Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2981 2982 [2983] 2984 2985 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4900375 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44730 on: November 10, 2017, 10:17:17 PM »

Must be something wrong with me. I and my wife love horror movies, but she isn't into gore (or too much of it). Gore doesn't bother me, in fact no movie bothers me. The original Saw was a good movie because of the surprise ending, just like any movie with that kind of ending (The Usual Suspects for example). But the rest of the Saw movies (and I haven't watched the new one) just bore me. Too many movies have sequels that are just a waste.

I could see anything rather it be live in person or on a screen, in fact if I'm having a medical procedure done on me and I'm able to be awake through it I want to watch it! I want to see what is going on.

The only thing I can't handle is smells! If it's bad enough I will lose my lunch.
There is a big difference between slasher movies and horror. Take Silent Hill for instance. Yes it had some gory scenes, but its overall intent was to disturb and frighten (which it did superbly), not gross out and shock.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #44731 on: November 11, 2017, 01:33:29 AM »

Ugh, my wife loves Grey's Anatomy and binge watched all 13 seasons on Netflix.  I hated walking into the living room and seeing random grossness.  I had to forbid it from being dinner time TV.  So I guess I am real glad I don't watch Saw movies and don't ever plan to.  I get queasy just looking at her medical books, like one time I literally felt dizzy and turned green when she was showing me pics of the inside of human bodies in her books.  She loves it though.

My dad is a doctor soo growing up we got descriptions of stuff during the dinner table, sometimes he used the food as props.(especially chicken  for any bone injuries)  Mom hated it

This. I'm the same way.

Also, I used to work in a hospital's surgical learning center, handling specimens (whole or parts) all day. It only takes one visit during the Head Lab to get over your fear of dismembered body parts, and as a bonus, I have no gross out factor anymore.

the Medical museums are always fun too!

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #44732 on: November 11, 2017, 06:27:44 AM »

There is a big difference between slasher movies and horror. Take Silent Hill for instance. Yes it had some gory scenes, but its overall intent was to disturb and frighten (which it did superbly), not gross out and shock.
I was referring to all "scary"/"disturbing" movies. One if the best slasher movies Friday The 13th I saw in the theater when it came out (I was 9) and we had cable growing so have seen many many of all kinds of horror, slasher, undead, ghost, serial killer, and on and on. Really only two movies I have seen and I was going for both of them that disturbed me. The Shinning, the old lady in the bath tube had me pulling back the shower curtain for a little while every time I had to pee. And The Exorcist (I was only 2 when that came out, don't remember how old I was when I saw it but young). It was just an over all creepy movie.

Maybe since I started watching them so young they don't have an effect on me other then just enjoying them. I just can't comprehend getting scared of a movie, it's a movie. Like I said there just must be something wrong with me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #44733 on: November 11, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »

I love horror movie music, when done well it contributes as much to the aesthetic of the movie as the visuals.

I might buy myself another trumpet this weekend. . . even though I prolly shouldn't. But its so pretty, and it was made by a company that I don't already have an instrument from. . . .

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #44734 on: November 11, 2017, 03:03:28 PM »

I dont do horror, slasher, serial killer, etc flicks.  I was a cop for 8 years and now a soldier and have seen so much freaky/weird/deviant behavior that watching it on screen from someones imagination just doesn't do it for me.  I am not bothered by gore, blood, spilled guts, or even brain matter on my clothes, or the smell of decaying flesh.  I would just rather enjoy watching a movie/show that is fantasy/sci fi/anime based and not bother with the gore. I know that fantasy/sci fi/anime all have elements of horror/gore stuff, but i prefer to watch the lighter side of those genre's, I'll even watch an occasional rerun of kill bill and laugh because of the hilarity of the splurting blood everywhere.   Roll Eyes

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44735 on: November 14, 2017, 01:34:16 PM »

So I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past 24 hrs, and have concluded that I am currently suffering from a severe bout of depression, with a possibility of being bipolar (yay), stacked on top of the predetermination that I already suffer from seasonal affective disorder. Over the past few weeks I've noticed that I've been easily angered and/or upset, with a minor inclination to act impulsively. This has probably been building for some time, only to come to a head now. So to anyone that I have upset, offended, or outright pissed off, I offer my sincerest apologies.

I'm open to any suggestions or recommendations that don't involve a medical profession (weed is also out as it doesn't agree with me).

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44736 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:29 PM »

Get full spectrum lightbulbs and slam vitamins. I have found when late fall comes around that I slip into depression. I found upping my Vitamin D and using a full spectrum bulb helped a bit. Biggest thing to help me was getting a job outside. It may seem crazy but it does help

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #44737 on: November 14, 2017, 02:01:48 PM »

I never take anything you say too seriously 😆

But LAK is right.  Spending some time outdoors and getting some sunlight is a great thing if you're deprived of it.  I don't know what your routine is so maybe that point is moot.  A project or something to work towards is helpful too if you're needing something to occupy your mind.  Once again, idk what you do so both might be irrelevant.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44738 on: November 14, 2017, 02:51:35 PM »

Get full spectrum lightbulbs and slam vitamins. I have found when late fall comes around that I slip into depression. I found upping my Vitamin D and using a full spectrum bulb helped a bit. Biggest thing to help me was getting a job outside. It may seem crazy but it does help
Thought about the Vit D. Vitamins in general are taken daily. The odd thing is that I can't recall feeling a depression this bad before with actually knowing the cause. I had a lot of good sleep last week, and still didn't feel rested. Last night I got home and wanted to go to bed even though I wasn't tired. Times I wish my ADHD was more distracting. Undecided

I never take anything you say too seriously 😆

But LAK is right.  Spending some time outdoors and getting some sunlight is a great thing if you're deprived of it.  I don't know what your routine is so maybe that point is moot.  A project or something to work towards is helpful too if you're needing something to occupy your mind.  Once again, idk what you do so both might be irrelevant.
Tongue

I would love to spend time in the sun, but it hasn't been out much lately. And when it has I've been cooped up at work. Lack of sun, I already know from experience, is a major contributor to my S.A.D. (how appropriate) and that for the most part is the reason for all my aforementioned bitching about the weather.

I'm an engineer, but currently unfulfilled in my work, which I have already attributed as part of the depression. And routine might be the another factor. I actually had a reoccurring dream last night, that I'm fairly certain is easy to interpret. I don't remember the finer details except that it kept playing out the exact same way with one exception: every time the dream repeated the metal that was being worked with decreased in value. Like gold to silver to bronze and so forth. Interpretation: I no longer get the same enjoyment out of the same things. However, it could just be that my lack of enjoyment is a result, and not a cause, of my depression.

But I have figured out that human interaction does help alleviate it. So what it's worth, thanks y'all for being here and giving me someone to talk to. Points all around.

Sig by For Tyeth

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #44739 on: November 14, 2017, 03:05:41 PM »

so an engineer and have access to machinery....you haven't plotted to be creative in some way with that?what kind of material you get to play with?  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44740 on: November 14, 2017, 03:08:55 PM »

Ful spectrum lightbulb in a reading lamp at your desk. Leave it on all day. I recommend Featherbrite as the reptile ones are only part spectrum.  Tongue

I too am going into hibernation mode. Since the end of Oct. I have started sleeping at least an extra 2 hours a night. The bodies way of getting through the winter I guess.

Someone will always be here to fill your social interaction needs. -1 cookie for you Logos

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44741 on: November 14, 2017, 03:50:54 PM »

so an engineer and have access to machinery....you haven't plotted to be creative in some way with that?what kind of material you get to play with?  Grin
Engineer, not craftsman. And I deal in aluminum no less.

Ful spectrum lightbulb in a reading lamp at your desk. Leave it on all day. I recommend Featherbrite as the reptile ones are only part spectrum.  Tongue

I too am going into hibernation mode. Since the end of Oct. I have started sleeping at least an extra 2 hours a night. The bodies way of getting through the winter I guess.

Someone will always be here to fill your social interaction needs. -1 cookie for you Logos
The problem with that is finding a place to put the lamp. As for the sleep...same thing. Doesn't seem to matter how much I get, there is just no want to get out of bed.

Sig by For Tyeth

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #44742 on: November 14, 2017, 03:53:17 PM »

I always feel much more energetic and with a general positive outlook when the sun is shining and the weather is warmer.  It's been very dull and raining in Victoria but that is not unusual this time of the year.  Those lamps did not work for me but chugging bottles of Vit C does plus an extra Vit D tablet.

I have been working on a custom Sith saber which has helped distract me... but also legitimately lets me tap into the dark side lol.  Also I try to avoid reading, listening and watching low energy/vibrational stuff.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44743 on: November 14, 2017, 03:58:13 PM »

I always feel much more energetic and with a general positive outlook when the sun is shining and the weather is warmer.  It's been very dull and raining in Victoria but that is not unusual this time of the year.  Those lamps did not work for me but chugging bottles of Vit C does plus an extra Vit D tablet.

I have been working on a custom Sith saber which has helped distract me... but also legitimately lets me tap into the dark side lol.  Also I try to avoid reading, listening and watching low energy/vibrational stuff.

Oddly enough, I'm the opposite. I tend to be more alert, awake, and alive when it's overcast and cool.

So naturally life kriffed me over by bringing me to sunny Florida...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44744 on: November 14, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »

I always feel much more energetic and with a general positive outlook when the sun is shining and the weather is warmer.  It's been very dull and raining in Victoria but that is not unusual this time of the year.  Those lamps did not work for me but chugging bottles of Vit C does plus an extra Vit D tablet.
Well they do add Vit D to whole milk, and an ice cold glass of that with some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies never fails to perk my mood.

Speaking of....LAK, I will be getting back to that DS cookie challenge within the next couple of weeks.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 2981 2982 [2983] 2984 2985 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: