Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3399 3400 [3401] 3402 3403 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4893261 times)
Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #51000 on: August 25, 2019, 07:20:34 AM »

Just watched both Super Troopers movies, first time for the 2nd one. It was as good as the first one i think.  I guess they already Green lit 3?

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #51001 on: August 25, 2019, 11:03:35 AM »

Just watched both Super Troopers movies, first time for the 2nd one. It was as good as the first one i think.  I guess they already Green lit 3?

Wouldn't bet on it.  They had to use indiegogo to get the second one made...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #51002 on: August 26, 2019, 02:37:56 AM »

Wouldn't bet on it.  They had to use indiegogo to get the second one made...

Yeah but they made way more than they thought they would with it.  the critics hated it but the fans like it enough. They are already working on a script.  probably a direct to DVD though.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51003 on: August 26, 2019, 11:13:44 AM »

I hate Mondays but it's inevitable so I'm going to do my best today like every day

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51004 on: August 26, 2019, 11:17:51 AM »

Bank Holiday Monday = no work. Might go for a nice sojourn on the bike, hit the gym and play some Mass Effect.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #51005 on: August 26, 2019, 11:35:53 AM »

Long-time no see, bud Smiley

Indeed. I haven't been very active recently. I keep reading around somewhat regularly but don't often post.

Yea, here in the states many of us live in rural areas with next to no public transportation.  I, myself, live 36 miles away from my place of work and Electric cars are very costly. 
Yup... same here.  If I had to actually report to the office at my job, I would spend all day (literally) commuting just TO work, let alone returning home, since it's over 350 miles away.  All I can say is, thank goodness for telecommuting!

That's understandable. I want to make it clear I wasn't passing judgment on the people who can't do without a car or can't afford an electric one. But I believe we should do what we can within our abilities and that political will goes a long way towards making improvments.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51006 on: August 26, 2019, 11:51:45 AM »

Indeed. I haven't been very active recently. I keep reading around somewhat regularly but don't often post.

That's understandable. I want to make it clear I wasn't passing judgment on the people who can't do without a car or can't afford an electric one. But I believe we should do what we can within our abilities and that political will goes a long way towards making improvments.

Didn't think you were bud, no worries.  But its interesting how many people I talk to from overseas that don't realize how wide spread the US is.  If I drove 5 hours North...I'd only be halfway out of the state Tongue

Bank Holiday Monday = no work. Might go for a nice sojourn on the bike, hit the gym and play some Mass Effect.

Same here in the States (except we call it a Government Holiday)...Labor Day.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #51007 on: August 26, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »

Didn't think you were bud, no worries.  But its interesting how many people I talk to from overseas that don't realize how wide spread the US is.  If I drove 5 hours North...I'd only be halfway out of the state Tongue

Having been to a few places in the US I do understand how wide spread it is but I do also see what you mean. I suppose that for Europeans it's not just that the US is big, it's also how far you guys are willing to commute to work. I remember someone once said "To an American, a hundred years is a long time. To a European, a hundred miles is a long way". I always felt this was a nice description.

Where I live, if I drove an hour West, an hour and a half North, about the same South or Three hours East I'd be in any of four or five different countries. Obviously our wolrds are quite different  Wink

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51008 on: August 26, 2019, 12:29:27 PM »

Really?

I hate Mondays but it's inevitable so I'm going to do my best today like every day

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51009 on: August 26, 2019, 12:35:06 PM »

Having been to a few places in the US I do understand how wide spread it is but I do also see what you mean. I suppose that for Europeans it's not just that the US is big, it's also how far you guys are willing to commute to work. I remember someone once said "To an American, a hundred years is a long time. To a European, a hundred miles is a long way". I always felt this was a nice description.

Where I live, if I drove an hour West, an hour and a half North, about the same South or Three hours East I'd be in any of four or five different countries. Obviously our wolrds are quite different  Wink

Yea, Americans are very willing to commute over an hour (for many though it is not an option).  Personally I used to live 3 miles from my job in a tiny one bedroom apartment... dealing with work, traffic (even 3 miles turned into a 40 minute drive during rush hour) then coming home to a tiny apt....wasn't very nice.  Moved 36 miles away into a house...which we are paying about the same monthly we were for that stupid apt.  The drive sucks...but its worth it to come home to peace.  I think that is the crux of it...Americans like to have space. Especially those of us from the South.  My nearest neighbor growing up was 10 miles away.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #51010 on: August 26, 2019, 01:59:02 PM »

Yea, Americans are very willing to commute over an hour (for many though it is not an option).  Personally I used to live 3 miles from my job in a tiny one bedroom apartment... dealing with work, traffic (even 3 miles turned into a 40 minute drive during rush hour) then coming home to a tiny apt....wasn't very nice.  Moved 36 miles away into a house...which we are paying about the same monthly we were for that stupid apt.  The drive sucks...but its worth it to come home to peace.  I think that is the crux of it...Americans like to have space. Especially those of us from the South.  My nearest neighbor growing up was 10 miles away.

I suppose it's a completely different way of life. Nothing wrong with it.

The fact that the US was for many parts settled in huge waves probably has something to do with it. Here in the Old World villages kind of appeared here and there over millenia, some of them at time when even the wheel wasn't around. And in those times people needed to be together just to survive. Being too far from the next house or even being in a small settlement too far from any other could be a huge disadvantage.
3 miles for me is about the average distance from one village to the next.

I did have a longer commute for a long time (probably not far off those 36 miles you do) but I am lucky to live in a country where public transportation is among the best in the world and therefore I could manage that without a car (with the advantage of having had time to relax, read the newspaper, browse the internet, watch the landscape or even read a couple chapters of a book before getting to work).

Right now I live in the same city in which I work so it's pretty easy. Sure I do spend more money per m2 compared to living in other more remote places but it has it's advantages as well. I can go for a beer in the evening and indulge in a couple more if I feel like it without worrying about driving  Wink

Sabers Owned

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51011 on: August 26, 2019, 02:08:29 PM »

I suppose it's a completely different way of life. Nothing wrong with it.

The fact that the US was for many parts settled in huge waves probably has something to do with it. Here in the Old World villages kind of appeared here and there over millenia, some of them at time when even the wheel wasn't around. And in those times people needed to be together just to survive. Being too far from the next house or even being in a small settlement too far from any other could be a huge disadvantage.
3 miles for me is about the average distance from one village to the next.

I did have a longer commute for a long time (probably not far off those 36 miles you do) but I am lucky to live in a country where public transportation is among the best in the world and therefore I could manage that without a car (with the advantage of having had time to relax, read the newspaper, browse the internet, watch the landscape or even read a couple chapters of a book before getting to work).

Right now I live in the same city in which I work so it's pretty easy. Sure I do spend more money per m2 compared to living in other more remote places but it has it's advantages as well. I can go for a beer in the evening and indulge in a couple more if I feel like it without worrying about driving  Wink
Always remember the main difference between Americans and Europeans: In Europe, 100mi is a "long" way. In America, 100 years is "long" time.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #51012 on: August 26, 2019, 03:03:01 PM »

Considering what DT said, if I drive 5 Hours, I can reach Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and almost UK and Denmark ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51013 on: August 26, 2019, 03:11:04 PM »

Considering what DT said, if I drive 5 Hours, I can reach Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and almost UK and Denmark ...
Exactly. Here, if you drive 5 hours, there is a good likelihood that a) you're still in the country, and b) you've traveled at least 300mi (depending on speed limits and traffic conditions).

Sig by For Tyeth

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #51014 on: August 26, 2019, 03:14:27 PM »

Exactly. Here, if you drive 5 hours, there is a good likelihood that a) you're still in the country, and b) you've traveled at least 300mi (depending on speed limits and traffic conditions).

Here, it depends if you drive in Germany  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: 1 ... 3399 3400 [3401] 3402 3403 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: