Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895552 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43530 on: July 26, 2017, 02:52:54 AM »

Check this out, from the cover of a TLJ children's book....

That's a cool picture, thanks for sharing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #43531 on: July 26, 2017, 03:23:11 AM »

I think I'll watch Rogue One in bed tonight...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #43532 on: July 26, 2017, 03:59:17 AM »

Staff fight between Chirrut Imwe and Rey, who wins? (Characters only please, we all know Donnie would beat Daisy, literally).

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43533 on: July 26, 2017, 04:09:05 AM »

Staff fight between Chirrut Imwe and Rey, who wins? (Characters only please, we all know Donnie would beat Daisy, literally).

Before or after she learns to use the Force?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #43534 on: July 26, 2017, 04:16:45 AM »

Before or after she learns to use the Force?

Crucial point,  I believe if before and she is relying solely on instinctual use of the Force..chirrut would win I think, based in experience and training.  Once she learns to use it...different story. 

(Characters only please, we all know Donnie would beat Daisy, literally).

Considering Donnie apparently put 8 men in the hospital at one point....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #43535 on: July 26, 2017, 04:16:57 AM »

Chirrut, who was blind, was able to take out an entire squad of trained military troopers who were firing at him and never took a hit himself. Looking at his technique, it's obvious that he has had some serious staff training. Additionally, the fact that he could anticipate where blows were coming from without being able to see indicates that he is much more in tune with himself and his surroundings.

Rey, by contrast, has a technique similar to a street brawler in terms of using her staff and had a bit of difficulty taking on two or three street thugs.

If you look at it based on raw ability alone and discount any Force abilities, Chirrut would drop Rey so fast that the fight would be over before she could even wind up for a swing. Final tally: Chirrut 99% of the time would win (I don't give 100% because there's always an X-factor).

Adding Force abilities into it does level the playing field somewhat, however, even if she were at the level she was at during her fight with Kylo, Chirrut's skill and situational awareness would still give him an edge. In this instance, I'd call it 60/40 in favor of Chirrut.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43536 on: July 26, 2017, 04:26:33 AM »

Chirrut, who was blind, was able to take out an entire squad of trained military troopers who were firing at him and never took a hit himself. Looking at his technique, it's obvious that he has had some serious staff training. Additionally, the fact that he could anticipate where blows were coming from without being able to see indicates that he is much more in tune with himself and his surroundings.

Rey, by contrast, has a technique similar to a street brawler in terms of using her staff and had a bit of difficulty taking on two or three street thugs.

If you look at it based on raw ability alone and discount any Force abilities, Chirrut would drop Rey so fast that the fight would be over before she could even wind up for a swing. Final tally: Chirrut 99% of the time would win (I don't give 100% because there's always an X-factor).

Adding Force abilities into it does level the playing field somewhat, however, even if she were at the level she was at during her fight with Kylo, Chirrut's skill and situational awareness would still give him an edge. In this instance, I'd call it 60/40 in favor of Chirrut.

It will be fun to revisit this after the trilogy is done and we see where Rey is skill wise at the end....  Here's one ...Maul vs Chirrut  Grin

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43537 on: July 26, 2017, 06:51:55 AM »

It will be fun to revisit this after the trilogy is done and we see where Rey is skill wise at the end....  Here's one ...Maul vs Chirrut  Grin

Yes it would, especially since we see her training with her staff in the behind the scenes video they released. Between Maul and Chirrut, I'd probably say Maul. But only because he can actually use the Force for doing whatever. Chirrut can only use it to enhance his senses really.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43538 on: July 26, 2017, 02:03:45 PM »

Check this out, from the cover of a TLJ children's book....

.....anyone else think that frog on her hip is her holster for the saber instead of using the d-ring....wait a min,  did the youngling killer even still have its d-ring...  got to go back and look now

Yes it did. This is from the trailer because Rey never exposes her arms. (Maybe its a bad tattoo that she's embarrassed to show)

But you can see the D-ring hanging open at the pommel. However, in shots from ROTS, Anakin is shown with the Covertec style belt clip. But the traditional OT version has it with a D-ring.

...and a look at the First Order Elite guard figure

I'll be honest,..............not impressed. I know this is just an action figure. However I will reserve final judgment until I've seen them in action.

Chirrut all the way.

Here's one ...Maul vs Chirrut  Grin

Now that would be a closer fight. Based on staff to staff combat alone, I'd give the fight to Chirrut. But Maul does use a light saber, so unless Chirrut's staff is cortosis or phrik, Maul has him. But Maul also has a greater control of the Force than Rey, and isn't afraid to fight dirty. Latter facts in mind, I'd have to score the win to Maul. But it would still be neat to see.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #43539 on: July 26, 2017, 03:49:28 PM »

I think I'll watch Rogue One in bed tonight...

Watched it again yesterday when doing some saber customization.  As much as I really like this movie... I'm realizing that there was not a lot of chemistry between the two lead actors... kind of flat.  This was for me a pleasant movie that addressed some SW questions... but not a dynamic one.  That being said... I saw it three times at the theatre.  Smiley

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43540 on: July 26, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »

I'll be honest,..............not impressed. I know this is just an action figure. However I will reserve final judgment until I've seen them in action.

Yea, take into account this is one of those 20 inch jumbo figures with like 4 points of articulation...

Watched it again yesterday when doing some saber customization.  As much as I really like this movie... I'm realizing that there was not a lot of chemistry between the two lead actors... kind of flat.  This was for me a pleasant movie that addressed some SW questions... but not a dynamic one.  That being said... I saw it three times at the theatre.  Smiley

Same way I felt.  RO I felt was a film we didn't need, some Rebel Spies stole the DS plans, I had no interest in learning more about said spies.  Now I did not hate the film, but was more invested in TFA...BUT I do think RO was a better shot film.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43541 on: July 26, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »

Yea, take into account this is one of those 20 inch jumbo figures with like 4 points of articulation...
True. But I can't shake the feeling that they are going to end up like Grievous and Phasma: all hyped as badass, and then we see the movie and.............bupkis. Angry

Grievous especially. It's sad to think that the character was in best form in less than 10min of low grade animation in a micro-series that isn't even canon anymore.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43542 on: July 26, 2017, 08:27:42 PM »

True. But I can't shake the feeling that they are going to end up like Grievous and Phasma: all hyped as badass, and then we see the movie and.............bupkis. Angry

Grievous especially. It's sad to think that the character was in best form in less than 10min of low grade animation in a micro-series that isn't even canon anymore.

I always felt Grevious was so gimmicky I could not take him seriously.  Phasma on the other hand I know was just a bit of build up.  They once said she was in a role much like Vader's in ANH.  Mysterious, imposing figure, limited screen time, leaves a striking visual impression, throws their weight around, ends the film with their fate unclear.  But there is a comic series coming that shows how she escaped the compactor AND a new Novel detailing her past.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43543 on: July 26, 2017, 09:01:15 PM »

I always felt Grevious was so gimmicky I could not take him seriously.  Phasma on the other hand I know was just a bit of build up.  They once said she was in a role much like Vader's in ANH.  Mysterious, imposing figure, limited screen time, leaves a striking visual impression, throws their weight around, ends the film with their fate unclear.  But there is a comic series coming that shows how she escaped the compactor AND a new Novel detailing her past.
For me, it's all become so gimmicky. At least with Vader he was talked about. He actually had a role to play. Phasma did nothing. She shut down the shields. 1) Why did she even have access to the shields? 2) Who the hell is in charge of IT security? They're fired. 3) There's seriously only 1 garbage chute on a planet-wide facility? God I hate SKB.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43544 on: July 27, 2017, 12:37:49 AM »

For me, it's all become so gimmicky. At least with Vader he was talked about. He actually had a role to play. Phasma did nothing. She shut down the shields. 1) Why did she even have access to the shields?

Go back and look at Vader through eyes that knew nothing of who or what he was in ANH, he seemed just like a powerful Lackey to Tarkin.   Phasma was quite clearly in charge of the Troopers and seemed to have a bit of a tension with Hux.  Phasma is high ranking, why wouldn't she have access to the shields....

Who the hell is in charge of IT security? They're fired. 3) There's seriously only 1 garbage chute on a planet-wide facility? God I hate SKB.

Perhaps she was in charge of security....    they never said there was one garbage chute.... if someone asks...."Hey, is there a garbage can?"  are you going to proceed to list them every garbage can in the building...or direct them to the nearest one...     But this comes back to the crux of everything.  Judging by the first part of the story....  I would have never read Dune if I had done that Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: