Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880564 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #43275 on: June 20, 2017, 04:22:07 PM »

They actually were pretty good movies.

So I've heard.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43276 on: June 20, 2017, 04:26:25 PM »

So I've heard.
What I loved most was the use of magical creatures to explain certain things that happen in everyday life.

Semi-spoiler Alert: Like why all the scary things are always in the closet or under the bed.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #43277 on: June 20, 2017, 08:10:52 PM »

Then it's pure fiction without science, because sci-fi has better rules. (Still gonna watch movies though)
Of course it's pure fiction. That's what comic books have always been, fantastical fiction with some occasional sci-fi elements thrown in.

To be honest, I've always viewed comic books as modern mythology, carrying on the traditional storytelling heritage that previous cultures like the Egyptians, Romans and Greeks did. Their stories were of Gods and monsters and humans. Our stories are of Superheroes (some who are or could be considered Gods), monsters, villains and humans. But, that's just my view.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #43278 on: June 20, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »

To be honest, I've always viewed comic books as modern mythology, carrying on the traditional storytelling heritage that previous cultures like the Egyptians, Romans and Greeks did. Their stories were of Gods and monsters and humans. Our stories are of Superheroes (some who are or could be considered Gods), monsters, villains and humans. But, that's just my view.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #43279 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:01 PM »

Everything you ever wanted to know about art (but were afraid to ask)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43280 on: June 20, 2017, 08:57:49 PM »

Of course it's pure fiction. That's what comic books have always been, fantastical fiction with some occasional sci-fi elements thrown in.

Then to quote a quote from the MCU "Magic is just science that we don't understand yet." Most of the comic realm is based in the fantasy of what science can yield.

Thusly:

Our understanding of how the world works has grown, so less needs to be explained via myth. And while it is fun to conceive of what might be, IMO good sci-fi has good science behind it, or at least attempts to.

Also you never got back to my question of if you and the Miss are doing alright.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #43281 on: June 21, 2017, 12:57:50 AM »

Man, I get home from work and have to scan through 2 pages of comments...don't you people work Tongue

Didn't stop Woody Allen...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!

This is "meh" to you?

Indeed, Irksome to have someone "Meh" someone you find attractive isn't it  Grin.   But, yes I don't find her attractive for the reason I stated and for the simple fact she is rather plain to me..nothing about her absolutely stands out.  As usual, that's just my opinion of her attractiveness.

As to the age thing, it does not mean I do not find women younger than myself attractive....take Kate Upton....she is even younger than Emma...but I find her attractive.  Because I did not see her until she was an adult.  Same vein with people you grow up with. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #43282 on: June 21, 2017, 04:30:48 AM »

Indeed, Irksome to have someone "Meh" someone you find attractive isn't it  Grin.   But, yes I don't find her attractive for the reason I stated and for the simple fact she is rather plain to me..nothing about her absolutely stands out.  As usual, that's just my opinion of her attractiveness.

To each their own. I guess I like the plain beauty thing. I'd probably go as far to say that she is my new #1 most attractive female I've seen. Undecided

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #43283 on: June 22, 2017, 03:59:32 AM »

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43284 on: June 22, 2017, 05:14:28 AM »

Man, I get home from work and have to scan through 2 pages of comments...don't you people work Tongue

I am the same way. Working is annoying.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43285 on: June 22, 2017, 01:07:13 PM »

Preach.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to my running mate when I make my play for the presidency.

Sig by For Tyeth

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #43286 on: June 22, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »

yesterday our "Vader" in the group got an attitude for some reason and a self entitled attitude to the point our "sword master" asked permission to "school" him in combat. as petty and childish as this 30yr old was...the rest of the upper group members decided to bounce him and delete every petty comment instead. (personally it be fun watching the beating take place)

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #43287 on: June 22, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »

yesterday our "Vader" in the group got an attitude for some reason and a self entitled attitude to the point our "sword master" asked permission to "school" him in combat. as petty and childish as this 30yr old was...the rest of the upper group members decided to bounce him and delete every petty comment instead. (personally it be fun watching the beating take place)

Shoot, I miss everything.

Would there be any interest in reading reviews of the current Star Wars comics?

LOL   Perfect.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #43288 on: June 22, 2017, 07:42:49 PM »

To each their own. I guess I like the plain beauty thing. I'd probably go as far to say that she is my new #1 most attractive female I've seen. Undecided

Perhaps because you're young enough that by the time people considered her attractive she was already older than you and an adult. It's the same thing with Emily Osment. I was watching Young and Hungry with my sister when it first aired, and I find her costar infinitely more attractive, despite Emily being more my usual type. I hadn't been seeing the other one since she was 13, which makes up the difference.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #43289 on: June 24, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »

Heh. Got a chuckle out of this:

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: