Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2755 2756 [2757] 2758 2759 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4899163 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #41340 on: February 26, 2017, 12:57:54 AM »

Self control, I'm good at. Patience, not typically an issue.

Being with reach of a dream I've had for the best part of half my life, and thought wouldn't be fulfilled for another 10-15 years? Testing.

My wife (my wonderful wife) informed me a while back that, when I replace my car later this year, that I don't need to get another sensible family car; We don't need two of them, and she's just bought one. So I can buy a car based on how fun it is to drive, I can buy an impractical car that won't carry the whole family, I can buy a convertible...

In short, I can buy an MX5. Ever since I first had a ride in one seventeen years ago I've wanted one, never really thinking I'd get one, or at least not when there were kids to drive around... But having dived in and done all the due dilligence I can, researched any likely issues, I'm now ready to buy, but there's the small matter of needing the money. I should have left the research until later in the year, but I wanted to be prepared (and as an impractical purchase, I'm determined to make it a fairly cheap one) and there's one sitting at a dealership just a half hour away that's practically perfect, and...

I shall exercise self control. I shall be patient. I shan't bankrupt my family when I have a perfectly adequate car sat outside that's no real age for a modern car (10 years old). I'm sure that when the time comes, I'll find one that's exactly right, even with the right colour, which is the only thing that's 2nd or 3rd choice on the one nearby right now...

But if I say that I was looking at my Ultrasabers earlier and wondering how much I could get by selling them all, well, I think that shows how twitchy I'm feeling right now Cheesy
1- Start playing the lottery
2- Get a paper round
C- Sell blood (I'm sure you can find some local vampires online who would be interested. Or a mad scientist in need of human genetic material)

*edit* forgot to mention, if you're going to sell your Ultrasabers collection, I'll give you £30 for the lot. And a pickled egg.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #41341 on: February 26, 2017, 01:01:04 AM »

Being with reach of a dream I've had for the best part of half my life, and thought wouldn't be fulfilled for another 10-15 years? Testing.

My wife (my wonderful wife) informed me a while back that, when I replace my car later this year, that I don't need to get another sensible family car; We don't need two of them, and she's just bought one. So I can buy a car based on how fun it is to drive, I can buy an impractical car that won't carry the whole family, I can buy a convertible...

In short, I can buy an MX5. Ever since I first had a ride in one seventeen years ago I've wanted one, never really thinking I'd get one, or at least not when there were kids to drive around... But having dived in and done all the due dilligence I can, researched any likely issues, I'm now ready to buy, but there's the small matter of needing the money. I should have left the research until later in the year, but I wanted to be prepared (and as an impractical purchase, I'm determined to make it a fairly cheap one) and there's one sitting at a dealership just a half hour away that's practically perfect, and...

I shall exercise self control. I shall be patient. I shan't bankrupt my family when I have a perfectly adequate car sat outside that's no real age for a modern car (10 years old). I'm sure that when the time comes, I'll find one that's exactly right, even with the right colour, which is the only thing that's 2nd or 3rd choice on the one nearby right now...

But if I say that I was looking at my Ultrasabers earlier and wondering how much I could get by selling them all, well, I think that shows how twitchy I'm feeling right now Cheesy

James, I don't know if this helps, but, damn it's amazing to drive! I drove one a few weeks back while they were doing an oil change on my 6, OH FUH! It's amazing! No way is it practical cuz it's my wife's car but the salesman saw me looking at it and I said "Sure!" So that was that.
But impulse buying is the worst. I have terrible buyer's remorse on everything. Takes me a long time to justify a purchase. I know that could be, depending on trade or sale of your current car, still could be $350-$450 a month for the next 5-6 years so big decision

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #41342 on: February 26, 2017, 02:22:51 AM »

My throat hurts so much I feel like ripping it out.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41343 on: February 26, 2017, 02:23:56 AM »

Man-flu will do that to you. Unless you've been out kissing too many girls again.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #41344 on: February 26, 2017, 02:28:42 AM »

Man-flu will do that to you.

Unless you've been out kissing too many girls again.

It's not funny.

I wish, but I'd rather they be hugs.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #41345 on: February 26, 2017, 02:39:15 AM »

There is a metal song in there somewhere.  Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #41346 on: February 26, 2017, 02:41:09 AM »

Heh heh, I think you're right.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41347 on: February 26, 2017, 02:41:24 AM »

I was thinking maybe an Adele style ballad.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #41348 on: February 26, 2017, 02:53:53 AM »

That's what you get for all those late nights watching movies.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #41349 on: February 26, 2017, 02:57:15 AM »

That's what you get for all those late nights watching movies.

It may have been partly late nights, but not late night movies. I had some late nights when I was gone, plus a lot of my family is sick.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41350 on: February 26, 2017, 03:05:00 AM »

It's not funny.

I wish, but I'd rather they be hugs.
You're right. Who would want to kiss a girl when you can hug them instead.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #41351 on: February 26, 2017, 03:09:47 AM »

You're right. Who would want to kiss a girl when you can hug them instead.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but that's a true statement for me.

Granted, I haven't done either, so I might be wrong about that.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #41352 on: February 26, 2017, 03:24:52 AM »

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #41353 on: February 26, 2017, 03:39:05 AM »

No - Axl Rose already did that. Roll Eyes

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #41354 on: February 26, 2017, 04:53:36 AM »

I don't blame you. I'm considering purchasing one when I get out to California  (hopefully at the beginning of summer), as driving a stick in LA traffic will likely have me throwing fits of road rage.....I'll need a new car. And I can't be a proper California girl without a convertible now can I?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 2755 2756 [2757] 2758 2759 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: