Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3374 3375 [3376] 3377 3378 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880062 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50625 on: July 11, 2019, 01:16:23 AM »

As far as I know the Red Fury troopers were just in regular FO armor.  This is the first I am seeing of the Sith Troopers (popped in my feed about SDCC).  Since going to a convention is something I will never do and I am not hanging on to every scrap of news about Ep. 9 as I did with 7 and 8...these are new to me.  Mostly because it confuses me.  The filmmakers went to great lengths to specify that Snoke and Kylo are not Sith.   Now we get the reveal there is a trooper in FO armor called Sith Troopers...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #50626 on: July 11, 2019, 01:31:29 AM »

As far as I know the Red Fury troopers were just in regular FO armor.  This is the first I am seeing of the Sith Troopers (popped in my feed about SDCC). Mostly because it confuses me.  The filmmakers went to great lengths to specify that Snoke and Kylo are not Sith.   Now we get the reveal there is a trooper in FO armor called Sith Troopers...

I have long since given up trying to guess what the "writers" want us to believe or not. However some of the figures have quite a few accessories and weapons so these don't seem to be regular troopers that's for sure. Should be fun seeing them in action.

And if these Troopers are Sith then maybe they have sabers...just maybe.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50627 on: July 11, 2019, 01:40:38 AM »

I have long since given up trying to guess what the "writers" want us to believe or not. However some of the figures have quite a few accessories and weapons so these don't seem to be regular troopers that's for sure. Should be fun seeing them in action.

And if these Troopers are Sith then maybe they have sabers...just maybe.

I'm assuming they aren't sith themselves but serve the sith...but what Sith is the question

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #50628 on: July 11, 2019, 12:32:29 PM »

Well, they aren't standard FO troops with alternate coloring.  The helmet eyes/facial grille are not proportioned the same way.

They look somewhat like the Death Troopers from Rogue One, but also somewhat like the Clone Troopers from Eps. II and III.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50629 on: July 11, 2019, 12:49:19 PM »

Well, they aren't standard FO troops with alternate coloring.  The helmet eyes/facial grille are not proportioned the same way.

They look somewhat like the Death Troopers from Rogue One, but also somewhat like the Clone Troopers from Eps. II and III.

A lucasfilm employee said they pretty much put elements from almost every trooper into it...I got to wonder if they are part of the FO at all 

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #50630 on: July 11, 2019, 12:51:48 PM »

With Gradpap Palps likely returning i have a good inkling on who the Sith Troopers serve. Im hyped, the implications of Sith Troopers running about for the first time since Ruusan has me pumped a little bit.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50631 on: July 11, 2019, 01:05:21 PM »

Eh your experience and mine differed then... I see no difference in being a teen at school and an adult at work.  Drag myself out of bed, go to a place I hate, do things I don't want to do and then go home to get ready for it all over again....

I was more partial to college. There I was learning useful stuff, and was joined, for the most part, by people who wanted to be there.

Sith?......Trooper?.........

I give up. What regime? It's a neat armor design, but I can't shake this vibe of FO pretentiousness.

But then, the insignia before the name isn't that lame hexagon. Unless.....the FO is either a) taken over by "new management" Wink or b) a new enemy surfaces and makes trouble for everybody, including the FO. (Force let's hope so. It'll be nice having some proper villains again.)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50632 on: July 11, 2019, 01:16:50 PM »

I was more partial to college. There I was learning useful stuff, and was joined, for the most part, by people who wanted to be there.

Makes sense, never went to college so I can't formulate an opinion on its experiences.

I give up. What regime? It's a neat armor design, but I can't shake this vibe of FO pretentiousness.

But then, the insignia before the name isn't that lame hexagon. Unless.....the FO is either a) taken over by "new management" Wink or b) a new enemy surfaces and makes trouble for everybody, including the FO. (Force let's hope so. It'll be nice having some proper villains again.)

I'm wondering if the FO copied from this Armor...like perhaps these Sith Troopers have been around a while in the background and Snoke and his minions "borrowed" the design.  

With Gradpap Palps likely returning i have a good inkling on who the Sith Troopers serve. Im hyped, the implications of Sith Troopers running about for the first time since Ruusan has me pumped a little bit.

I honestly don't think Papa Palpatine is going to actually "return"... I'm thinking he left more Fail Safes like he did with Operation Cinder.  For those who may not know Palpatine had a plan in place called Cinder where droids with holorecording of Palpatines face went to the Imperial Leaders and ordered them to basically burn the galaxy.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #50633 on: July 11, 2019, 03:23:05 PM »

That's what I was thinking too.... and let's not forget that FO stormtrooper, Imp stormtrooper, and clone phase 2 are all evolutions of phase 1 clone armor, which is not far off the armor designs the Republic was using for apparently thousands of years.

Not exactly a completely original design, which makes sense. There's only so much you can do designing full body armor for humanoids. You need to stick to a basic design for functionality purposes, which is why SW trooper armor is not wildly different from most other fictional full body armor.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50634 on: July 11, 2019, 10:12:57 AM »

Has anyone considered, that as Kylo Ren has already stated he wants nothing to do with the Sith that these new Sith troopers are part of Shiv Palpetine's army. He has been revived for a while, working in the shadows, as Sith are wont to do, and he bursts onto the scene with actions that threaten both the Rebellion and The First Order. Just a thought.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50635 on: July 11, 2019, 07:18:07 PM »

Has anyone considered, that as Kylo Ren has already stated he wants nothing to do with the Sith that these new Sith troopers are part of Shiv Palpetine's army. He has been revived for a while, working in the shadows, as Sith are wont to do, and he bursts onto the scene with actions that threaten both the Rebellion and The First Order. Just a thought.
Ahem....

Also, I don't recall the Emo making such a claim.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50636 on: July 11, 2019, 01:22:59 PM »

Ahem....
I didn't have time to read through everyone's posts as I was leaving work and about to jump on my bike. But kudos to you.

And Kylo may not have said the exact words, but when he says to Rey "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to", I took that to mean he was looking forwards. Not to the past and the Sith traditions. Plus, I think it was stated in an interview somewhere that Kylo, the knights of Ren and Snoke are not Sith. They are just dark side users.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #50637 on: July 11, 2019, 08:24:10 PM »

Ahem....

I cant remember the exact wording but it was shortly after the throne room scene in TLJ when he was talking to Rey. He mentions building something new, not the Sith not the Jedi. Now that his galvanized to the dark side, it could be hes using the FO for just that purpose.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50638 on: July 11, 2019, 01:26:50 PM »

I cant remember the exact wording but it was shortly after the throne room scene in TLJ when he was talking to Rey. He mentions building something new, not the Sith not the Jedi. Now that his galvanized to the dark side, it could be hes using the FO for just that purpose.
Yes. This. ^^ It was around this time he talks about letting the past die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50639 on: July 11, 2019, 08:36:35 PM »

I didn't have time to read through everyone's posts as I was leaving work and about to jump on my bike. But kudos to you.
Something something pots and kettles. I'm somewhat prone to miss things as well.

And Kylo may not have said the exact words, but when he says to Rey "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to", I took that to mean he was looking forwards. Not to the past and the Sith traditions. Plus, I think it was stated in an interview somewhere that Kylo, the knights of Ren and Snoke are not Sith. They are just dark side users.
Interesting. What you have heard is true, but I'm surprised that the Emo wouldn't have been drawn to the Sith trying to emulate grand daddy.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3374 3375 [3376] 3377 3378 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: