Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3149 3150 [3151] 3152 3153 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895995 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #47250 on: July 17, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »

I am a musician and there is a ton of instrument manufacturing history in Elkhart. . . So really I just wanna trawl through the pawn shops and thrift stores for instruments.

Ah, gotcha!  You'd be disappointed, I think.   The big shops like Conn and King are long gone, even the historic Conn buildings are torn down.  Its really sad.  Gemeinhardt is still there, as well as several other small manufacturers, but most of the manufacturing in Elkhart these days has to do with RVs, manufactured housing, and customized vehicles of various types.  Almost all of the instrument makers are gone.  :-/ 

Its an odd place to live in some ways.  When the economy is good, you can't find a worker not working, everyone is going nuts trying to keep people.   But when it down-turns unemployment jumps to 40%...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #47251 on: July 17, 2018, 05:25:04 PM »

That wonderful feeling when you're pulling cloths out of the dryer and $5 falls out onto the ground.

"I've got a golden ticket..."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47252 on: July 17, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »

That wonderful feeling when you're pulling cloths out of the dryer and $5 falls out onto the ground.

"I've got a golden ticket..."

That’s always a plus!

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #47253 on: July 18, 2018, 04:27:15 AM »

Ah, gotcha!  You'd be disappointed, I think.   The big shops like Conn and King are long gone, even the historic Conn buildings are torn down.  Its really sad.  Gemeinhardt is still there, as well as several other small manufacturers, but most of the manufacturing in Elkhart these days has to do with RVs, manufactured housing, and customized vehicles of various types.  Almost all of the instrument makers are gone.  :-/ 

Its an odd place to live in some ways.  When the economy is good, you can't find a worker not working, everyone is going nuts trying to keep people.   But when it down-turns unemployment jumps to 40%...

The one I'd really want to go back in time to see is the Buescher plant, I've always had a soft spot for fantastic products of defunct companies and Buescher is the epitome of it for me. I have loved every Buescher I've played and it makes me feel a little sad that they've been orphaned, in a sense.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #47254 on: July 18, 2018, 05:09:51 AM »

A 16-inch pizza is approximately 31 percent larger, in terms of area, than a 14-inch. So yeah, when they went to 14 inch large pizzas instead of 16 inch, they saved quite a chunk of material cost. This pretty much forces families to order two large pizzas these days. It's such a scam.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #47255 on: July 18, 2018, 06:15:49 AM »

Some places still sell 16" pizzas. Sam's Club is one (except they just closed down their store near me  Cry Cry ), I think Costco is another. We don't generally buy pizza from pizza places, so I honestly have no idea what they do. Or you know, you could make your own pizzas. I had a pizza and pie party for my graduation party, and had everyone bring a pizza (or pie or both), and there were some amazing pizza flavors there. Just sayin'.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #47256 on: July 18, 2018, 07:24:54 AM »

I think you can still get a 16' in the ones that are not chain restaurants but if course they call them extra large abs charge as such.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47257 on: July 18, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »

The one I'd really want to go back in time to see is the Buescher plant, I've always had a soft spot for fantastic products of defunct companies and Buescher is the epitome of it for me. I have loved every Buescher I've played and it makes me feel a little sad that they've been orphaned, in a sense.

I KNOW THAT STREET.

Elkhart, IN?   We get pizza there from Columbo's.  Best pizza in Elkhart!
Where do you live? And please don't tell me you come in to see a ND game.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #47258 on: July 18, 2018, 06:04:10 AM »

Some places still sell 16" pizzas. Sam's Club is one (except they just closed down their store near me  Cry Cry ), I think Costco is another. We don't generally buy pizza from pizza places, so I honestly have no idea what they do. Or you know, you could make your own pizzas. I had a pizza and pie party for my graduation party, and had everyone bring a pizza (or pie or both), and there were some amazing pizza flavors there. Just sayin'.

You're assuming just because someone eats pizza from a restaurant they do not ever make their own to.  Situation, time and location etc go into that decision.  I rarely have time to make my own pizza anymore unless I plan it out ahead of time, but if its a Saturday night and all of a sudden I feel like Pizza I'm not going to drive 40 min to the grocery store to pick up all the ingredients.  Time there and back plus prep and baking time I could just order a pizza and have it in half the time.  Same for being out and deciding to go for pizza.  That being said I can make an awesome Pizza, back home we had a 100 year old wood burning oven that we would use for pizza. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #47259 on: July 18, 2018, 06:13:17 AM »

No one delivers pizza, or any other food, where I live, out in the sticks. My kids make pizza when they want it. I don't eat normal pizza anymore; it's not Keto.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47260 on: July 18, 2018, 02:18:23 PM »

Oddly enough, one of the best pizzas I've ever had came from the food counter at the Evansville Sam's Club. And it was dirt cheap. I could get a large supreme for less than $10 including tax.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #47261 on: July 18, 2018, 07:48:10 AM »

A 16-inch pizza is approximately 31 percent larger, in terms of area, than a 14-inch. So yeah, when they went to 14 inch large pizzas instead of 16 inch, they saved quite a chunk of material cost. This pretty much forces families to order two large pizzas these days. It's such a scam.
Columbo's large is 20"....

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47262 on: July 18, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »

No one delivers pizza, or any other food, where I live, out in the sticks. My kids make pizza when they want it. I don't eat normal pizza anymore; it's not Keto.

When I do eat it (once a year or longer), I make my own as well for fitness reasons so I understand, Ultra.

They're actually good from what I can remember, Costco was too but I was in middle school that last time that I've eaten at both places.  Good to know that they're still good. 

PizzaHut is the go to for my wife and our son, my mother and sister in law both like CiCi's Pizza and Little Ceasars which I've never really liked.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #47263 on: July 18, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »

Hi all,

Maybe Ultrasabers could branch out into fast food and get a "slice" of the action....

"Ultrasabers' Pizza....Have it your way......fast!"

"Ultrasabers' Pizzas....the best in the galaxy"

"Want Pizza? Don't buy from the Hutts....try Ultrasabers Pizzas"

Do a square pizza, "Ultrasabers have lightsabers but we don't cut corners on our Pizzas!"

I think there's an opportunity out there....(but don't forget to to send me my "cut" for the idea! Grin)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #47264 on: July 18, 2018, 09:06:54 AM »

Where do you live? And please don't tell me you come in to see a ND game.

Um, I actually live in Huntsville, AL.   But I grew up in Muskegon, MI and my wife is from Elkhart, IN.  She grew up very close to Monger Elementary School, about 3 blocks from Columbo's on Main Street. 

We get back to Elkhart once or twice a year to visit family, as most of her family are still in the area and her parents still live in Elkhart.  In fact we'll be up there in a couple of weeks. 

And no, I don't go to ND games.  Unless Michigan is playing, and I'm always pulling for the Maize and Blue!  WOLVERINES!!!!!!  :-)

Pages: 1 ... 3149 3150 [3151] 3152 3153 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: