Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3375 3376 [3377] 3378 3379 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880086 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50640 on: July 11, 2019, 10:26:20 PM »

Has anyone considered, that as Kylo Ren has already stated he wants nothing to do with the Sith that these new Sith troopers are part of Shiv Palpetine's army. He has been revived for a while, working in the shadows, as Sith are wont to do, and he bursts onto the scene with actions that threaten both the Rebellion and The First Order. Just a thought.

Really it seems everyone's theories are a variation of that point.  Weather Palapatine is back for real, force apparition or giving orders from a hologram/holocron like I mentioned (which he has already done in canon).  Another theory could be that much like the FO uses names of officers from the Empire to show position (Hux has Tarkin's name on his Uniform) Perhaps these "Sith" troopers are just named as such in honor of the Sith

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #50641 on: July 12, 2019, 01:06:01 AM »

Interesting. What you have heard is true, but I'm surprised that the Emo wouldn't have been drawn to the Sith trying to emulate grand daddy.

Sounds like the most logical reason, Rey is being all Jedi so adopting another negative identity would fit Kylo - 'well if you're a Jedi i'll be a Sith like Papa and finish what he started!!'  basically sending him full circle to where he began in TFA.

Perhaps these "Sith" troopers are just named as such in honor of the Sith

I suspect this is more the case though, probably named Sith troopers for psychological impact on both sides. Much like the FO as a whole, its a shallow adaptation of the Empire it sprung from. 

Also the red colouring is just like Snoke's (curiously useless) body guards - but look a lot cooler for sure.  I don't think introducing a Palpatine come back in the last film of the trilogy would make much sense...but then neither did Snoke to begin with...

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50642 on: July 12, 2019, 01:00:50 PM »

Really it seems everyone's theories are a variation of that point.  Weather Palapatine is back for real, force apparition or giving orders from a hologram/holocron like I mentioned (which he has already done in canon).  Another theory could be that much like the FO uses names of officers from the Empire to show position (Hux has Tarkin's name on his Uniform) Perhaps these "Sith" troopers are just named as such in honor of the Sith
<cocks head to side> What?

Sounds like the most logical reason, Rey is being all Jedi so adopting another negative identity would fit Kylo - 'well if you're a Jedi i'll be a Sith like Papa and finish what he started!!'  basically sending him full circle to where he began in TFA.
I think he would have been driven more by the aspect of the fact that the Sith historically have the strongest connection to the dark side and are also the greatest terror the galaxy has ever known. If you're going to usher in a new terror based regime, that should have been the most likely method.

I suspect this is more the case though, probably named Sith troopers for psychological impact on both sides. Much like the FO as a whole, its a shallow adaptation of the Empire it sprung from. 

Also the red colouring is just like Snoke's (curiously useless) body guards - but look a lot cooler for sure.  I don't think introducing a Palpatine come back in the last film of the trilogy would make much sense...but then neither did Snoke to begin with...
I'm still leaning toward the idea that they are simply troopers, the Sith name just identifies who they're working for. Like how we rarely ever here the full name Imperial Stormtrooper. What other stormtroopers did we have in the OT?

I'm also more inclined to believe that the red armor of the would be Praetorian Guard was just another cheap ripoff; a throwback to the Imperial Guard of the Emperor. But I do agree, despite the ostentatious color, the lines of the paneling are very appealing to my eye.

As far as D. Sidi, it actually is like the only option they have. They killed off the last big bad guy before we even knew anything about him, or the extent of his power. Sidious is already a known villain and doesn't need explanation. So he can be reintroduced and defeated within the span of a single film. I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular beyond it being the end of the worst SW trilogy ever and the fans riot for the OC to be reinstated. <sigh>(happy thoughts) Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #50643 on: July 12, 2019, 02:23:33 PM »

My son is having surgery today to replace his VNS. Please keep him in your thoughts. Shouldn't be a big deal but still surgery.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50644 on: July 12, 2019, 02:26:58 PM »

My son is having surgery today to replace his VNS. Please keep him in your thoughts. Shouldn't be a big deal but still surgery.
What does this nerve do?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #50645 on: July 12, 2019, 02:34:39 PM »

Hux has Tarkin's name on his Uniform???

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #50646 on: July 12, 2019, 02:35:55 PM »

What does this nerve do?
Stimulates the brain. He has Epilepsy and it is to reduce seizures. Similar to a pace maker but for the brain.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50647 on: July 12, 2019, 02:51:03 PM »

Stimulates the brain. He has Epilepsy and it is to reduce seizures. Similar to a pace maker but for the brain.
That truly sucks. You are in my prayers.

Sig by For Tyeth

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #50648 on: July 12, 2019, 02:54:38 PM »

Thank you.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50649 on: July 12, 2019, 03:40:17 PM »

<cocks head to side> What?

The First Order would wear the names of Legendary Officers from the Empire on their uniforms, I believe Hux had Tarkin's name on his.  I could very well be wrong and will look it up when I get home.

Mirroring Logos, I'll keep you and your son in my prayers.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50650 on: July 12, 2019, 03:51:38 PM »

The First Order would wear the names of Legendary Officers from the Empire on their uniforms, I believe Hux had Tarkin's name on his.  I could very well be wrong and will look it up when I get home.
<puke> I know the nauseating backstory behind Phasma's armor, but beyond that I was unaware that the organization was that pathetic.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50651 on: July 12, 2019, 04:07:15 PM »

<puke> I know the nauseating backstory behind Phasma's armor, but beyond that I was unaware that the organization was that pathetic.

You don't like that Phasma made her armor from Palpatine's Cruiser..... :p  TO be fair it wasn't out of some glorification of the Empire...just pragmatism.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50652 on: July 12, 2019, 05:40:58 PM »

You don't like that Phasma made her armor from Palpatine's Cruiser..... :p  TO be fair it wasn't out of some glorification of the Empire...just pragmatism.
Using big words doesn't justify. It's shiny hull plating....whoop-do-@#$%ing-doo. And yes it was. She took it simply because of its affiliation with someone powerful. It has no qualities that give her an advantage.

Sig by For Tyeth

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #50653 on: July 12, 2019, 11:04:44 AM »

Mirroring Logos, I'll keep you and your son in my prayers.
Thank you guys, he is out of surgery and all went well.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50654 on: July 12, 2019, 07:09:33 PM »

Using big words doesn't justify. It's shiny hull plating....whoop-do-@#$%ing-doo. And yes it was. She took it simply because of its affiliation with someone powerful. It has no qualities that give her an advantage.

I'll have to go back and read her Novel, But it is actually stronger than average FO armor, resists radiation more and even deflects blaster bolts, so there is a bit of an advantage.  IF only the had used her character....better.  Waste of a character and actress

Pages: 1 ... 3375 3376 [3377] 3378 3379 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: