies?

I've been to that museum more than a few times. If I have seen them, it's been so long that I can't remember. I really want to go back.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #39455 on: January 11, 2017, 09:44:11 PM »

Juvies?

No, full grown adults. They were Tsavo lions, a distinct subspecies of the East African lion known for being maneless.

I've been to that museum more than a few times. If I have seen them, it's been so long that I can't remember. I really want to go back.

The display at the Field Museum:

John Patterson and the first lion:

The second lion:

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #39456 on: January 11, 2017, 10:56:06 PM »

I seem to have acquired a double post problem. Hmmmm

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39457 on: January 11, 2017, 11:40:48 PM »

I seem to have acquired a double post problem. Hmmmm

Fixed it for you.  Smiley

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #39458 on: January 11, 2017, 11:57:31 PM »

SPIT!! Missed "movie time: jaws edition"

While down in Mexico, I saw Jaws. I really wanted to see how they'd translate, "I think we're need a bigger boat". Got "necesitamos otra barco"... Kinda underwhelming. Overall though, enjoyed it only cuz I've seen Jaws a billion times and know the lines

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #39459 on: January 12, 2017, 12:14:10 AM »

SPIT!! Missed "movie time: jaws edition"

While down in Mexico, I saw Jaws. I really wanted to see how they'd translate, "I think we're need a bigger boat". Got "necesitamos otra barco"... Kinda underwhelming. Overall though, enjoyed it only cuz I've seen Jaws a billion times and know the lines

Yeah, they don't need another boat. They need "un barco más grande." Then again, if said in a good telenovela accent, even "una limonada" can sound dramatic.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #39460 on: January 12, 2017, 12:15:19 AM »

Then again, if said in a good telenovela accent, even "una limonada" can sound dramatic.

I don't speak Spanish, but that sounds like it came from a movie.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #39461 on: January 12, 2017, 12:28:32 AM »

Then again, if said in a good telenovela accent, even "una limonada" can sound dramatic.

Taking guesses here ... "una limonada" = a lemonade?

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #39462 on: January 12, 2017, 12:35:49 AM »

Taking guesses here ... "una limonada" = a lemonade?

Yes. I swear every entry level Spanish class requires it's students to learn how to ask for a lemonade, where the library is, and that Pedro is lazy and Marta works hard.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #39463 on: January 12, 2017, 12:38:16 AM »

The Sixth Sense (this was back when M.Night Shyamaramalamadingdong was making good movies)

The Others

The Ring

The Grudge

Arachnophobia

Night of the Comet

Eight Legged Freaks (more horror comedy)

These all look interesting. + Jaws and Knox keeps mentioning Poltergeist.  Where do I start?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #39464 on: January 12, 2017, 12:45:22 AM »

These all look interesting. + Jaws and Knox keeps mentioning Poltergeist.  Where do I start?
If you are asking for an order, my suggestion woukd be:

1- Jaws
2- The Sixth Sense
3- Poltergeist
4- The Ring
4- Shaun of the Dead
6- The Grudge
7- Arachnophobia
8- The Others
9- Eight Legged Freaks
10- Night of the Comet

This is not to say the ones lower on the list are bad. It's more a matter of giving you a well rounded experience of the horror genre.

Pages: 1 ... 2629 2630 [2631] 2632 2633 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: