Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3377 3378 [3379] 3380 3381 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880551 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50670 on: July 14, 2019, 10:20:14 AM »

May I ask what it is that you need?
A silicone mask from either CFX or Immortal Masks.

Of you have a plan B incase option 2 doesn't arrive on time go for that. If you don't then option 1 is really the only way to go.
Push comes to shove I could always wear one of my other masks with the costume. But I'd rather it not come to that.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50671 on: July 14, 2019, 03:32:24 PM »

Just recently came a cross a theory about Palpatine that..kind of makes sense.  Ok.  The recent Vader comics introduced an Ancient Sith Lord name Momin.  His spirit was locked inside his Mask and could communicate with other Force Users.  I won't go into the meat of that story arc here but we see (within new canon) its possible for a Sith to lock his spirit into an item....and Palaptine had access to that knowledge.  Fast forward to TFA and a line that has always bugged me: When Kylo is talking to Vaders Helmet he says "Show me Again....".   I considered it may have been Snoke tricking Ben into thinking Vader spoke to him or even maybe the Dark Spirit of Vader (Kind of like how Revan was split). But now, maybe it's Palpatine.  When Vader threw him down the shaft he sent his essence into the nearest object with the taint of the Dark Side...Vader's Helmet.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #50672 on: July 14, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »

Just recently came a cross a theory about Palpatine that..kind of makes sense.  Ok.  The recent Vader comics introduced an Ancient Sith Lord name Momin.  His spirit was locked inside his Mask and could communicate with other Force Users.  I won't go into the meat of that story arc here but we see (within new canon) its possible for a Sith to lock his spirit into an item....and Palaptine had access to that knowledge.  Fast forward to TFA and a line that has always bugged me: When Kylo is talking to Vaders Helmet he says "Show me Again....".   I considered it may have been Snoke tricking Ben into thinking Vader spoke to him or even maybe the Dark Spirit of Vader (Kind of like how Revan was split). But now, maybe it's Palpatine.  When Vader threw him down the shaft he sent his essence into the nearest object with the taint of the Dark Side...Vader's Helmet.

This is essentially what I've been thinking. I like it. -1

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #50673 on: July 14, 2019, 11:03:10 PM »

That is a very good concept...when the Emperor does fall you see the lighting flicker over Vaders helmet - obviously that wasn't the intention at the time but as a back cast of a plot onto a minor moment in the OT it would work.  Perhaps not a full spirit like Obi-Wan, but more a corrupting presence, remnants of Vader and Palpatines memories and experiences of the Dark side leaching across the object to Kylo. But If I had to guess I think it being Vader himself makes more sense if one takes the view that in the RotJ Anakin and Vader 'split' as personages with Vader left in the armour as the body burnt and Anakins spirit freed.

The only problem would be it sort of gives Kylo a 'the devil made me do it' out for all his actions (or for those who remember the cartoon Madeline Pepito and his bad hat would be a parrallel) which IMO would diminish his character a bit. 

Anyway we'll all know soon enough, and whatever the resolution (if there is one...) I'm sure it will divide opinion just as much as the new films already have and spawn many a conversation. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50674 on: July 14, 2019, 11:10:21 PM »

It is a nice theory. But I'm going to (try and) refrain from speculating too much. That way I can concentrate on what the movie actually is and avoid disappointment that the story wasn't what I expected.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50675 on: July 14, 2019, 05:45:02 PM »

It is a nice theory. But I'm going to (try and) refrain from speculating too much. That way I can concentrate on what the movie actually is and avoid disappointment that the story wasn't what I expected.

Hey..You do You, thats who you wanna go in you'll get no argument from me....but Star Wars has been an ongoing franchise for over 40 years.... expectations are a given, especially on a 9th film of an overall franchise and 3rd in trilogy.   I'm already going into this film disappointed so anything that can tick it up in a positive way I will latch onto.

That is a very good concept...when the Emperor does fall you see the lighting flicker over Vaders helmet - obviously that wasn't the intention at the time but as a back cast of a plot onto a minor moment in the OT it would work.  Perhaps not a full spirit like Obi-Wan, but more a corrupting presence, remnants of Vader and Palpatines memories and experiences of the Dark side leaching across the object to Kylo. But If I had to guess I think it being Vader himself makes more sense if one takes the view that in the RotJ Anakin and Vader 'split' as personages with Vader left in the armour as the body burnt and Anakins spirit freed.

The only problem would be it sort of gives Kylo a 'the devil made me do it' out for all his actions (or for those who remember the cartoon Madeline Pepito and his bad hat would be a parrallel) which IMO would diminish his character a bit.  

Anyway we'll all know soon enough, and whatever the resolution (if there is one...) I'm sure it will divide opinion just as much as the new films already have and spawn many a conversation.  

I disagree, It would (IMO) give Kylo a step up because instead of being a whiny nit with daddy issues acting out...he's a confused man who was manipulated.  Now we got hints that is possibly what Snoke did  but of course we got nothing about that.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #50676 on: July 15, 2019, 03:11:54 AM »

It's a VERY interesting theory, and I think it would dip a bit into the more mystical aspects of the Dark side which is something that hasn't quite been explored yet in the movies. On the flip side, I still think Kylo's just a psycho wannabe who talks to an empty helmet too much.  Cheesy

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50677 on: July 15, 2019, 11:20:59 AM »

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50678 on: July 15, 2019, 04:23:54 PM »

yes and no.  Brendol Hux ( Father of the Hux from TFA) was currently in possession of the ship when went down on the planet Phasma is from.  Her planet was basically post apocalyptic after a droid factories nuclear meltdown.  So she saw the ship, understood its armors advantage and some of what it represented to her and after her training was over she returned to her planet and made her armor.  The fact it was Palpatines only has meaning for us...not her.
Ok, now this I can get behind. Hux's dad, I can see being a bit giddy over having something affiliated with the Empire. This would most likely filter down to Jr. Hux's fanaticism over succeeding the Empire with a new fascist regime. Phasma's knowledge of available materials and location makes better sense. NOW, IMO, it would have been a little cooler if they had made a unit with this armor, considering that a ship would have more hull plating than it would take to make a single suit. But if it was a preference of just her, so be it.

Whether its half full or half empty all depends on how thirsty you are....and some of us are real thirsty for good star wars content.  Tongue

Like I said, the good is few and far between. 
Empty or full, one's disposition is all based on the objective. If one is trying to drain the glass, half empty is still optimistic.

I think this sentence can really illustrate why some of us feel the way we do.  Let me be perfectly clear.... I am not disparaging you or those who think like you...far from it.  For some of us though....Star Wars is more than a "fun" movie series.  As humans are wont to do we will attach affection and sentimentally to things that others do not share.  Star Wars is probably one of the best and widest  examples of this.  For some of us Star Wars inspired our passions that led to our careers, for others it gave us a community to be a part of where as before we had no one (before the New Canon Star Wars fans would disagree but it was never hostile like it is now) and for some it was a Light in Darkness.  So when someone begins altering the thing you love and not only altering it...but seemingly rejecting your opinions as not only wrong...but evil.  Bitterness can and will grow.  
<claps> POINTS

I can definitely back this statement. The sheer scale of the SW was one of the driving forces to push me to become an engineer. As a child, and even into adulthood, my LEGO designs were heavily influenced by SW.

I was asked this very question: Would I rather have mediocre new movies or nothing at all. I answered truthfully; nothing at all. I was perfectly happy with no new movies in 10 years. Especially after Georgie-porgy got his senile hands on the OT. I refuse to watch the re-edited ROTJ, or really....any of them for that matter. Nothing that was added actually added anything to the story.

You make it sound as though you were part of the writing team on the new movies and they personally ignored your ideas.

Star Trek has altered the thing I love and rejected a lot of what fans wanted. But I don't feel bitter. Or feel like my "wants" are evil. But, like I said, that's just me. If everyone always agreed on everything we would live in an extremely bland world. Life is interesting due to it's wondrous complexities and unexpected nature.
I think what he's trying to say is that the only reason SW is the mega-fandom it is today is because of the fans it had in the beginning that loved a low budget sci-fi movie. That spun off books. Those spun off comics. Those in turn spun off games. But it was the fans that kept it alive. For 38 years in fact, and then everything that wasn't movie or a lackluster kids' show got chucked out.

You may have already answered this, but I can't remember; the thing with ST though is that even when Jar-Jar completely butchered the franchise to make semi-decent action movies, it still didn't undo everything that came before it. It just took a different spin, but in a universe where time travel and parallel realities exist, this can be accepted. Something new, that doesn't discount the original.

Halloween costume dilemma:

Option 1 is a little expensive and just about achievable if I am willing to rough it money wise for a couple of months
Option 2, will look just as good//scary, is about half the price of option 1 but has an outside chance of not arriving in time for Halloween
UGH! I had this with getting Project:BOOYA! in time. It showed up the day after. Angry

I guess the answer to your question lies in how important is it to you to have this done for this Halloween?

Did you say Momon? Grin

Joking aside, Vader's armor sucked up a lot of DS lightning. It's possible. But where did Kyle keep the helmet: the ship or SKB? If the latter, then it was destroyed.

That is a very good concept...when the Emperor does fall you see the lighting flicker over Vaders helmet - obviously that wasn't the intention at the time but as a back cast of a plot onto a minor moment in the OT it would work.  Perhaps not a full spirit like Obi-Wan, but more a corrupting presence, remnants of Vader and Palpatines memories and experiences of the Dark side leaching across the object to Kylo. But If I had to guess I think it being Vader himself makes more sense if one takes the view that in the RotJ Anakin and Vader 'split' as personages with Vader left in the armour as the body burnt and Anakins spirit freed.

Actually, despite the common belief that Sith don't get Force spooks, there have been numerous Sith spirits encountered. Exar Kun for example, was encountered by the NJO. It is most common that Sith spirits are tied to an object or place, and not the free roaming variety like Obi Wan and Yoda, that were able to show up wherever they wanted.

I disagree, It would (IMO) give Kylo a step up because instead of being a whiny nit with daddy issues acting out...he's a confused man who was manipulated.  Now we got hints that is possibly what Snoke did  but of course we got nothing about that.
Agreed. It wouldn't be the first time that a Sith/Dark Side artifact had a profound influence on the unwary.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Hey..You do You, thats who you wanna go in you'll get no argument from me....but Star Wars has been an ongoing franchise for over 40 years.... expectations are a given, especially on a 9th film of an overall franchise and 3rd in trilogy.   I'm already going into this film disappointed so anything that can tick it up in a positive way I will latch onto.
Agreed. If I go in with low expectations, I can only be impressed or have my expectations met. Roll Eyes I think that was how I was less disappointed with TLJ than I was with TFA.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50679 on: July 15, 2019, 05:57:38 PM »

Quote of the day:

"Be known for what you love, not for what you hate."
 - John Campea

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50680 on: July 17, 2019, 02:30:46 AM »

First they reveal Endgame Thor now this! .... Hot Toys just doesn't want me to have money....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50681 on: July 17, 2019, 05:26:01 AM »

WOW! Just......WOW!

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #50682 on: July 17, 2019, 02:52:17 PM »

The detail on their toys is just incredible, yeah Maul is actually staring straight into your soul.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #50683 on: July 17, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »

The detail on their toys Action Figures is just incredible, yeah Maul is actually staring straight into your soul.

FTFY

Cheesy

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50684 on: July 17, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »

The detail on their toys is just incredible, yeah Maul is actually staring straight into your soul.
The eyes actually have a shine as though they were real.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3377 3378 [3379] 3380 3381 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: