Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3106 3107 [3108] 3109 3110 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880489 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #46605 on: May 23, 2018, 09:13:06 PM »

Way down in Southern Fl

Dude... the only thing left now is for you to get a job in the upper midwest and the gang will all be within spitting distance of each other. Can you imagine the hellraising done by me, Logos, LAK, bigbear, and you? Holy crap on a cracker...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #46606 on: May 23, 2018, 11:16:47 PM »

Damn! Do they let you do anything? Who can't have a cat? That is just cruel and unusual treatment. Sorry to hear about that.

Basically, no. It's annoying. Can't change genders, can't do hard drugs, can't have my own cat. We still have my sister's old cat, but it's not the same, and she's taking them once she gets a house in a couple months...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #46607 on: May 23, 2018, 11:34:03 PM »

Finally someone else who reads redwall, also you all read Pratchett right? If you don't then I may have to make snide comments about you.
Further I am not a nerd I am a geek. This of course references my personal dictionary where the terms are not interchangeable, nerd is someone who measures their worth based on academic achievements where as a geek enjoys the finer things in life such as Asimov and Star Wars etc. Feel free to debate and or disagree.

Never heard of Pratchett, but I love the Redwall series. My favorite is probably Tagarung, though Rackity Tam and the three about Martin hold a special place in my heart. Never mind, I like them all. Redwall is probably my least favorite of the whole series, though Mattimeo is definitely up there with my favorites.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #46608 on: May 23, 2018, 11:42:01 PM »

Basically, no. It's annoying. Can't change genders, can't do hard drugs, can't have my own cat. We still have my sister's old cat, but it's not the same, and she's taking them once she gets a house in a couple months...

So here's my take away from this: You CAN in fact do soft drugs, just not the hard ones? I guess they aren't that bad. Wink
But seriously, what would qualify as hard drugs vs. what I will call... soft drugs? And I'm no hypocrite, nor do I judge unless someone is harming others. I'm an open book, so If you want to know, I will tell you exactly what I have or have not done, or currently do or do not do when it comes to drugs. Just curious, as everyone has different opinions on what drugs are "hard" and which aren't. Hell, at this point that might depend on what state you live in.

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #46609 on: May 24, 2018, 12:54:19 AM »

Terry Pratchett wrote the discworld series, the most insightful and hilarious books ever written, well in my less than humble opinion. They are hard to find because they have been going for a long time, 42 of them, most people who get them won't give them up and he died last year.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #46610 on: May 24, 2018, 02:04:23 AM »

Jedi Council is the name correct?

yep, Jedi Council of Florida be your state chapter.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #46611 on: May 24, 2018, 03:50:41 AM »

So here's my take away from this: You CAN in fact do soft drugs, just not the hard ones? I guess they aren't that bad. Wink
But seriously, what would qualify as hard drugs vs. what I will call... soft drugs? And I'm no hypocrite, nor do I judge unless someone is harming others. I'm an open book, so If you want to know, I will tell you exactly what I have or have not done, or currently do or do not do when it comes to drugs. Just curious, as everyone has different opinions on what drugs are "hard" and which aren't. Hell, at this point that might depend on what state you live in.

As someone who doesn't do any drugs(except caffeine Cheesy) I have no idea the distinction.

(Sig by me!)

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #46612 on: May 24, 2018, 04:46:36 AM »

As someone who doesn't do any drugs(except caffeine Cheesy) I have no idea the distinction.

Right. Me too. Roll Eyes Just wanted to make sure you aren't throwing your life away. I live in California where Marijuana is now legal to everyone over 21 as of the first day of 2018. It's been medicinally legal here for more than twenty years. I wouldn't know anything about it or how easy it was to get a medical certification Wink. It's just that I've had 8 doctors tell me in the last 15 years that it is what I should use for chronic pain relief instead of opioids, which will at the very least destroy your liver and kidneys. Doctors... what do they know? Cheesy Good times. Grin

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #46613 on: May 24, 2018, 05:52:00 AM »

Right. Me too. Roll Eyes Just wanted to make sure you aren't throwing your life away. I live in California where Marijuana is now legal to everyone over 21 as of the first day of 2018. It's been medicinally legal here for more than twenty years. I wouldn't know anything about it or how easy it was to get a medical certification Wink. It's just that I've had 8 doctors tell me in the last 15 years that it is what I should use for chronic pain relief instead of opioids, which will at the very least destroy your liver and kidneys. Doctors... what do they know? Cheesy Good times. Grin

It's legal here by prescription. Weed is not actually bad for you, though smoking is an "iffy" way to administer it.

(Sig by me!)

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #46614 on: May 24, 2018, 06:42:02 AM »

It's legal here by prescription. Weed is not actually bad for you, though smoking is an "iffy" way to administer it.

I've heard from doctors that edibles and cannabis vape oils are much healthier than smoking and 100% better than any opioid someone with chronic pain would be prescribed since they were in their mid teens, sometimes starting as young as 17 Years old. Opioids that can range from Vicodin and Percocet to oxycodone and eventually Morphine pills. Huh But again, these are just random things I hear about. Roll Eyes I just dig coffee, and asking Doctors about subjects that have NOTHING to do with me personally. Roll Eyes

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #46615 on: May 25, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »

I am going to VARF tomorrow, but its "too hot to wear [expletive redacted] chain mail over a [redacted, again] arming jacket you [Woah, seriously? Redacted]" so I will be wearing my kilt instead.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #46616 on: May 25, 2018, 10:23:00 PM »

i am not allowed to fill a pinata anymore... i get excited and buy too much random stuff

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #46617 on: May 25, 2018, 11:08:42 PM »

i am not allowed to fill a pinata anymore... i get excited and buy too much random stuff
Smiley

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #46618 on: May 26, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »

I've had to pay FAR too much attention to the medical marijuana debates and other things, as I've been known to make visits to my state capital in regards to several issues (primarily 2nd Amendment related) -
See, states can, thanks to the 10th Amendment, make things like Marijuana legal by prescription, or for recreational use, within their borders.  However, under federal law, it's still illegal and a felony.  When you buy a firearm there's a Form 4473 that you have to fill out, it's a criminal background check that's performed by the FBI with EVERY purchase.  Sometimes this is 20 minutes, sometimes up to 5 days.  There are boxes you fill out and when it's run through the system it accesses state databases, federal databases, and all sorts of fun stuff.  If you have a marijuana prescription card in the system, good bye firearms purchases.  You are now red flagged and (this happened to a friend of mine in Colorado) you can expect a visit from a county sheriff and an ATF agent to search and seize any and all firearms you own under Federal Law.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #46619 on: May 26, 2018, 10:37:34 PM »

I've had to pay FAR too much attention to the medical marijuana debates and other things, as I've been known to make visits to my state capital in regards to several issues (primarily 2nd Amendment related) -
See, states can, thanks to the 10th Amendment, make things like Marijuana legal by prescription, or for recreational use, within their borders.  However, under federal law, it's still illegal and a felony.  When you buy a firearm there's a Form 4473 that you have to fill out, it's a criminal background check that's performed by the FBI with EVERY purchase.  Sometimes this is 20 minutes, sometimes up to 5 days.  There are boxes you fill out and when it's run through the system it accesses state databases, federal databases, and all sorts of fun stuff.  If you have a marijuana prescription card in the system, good bye firearms purchases.  You are now red flagged and (this happened to a friend of mine in Colorado) you can expect a visit from a county sheriff and an ATF agent to search and seize any and all firearms you own under Federal Law.

yeah which is why private sales of one is legal but the other is still not.  lol

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Pages: 1 ... 3106 3107 [3108] 3109 3110 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: