Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2762 2763 [2764] 2765 2766 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880563 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #41445 on: February 27, 2017, 06:19:08 AM »

Really you're not loosing any hair,  it just relocates to your back, butt or  both. Also if it runs in your family, you may still see a thinning even though your estrogen/ testosterone levels are altered(since it is the testosterone that causes it).  

Actually it's NOT testosterone that causes it, it's DHT which a different male hormone. According to every doctor I've spoken to, HRT halts it in it's tracks...though regrowth of hair already lost is rare. Since I was not thinning when I started, I should be fine.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #41446 on: February 27, 2017, 06:41:37 AM »

Haven't seen that one.

You definitely need to. It has Debbie Reynolds in it, and a bunch of other really good actors that I am having trouble remembering their names right now.

From the cave paintings of prehistoric man to the Egyptian hieroglyphics, from the written word to the creation of film, human beings have consistently told stories. And that, at it's core, is what film is about. Not every story will touch you the same way and they aren't meant to. It's not about validation or placing them in order of best to worst. Yes, that can be fun to do, but when you get down to the basics, film can enrich you life in so many ways.

That is a great way to explain movies, and honestly I have never specifically thought of them like that, although I watch movies/tv shows for the story more than anything else. Point for it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #41447 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:43 AM »

That's the question. I'm not going to spend my life in front of a screen. There's other things to do.
Like spending hours on saberforum? Lol

*edit* My last week of freedom before I start my new job. My missus has the day off work too. Needless to say today will be spent cuddled under the duvet, snacking and watching bad daytime tv.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #41448 on: February 27, 2017, 11:35:11 AM »

That's the question. I'm not going to spend my life in front of a screen. There's other things to do.

Depends on what you consider "things to do".   When I was your age I watched a ton of films on weekends, while still "doing things".  I have noticed in the last 20 years people start filling their day with "things to do" to make themselves feel as if they are not wasting time.    But I digress, I'm sure you have the time to watch at least one film every weekend and I'm sure We here on the forums can give you recommendations.   I am curious though, why do you not enjoy older films as much as newer.

What a total F*CK UP at the Oscars for Best Picture. I am in shock.  Shocked Shocked

One of the craziest moments in Oscar history

Did the Oscars come on this week?  huh.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41449 on: February 27, 2017, 11:43:49 AM »

Depends on what you consider "things to do".   When I was your age I watched a ton of films on weekends, while still "doing things".
Ditto. In addition to watching a shedload of films I also read a lot, practiced my musical instrument of choice at the time (flute, saxophone and clarinet), competed for various school sports teams, household chores, watched tv, goofed off, saw friends and family and did all my homework for school on time.

I have noticed in the last 20 years people start filling their day with "things to do" to make themselves feel as if they are not wasting time.    
Personally I would say watching movies is not time wasted. But that's just me.

I am curious though, why do you not enjoy older films as much as newer.
Good question

*edit* If you only watch 2 movies a week (one on a Saturday and one on a Sunday) that is over 100 movies a year, not counting rewatching a movie you've already seen. 2 a week is so achieveable for anybody.

Did the Oscars come on this week?  huh.
They did indeed. And away from the controversy, it was a great show. Kimmel smashed it as host.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #41450 on: February 27, 2017, 12:07:43 PM »

Ditto. In addition to watching a shedload of films I also read a lot, practiced my musical instrument of choice at the time (flute, saxophone and clarinet), competed for various school sports teams, household chores, watched tv, goofed off, saw friends and family and did all my homework for school on time.
Personally I would say watching movies is not time wasted. But that's just me.
Good question

*edit* If you only watch 2 movies a week (one on a Saturday and one on a Sunday) that is over 100 movies a year, not counting rewatching a movie you've already seen. 2 a week is so achieveable for anybody.
They did indeed. And away from the controversy, it was a great show. Kimmel smashed it as host.

Controversy? No, never at an awards show... Shocked    But what kind, Forum appropriate or banned topics...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41451 on: February 27, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »

Controversy? No, never at an awards show... Shocked    But what kind, Forum appropriate or banned topics...
They awarded best picture to the wrong movie, and while all the people involved with La La Land were on stage thanking people they had to stop them, take back the statues and give it to Moonlight who actually did win.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvK-g1rehpU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvK-g1rehpU&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #41452 on: February 27, 2017, 04:00:00 PM »

They awarded best picture to the wrong movie, and while all the people involved with La La Land were on stage thanking people they had to stop them, take back the statues and give it to Moonlight who actually did win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvK-g1rehpU&feature=youtu.be

Anyone else think that was a fun dig at the Steve Harvey thing and everyone was in on it?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41453 on: February 27, 2017, 04:04:04 PM »

Anyone else think that was a fun dig at the Steve Harvey thing?
Kimmel did mention Steve Harvey to try and control the situation, but I don't think they did it on purpose. This is the biggest award the industry has to offer. You don't try and be "funny" at such a time. I have said elsewhere, if this was planned, it is in poor taste. If it was planned and it ever came out, then not only would the Oscars loose all credibility, but they would cease to exist. I think it was an honest, albeit stupid and unfortunate, mistake.

*edit* Now that I have come down from the Oscars buzz, and because it's Monday, it's for a brand spanking new, shiny discussion topic. Wanna join in? It's free to sign up for the next 7 days

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34292.new#new

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #41454 on: February 27, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »

Like spending hours on saberforum? Lol

Well, you got me there. There are several times each day when I can check in here but can't watch a movie.

Depends on what you consider "things to do".   When I was your age I watched a ton of films on weekends, while still "doing things".  I have noticed in the last 20 years people start filling their day with "things to do" to make themselves feel as if they are not wasting time.    But I digress, I'm sure you have the time to watch at least one film every weekend and I'm sure We here on the forums can give you recommendations. 

I am curious though, why do you not enjoy older films as much as newer.

I'm sure I could find the time to watch several movies each week. But it's not something I'll force myself to do

Hmmm, well, it's like they have an older feel to them that I don't like as much.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41455 on: February 27, 2017, 04:16:18 PM »

Hmmm, well, it's like they have an older feel to them that I don't like as much.
An older feel? Explain

(not being difficult, just interested in understanding what you mean)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #41456 on: February 27, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »

An older feel? Explain

(not being difficult, just interested in understanding what you mean)

I don't really know how to explain further. Special effects, older clothing styles, they can make a movie "feel" old for me.  Undecided

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #41457 on: February 27, 2017, 05:58:33 PM »

I wonder if they'll get Dwayne Johnson to host next year?

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41458 on: February 27, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »

I wonder if they'll get Dwayne Johnson to host next year?
I said that during the ceremony. The man is all charm and big smile and was very comfortable on the stage introducing the girl who sang the song from Moana. I think he'd be as good a host as Hugh Jackman has been in the past (without the singing and dancing. Although that would be quite a sight)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #41459 on: February 27, 2017, 06:03:13 PM »

I said that during the ceremony. The man is all charm and big smile and was very comfortable on the stage introducing the girl who sang the song from Moana. I think he'd be as good a host as Hugh Jackman has been in the past (without the singing and dancing. Although that would be quite a sight)

You're right, you did say that. Apologies.

I think ti's be awesome to see the Rock get footloose.  Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: 1 ... 2762 2763 [2764] 2765 2766 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: