Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2895 2896 [2897] 2898 2899 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4879832 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #43440 on: July 17, 2017, 06:00:07 AM »

Advice you already know: Don't go to far, too fast. Don't cut corners. Don't overcommit yourselves. Even if you can do 18 events in 6 weeks, it may not be worth the exhaustion by the 15th event. Remember to have fun. Remember that, as a group, there will be disagreements. If everyone is an adult about it (which is unlikely, but possible), then the group can only get even better. Always be polite. This is not the same as being nice.

And good luck, may the force be with you. (And feel free to tell me to talk a short walk into a carbon freezing chamber for giving you obvious advice.)

"... trust me on the sunscreen."

good advice for anyone looking at forming a group. you can be professional while having fun at it. there will always be that one for drama, and always one with an opinion. know what one to cut your loss on. being open minded and versatile.  (show for a con as show pieces and encouraged for a duel example)
never make the group about you and involve the members as a whole to make the group better.
ok, off my box.
 but I let the crew have a voice, they recruit, promote, PR and have weight on decisions. I know it works not only the results I see but even the comments here say so. personally, I'm biased and will buy from US. group wise, I do mention the other companies out there. we're not the 501st, so we can be a bit light on costume quality or one of the costume makers assist. fact is, you give an example to the group...they see that example and the good ones will step up and follow suit.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #43441 on: July 17, 2017, 06:00:17 AM »

It's like the upcoming female Captain Marvel which I also don't get the need to change gender aside from ? present generation political correctness.

Captain Marvel has always been a female...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43442 on: July 17, 2017, 06:02:59 AM »

There is a Captain Marvel in DC who is male, but he also goes by Shazam, but yes, Marvel's Captain Marvel is female.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #43443 on: July 17, 2017, 06:12:25 AM »

actually, the original was male, Mar-vel he also died in the comics from a disease. but I'm old and remember these things.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #43444 on: July 17, 2017, 07:20:47 AM »

actually, the original was male, Mar-vel he also died in the comics from a disease. but I'm old and remember these things.

Ah, but the first appearance of Mar-Vell was in December of 1967, while the first appearance of Carol Danvers was March of 1968. That's only a three month difference.

Additionally, the gripe was about changing a character's gender. Since both characters have been the same gender since their introduction, the argument is moot.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #43445 on: July 17, 2017, 10:57:03 AM »

Captain Marvel was indeed male with Carol Danvers being designated Ms. Marvel and was designated as such until the 2000's when she took the Mantle of Captain Marvel.  SO in this case its less about them changing the gender than going with the current incarnation of the character.  In terms of DC'c Captain Marvel, he is no longer called that at all...it's just Shazam now.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #43446 on: July 17, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »

Interesting conversation fellas even if the topic is limited and trivial... which was what I was hoping to do... as this Forum is beyond in need of CPR right now.  Undecided

EDIT:  I've pretty much got nothing more to add to this Forum nor the energy or will to come up with something that will add quality versus quantity.  Once the Aug 1st saber challenge is over, will be taking an extended leave with occasional visits and even one last go at winning something from any future saber raffles.  Smiley

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43447 on: July 17, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »

Interesting conversation fellas even if the topic is limited and trivial... which was what I was hoping to do... as this Forum is beyond in need of CPR right now.  Undecided
Busy time for many.  Many are on vacations. Getting ready for a new school year. Or like me working am the time.  If I wasn't waiting in line right now I wouldn't be here 😜

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #43448 on: July 17, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »

enjoyed my 2 week break, start back today. 3 events down, more opportunities opened up, more members to the group and feel accomplished.

who's scruffy looking?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #43449 on: July 17, 2017, 04:07:06 PM »

Busy time for many.  Many are on vacations. Getting ready for a new school year. Or like me working am the time.  If I wasn't waiting in line right now I wouldn't be here 😜

For me many longer time members/online friends are mostly gone from this Forum for reasons including the ones you have provided.  And even though people come and go the foundation of what made this place what it was/is has been sufficiently altered.  Time and energy now best directed elsewhere and to be clear this is not a slight or criticism towards any of the present members... just the state of where I now am.  And one had to be a member for many years back to understand what I am referring to when talking about the current Forum milieu/environment... which is guaranteed to change yet again and again.  

So really it's only about where I am choosing to direct my upcoming/future interests and activities.  Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #43450 on: July 17, 2017, 04:14:14 PM »

Anyone see the new "Apes" movie yet?

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43451 on: July 17, 2017, 06:40:36 PM »

Close my friend.  Gandalf, Legolas, Gimili, Aragorn, Frodo, Boromir, Sam, Merry, Pippin.
How do you reckon that Gimili is older than Aragorn?

Looks like the 13th Doctor is officially a woman.

Jodie Whittaker.
Ironic that she was also in a series with the 10th Doctor.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #43452 on: July 17, 2017, 06:42:06 PM »

Ironic that she was also in a series with the 10th Doctor.

Isn't Gimli a Dwarf? I thought they lived for like 400 years.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43453 on: July 17, 2017, 08:37:29 PM »

Gimli was born in the year 2879 of the third age, Aragorn was born in 2931 of the Third Age.  Gimili was about 140 when the Fellowship left Rivendell while Aragorn was in his late 80's. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43454 on: July 17, 2017, 08:43:17 PM »

Gimli was born in the year 2879 of the third age, Aragorn was born in 2931 of the Third Age.  Gimili was about 140 when the Fellowship left Rivendell while Aragorn was in his late 80's. 
Was unaware Dwarves were so long-lived. Although it might explain why he thought Moria was still thriving, despite the look of 50 odd years of undisturbed dust.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 2895 2896 [2897] 2898 2899 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: