Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3078 3079 [3080] 3081 3082 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880483 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #46185 on: April 17, 2018, 07:36:10 PM »

The Grand Inquisitor is a Pau'an whose species we first saw in Episode 3 and they actually do have the red facial marks, just not as pronounced as in the cartoons, so the Son is the ripoff to be honest.  Roll Eyes

the twist to that is clone wars took place between 2 and 3 and ended just before 3 was released....so wouldn't that be the other way around?

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #46186 on: April 17, 2018, 08:13:28 PM »

the twist to that is clone wars took place between 2 and 3 and ended just before 3 was released....so wouldn't that be the other way around?

Chronology-wise, yes, design-wise, not so much. lol  Wink

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #46187 on: April 17, 2018, 08:35:18 PM »

The Grand Inquisitor is a Pau'an whose species we first saw in Episode 3 and they actually do have the red facial marks, just not as pronounced as in the cartoons, so the Son is the ripoff to be honest.  Roll Eyes
Regardless of species, Son looks like a generic human DS wielder (which he was). The grey skin has been characterized as an outward show of the ravages of the dark side.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #46188 on: April 17, 2018, 09:11:22 PM »

Yes - the DarkSide corrupts fully. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #46189 on: April 18, 2018, 11:40:48 AM »

Something to keep in mind.

The Son was created, look as well, by George Lucas himself.  Same as the Pau'an species.  So, it was Lucas who seems to have a love of red facial markings.   

"Filoni and lead character designer Kilian Plunkett created a character with an unintentional resemblance to the Son, the Pau'an villain known as the Grand Inquisitor. Filoni believed that the close resemblance made sense, as the Son's arc in The Clone Wars was metaphorically intended to represent both the past and the future within the Star Wars lore."  From Wookipedia

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #46190 on: April 18, 2018, 01:10:36 PM »

Yes - the DarkSide corrupts fully. Wink
Speak for yourself. I'm an angel.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #46191 on: April 18, 2018, 01:12:58 PM »

/snort

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #46192 on: April 18, 2018, 01:16:07 PM »

Just because you're wearing a halo doesn't mean we can't see those horns holding it up.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #46193 on: April 18, 2018, 01:31:52 PM »

Just because you're wearing a halo doesn't mean we can't see those horns holding it up.
That's why halos glow.

Sig by For Tyeth

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #46194 on: April 18, 2018, 01:40:37 PM »

That's why halos glow.

I just thought they were about to catch fire.  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #46195 on: April 19, 2018, 02:56:42 AM »

So it looks like I'll be driving an Audi for a while. I'm working on swapping an 05 Forester that doesn't run for a 97 A4 2.8 Quattro wagon 5-spd that does run. My buddy wants to see if he can save it, if not use it as a parts donor for a Subaru he has.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #46196 on: April 19, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »

Just finished one of the new canon books Heir to the Jedi and it was genuinely awful, certainly the least of all Star Wars novels I've ever touched. I would have thought that a first-person point of view story with Luke would have been somewhat interesting to say the least... not one bit. It's like the author didn't know the universe or the characters at all.

On a quirky side note, since it takes place between Episodes 4 and 5 it did include some of Luke's Jedi journey and indirectly if any comparisons are drawn there is no doubt that Rey from the new trilogy is the most powerful being in all of Star Wars past and present... oh well  Undecided

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #46197 on: April 19, 2018, 06:41:17 PM »

Just finished one of the new canon books Heir to the Jedi and it was genuinely awful, certainly the least of all Star Wars novels I've ever touched. I would have thought that a first-person point of view story with Luke would have been somewhat interesting to say the least... not one bit. It's like the author didn't know the universe or the characters at all.

On a quirky side note, since it takes place between Episodes 4 and 5 it did include some of Luke's Jedi journey and indirectly if any comparisons are drawn there is no doubt that Rey from the new trilogy is the most powerful being in all of Star Wars past and present... oh well  Undecided
This came as a surprise? Just look what they did with Han in TFA. Badass smuggler turns into a whiny bitch and runs away because his kid turned murderous emo. In the original canon, he and the rest of the family actively fight him and his New Order.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #46198 on: April 19, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »

This came as a surprise? Just look what they did with Han in TFA. Badass smuggler turns into a whiny bitch and runs away because his kid turned murderous emo. In the original canon, he and the rest of the family actively fight him and his New Order.

Actually I liked that. If you look at the OT it was all but outright said that him staying was out of character. This was basically the first time he didn't run, and had spent most of his time before that running(albeit out of a desire for self preservation), usually from Jabba and his bounty hunters, imperials, and some others he wronged in the past.

He technically ran in A New Hope, then changed his mind and came back. He was trying to run again at the beginning of Empire, because he happened to run into a bounty hunter. I still strongly suspect he was never going back to the Rebellion at any point in that movie, despite the fact that he had Leia. I think he was running, never planned on Leia being with them, but was just going to bring her along cause they were falling for each other. He was foiled by both Vader and Fett, or he'd have been gone.

At the beginning of Jedi, he was in ZERO condition to make a run for it, and needed medical attention anyway. Now he's back at the Rebellion, more out of necessity than actual desire, and I strongly suspect that his "volunteering" to lead the Endor strike team was at least a bit coerced. Possibly by Leia, her surprised look being more "oh wow that actually worked and I convinced you" than genuine surprise at the idea of him volunteering. Even if he was doing it without being coerced, that look says a lot. It basically means "this is NOT the Han I know," which is the surprise on Lando's part.

I suspect he stuck around primarily to be with the woman he loved after that, then later their son. After Ben went Kylo, driving a wedge between he and his family, he no longer had either of those. Luke was off moping the Force only knew where, meaning the only other thing that maybe had potential to keep him around, his best remaining friend besides Chewy, was gone. Han had little reason to stay, and returned to what he does best, running.

Though I do agree, I he probably could have been slightly less emo about it, it was also somewhat justified, considering what he went through.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #46199 on: April 19, 2018, 07:40:02 PM »

Not so much of a surprise, but with the whole "Is Rey a Mary Sue?" debate that raged back when 7 hit theatres (and certainly continues on to this day) it was unusual for me at least to find hard evidence beyond endless fan opinions that Rey "breaks the mythos" as it were. And even still, that the proof would come from a Canon source released around the same time as Episode 7. Somewhat satisfying though, I'm no lover of the new trilogy...

Pages: 1 ... 3078 3079 [3080] 3081 3082 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: