Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2647 2648 [2649] 2650 2651 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4898673 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #39720 on: January 21, 2017, 03:09:58 AM »

Those weren't the only movies I watched. There was plenty of Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, Laurel & Hardy, comedies, cartoons, action, westerns and cop movies too. They all contributed to my deep love and appreciation of cinema, especially as a good percentage of those movies are now considered classics.

I just glanced at one of my movies shelves and realised that I was allowed to watch a lot of movies I technically was too young for. I remember one Saturday down the barbershop recounting beat for beat every scene in Robocop to some of the kids there, as I loved it so much (guns, ultra-violence, cyborg, future and a toxic waste melty man).

And my love of sci-fi started with Star Trek (horror began with Michael Jackson's Thriller video! LOL)

Emil, the toxic waste melty man!! Lol!!

I too watched too much adult films(not "adult") when I was 6-teens. I remember watching Terminator and watching especially for the Sarah Connor baby making scene. I think like, was I really screwed up then?? But I also remember just playing outside alone, making up all these stories. Grabbing a stick and using it as a gun, a staff, sword, bat. Kid stuff. Just active imagination.
Thriller was a Thanksgiving staple at my grandparents house. All of us cousins would watch on MTV the making of Thriller

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39721 on: January 21, 2017, 03:18:28 AM »

Ok then. No offence to anyone who likes these guys, but I thought that was 50 shades of crap. Didn't find it funny at all.

That being said though, I am very interested to see Jordan Peele's new movie Get Out. That looks Totes Amazeballs

Ain't nothin more terrfying than watching black folk run from white folk, amarite?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnkgiINreIk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnkgiINreIk</a>

It does look like a well made thriller. Taught, concise; similar it "It Follows."

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #39722 on: January 21, 2017, 03:23:37 AM »

Ain't nothin more terrfying than watching black folk run from white folk, amarite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnkgiINreIk

It does look like a well made thriller.

Thought it was gonna be a weird comedy. Got serious real quick!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #39723 on: January 21, 2017, 03:32:05 AM »

No offence, but unless you're black you won't get what is (truly) terrifying about this trailer.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39724 on: January 21, 2017, 03:38:22 AM »

Sure, no offence was meant, but way to be discriminatory.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39725 on: January 21, 2017, 03:43:16 AM »

Sure, no offence was meant, but way to be discriminatory.
No offence was taken. And saying someone white cannot fully understand "the black experience" is not discriminatory. Just a fact of life, in the same way that I could not understand the American Indian experience or white experience etc. Cultural differences and geography make our individual experiences unique to us.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39726 on: January 21, 2017, 03:48:43 AM »

No offence, but unless you're black you won't get what is (truly) terrifying about this trailer.

And saying someone white cannot fully understand  is not discriminatory.

You are saying that the color of someone's skin precludes them from having an understanding of "the black experience."

That is flat out discrimination, and exclusionary.

How are people suppose to empathize if they're being told that they could never possibly understand in the first place?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #39727 on: January 21, 2017, 03:51:57 AM »

You guys think it would be worth it to buy the hilt I want empty with this current sale then send it in for the works when I have the money or is just going to wind up costing me more....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39728 on: January 21, 2017, 03:54:49 AM »

You are saying that the color of someone's skin precludes them from having an understanding of "the black experience."

That is flat out discrimination, and exclusionary.
Not only are you misunderstanding the point I was making you are also making assumptions too. However, i am going to extract myself from this conversation in an effort to avoid inadvertently offending anyone as not only is it extremely difficult to properly convey tone in written form, but this subject can so easily spiral out of control.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39729 on: January 21, 2017, 03:58:05 AM »

Not only are you misunderstanding the point I was making you are also making assumptions too. However, i am going to extract myself from this conversation in an effort to avoid inadvertently offending anyone as not only is it extremely difficult to properly convey tone in written form, but this subject can so easily spiral out of control.

Ditto.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #39730 on: January 21, 2017, 04:15:01 AM »

So you guys are picturing me as Mara Jade now aren't you...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39731 on: January 21, 2017, 04:23:53 AM »

Yes. A beautiful bearded redhead.  Cheesy

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #39732 on: January 21, 2017, 04:24:59 AM »

Yes. A beautiful bearded redhead.  Cheesy

Actually I haven't had the beard in months.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #39733 on: January 21, 2017, 05:17:56 AM »

I like her with the Pink-ish Purple saber form the cover of Choices Of One better. But still a cool pic.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #39734 on: January 21, 2017, 05:33:10 AM »

Funny how whenever I see an avatar or signature pic I automatically think that's what that person looks like. Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 2647 2648 [2649] 2650 2651 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: