Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3166 3167 [3168] 3169 3170 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4879951 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #47505 on: August 10, 2018, 04:50:42 AM »

I prefer the Beetles. I'll take the bugs over the most overrated band in history any day.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47506 on: August 10, 2018, 05:29:38 AM »

I prefer the Beetles. I'll take the bugs over the most overrated band in history any day.

Shocked Now you've crossed a line. You obsess about Gone with the Wind and then call The Beatles the most overrated band in history?
Unacceptable. Unfathomable. Mind boggling. Who hurt you? Do you have a soul? Please check to see if you even have a pulse.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #47507 on: August 10, 2018, 06:28:31 AM »

Shocked Now you've crossed a line. You obsess about Gone with the Wind and then call The Beatles the most overrated band in history?
Unacceptable. Unfathomable. Mind boggling. Who hurt you? Do you have a soul? Please check to see if you even have a pulse.

I thought we established long ago that I was a vampire?  Wink

(Sig by me!)

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47508 on: August 10, 2018, 06:47:33 AM »

I don't know what you do in your spare time, but I've known people that literally drink other peoples blood with permission,
(something i do not condone) and even they like The Beatles. As much as I have a problem with people literally drinking human blood, I could deal with them more than someone that thinks The Beatles are the most overrated band in history. Not being a fan or just not liking them is one thing but saying they are the most overrated band in history is just beyond my comprehension. Your on your own Brooke. I'm almost afraid to ask, but what the hell, what are some bands you consider to be truly great?  

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #47509 on: August 10, 2018, 07:14:31 AM »

I don't know what you do in your spare time, but I've known people that literally drink other peoples blood with permission,
(something i do not condone) and even they like The Beatles. As much as I have a problem with people literally drinking human blood, I could deal with them more than someone that thinks The Beatles are the most overrated band in history. Not being a fan or just not liking them is one thing but saying they are the most overrated band in history is just beyond my comprehension. Your on your own Brooke. I'm almost afraid to ask, but what the hell, what are some bands you consider to be truly great?   

Let's see....

Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Iron Maiden, Ramones, The Clash, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pantera, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Dropkick Murphys....

(Sig by me!)

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47510 on: August 10, 2018, 07:32:21 AM »

Let's see....

Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Iron Maiden, Ramones, The Clash, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pantera, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Dropkick Murphys....

Well, I'm not familiar with the Dropkick Murphys, but the rest are some of the greatest bands of all time in my opinion. Are you sure you've actually heard The Beatles? I'm so confused. Undecided Eleanor Rigby? Happiness is a warm gun? Norwegian wood? Across the Universe? Strawberry fields forever?
While my guitar gently weeps? Come together? Etc. Etc.?

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #47511 on: August 10, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »

I think it might be an age gap. All bands listed are great, but only a select few have truly changed the music genre at the time of their creation. The Beatles are one of the greats because of what they did to music at the time, and regardless of how much you like or dislike the band the fact can't be argued that they tuned the world on it's ear. Nirvana is definitely another band that helped change what music was in the early 90's. I'd vote The Clash as well, but that is up for debate.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #47512 on: August 10, 2018, 12:26:14 PM »

I think it might be an age gap. All bands listed are great, but only a select few have truly changed the music genre at the time of their creation. The Beatles are one of the greats because of what they did to music at the time, and regardless of how much you like or dislike the band the fact can't be argued that they tuned the world on it's ear. Nirvana is definitely another band that helped change what music was in the early 90's. I'd vote The Clash as well, but that is up for debate.

Agreed.  The word "Overrated" I feel has been twisted to just mean "Everyone else likes it but I don't".  I'm not a huge fan of the Beatles but I know every accolade they receive was earned.  For Example...Star Wars (ANH)...it is always near the bottom of my ranking of Star Wars films (care to guess which is at the very bottom) only because I find it to be the least entertaining of the Star Wars films.  But I will not list it as overrated.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47513 on: August 10, 2018, 02:42:53 PM »

I prefer the Beatles. I'll take the bugs over the most overrated band in history any day.
You forgot the 'a'.

Agreed.  The word "Overrated" I feel has been twisted to just mean "Everyone else likes it but I don't".  I'm not a huge fan of the Beatles but I know every accolade they receive was earned.  For Example...Star Wars (ANH)...it is always near the bottom of my ranking of Star Wars films (care to guess which is at the very bottom) only because I find it to be the least entertaining of the Star Wars films.  But I will not list it as overrated.
That's almost what 'overrated' means. Just change "liked" to 'praised'. It's like everyone said that Black Panther was so great. Like it changed the world of movies. Unless there was something behind the scenes that I'm missing, it was merely another entertaining MCU installment. It wasn't bad, but I utterly fail to see it as "great".

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #47514 on: August 10, 2018, 03:39:58 PM »

It's like everyone said that Black Panther was so great. Like it changed the world of movies. Unless there was something behind the scenes that I'm missing, it was merely another entertaining MCU installment. It wasn't bad, but I utterly fail to see it as "great".

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47515 on: August 10, 2018, 03:56:06 PM »

I thought we established long ago that I was a vampire?  Wink

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47516 on: August 10, 2018, 06:54:29 PM »

I'm Darth Silenoz and I approve this message.

YES!!!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #47517 on: August 10, 2018, 09:07:04 PM »

Let's see....

what? no Ozzy!?

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #47518 on: August 10, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »

These days I have been listening to a lot of Dio, Black Sabbath, Coven, and Motorhead.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #47519 on: August 11, 2018, 12:48:30 AM »

It's like everyone said that Black Panther was so great. Like it changed the world of movies. Unless there was something behind the scenes that I'm missing, it was merely another entertaining MCU installment. It wasn't bad, but I utterly fail to see it as "great".

QFT.

BP was a good solid Marvel movie, but I don't get why everyone is raving about Killmonger being the only good villain Marvel has ever produced(That has faded since Thanos just for clarity sake), but I don't really see the difference between him and Zemo. Everyone hates Zemo, but Killmonger did essentially the same thing, only he failed.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 3166 3167 [3168] 3169 3170 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: