Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3422 3423 [3424] 3425 3426 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880458 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #51345 on: October 09, 2019, 08:59:35 PM »

1) Hocus Pocus
2) What else?

Also got to see Ghostbusters on the big screen Sunday. 35yo and it still kicks ass.

I have yet to see any classics on the big screen....  The theater that does it always does it in the middle of the week.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51346 on: October 09, 2019, 09:49:41 PM »

In answer to my own questions:

1) Either An American Werewolf in London or The Lost Boys

2) Already posted photos (PeaKy-BoO the clown)

I have yet to see any classics on the big screen....  The theater that does it always does it in the middle of the week.
I have never seen any classic horror on the big screen. I don't know of any cinemas near me that don't play anything other than new releases. Fortunately, I'm of the Blockbuster generation.

1) Hocus Pocus
2) What else?
1) Never seen it (looks a bit cheesy to me)
2) Umm, I don't know?🤔

1.) Tie between Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus
2.)  Gonna be Thor this year.  Not any definite version. Kind of mish mash of different versions.
1) NBC is a classic. Although is a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie?🤔
2) Nice!

1) Dracula: Dead and Loving it. I know its not exactly "spooky" but I love it all the same.
2) Big hoodie and the wrappers of the leftover kit-kat bars.
1) Nice (nothing in the rules saying it has to be scary
2) Not a fan of dressing up for Halloween?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51347 on: October 09, 2019, 10:49:55 PM »

I have never seen any classic horror on the big screen. I don't know of any cinemas near me that don't play anything other than new releases. Fortunately, I'm of the Blockbuster generation.
1) Never seen it (looks a bit cheesy to me)

1) NBC is a classic. Although is a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie?🤔

Usually the Theater near me will play a classic on its anniversary...but like I said its always one showing in the middle of the week...

Its both Christmas AND Halloween movie...the only acceptable time those 2 holidays should cross

Hocus Pocus IS cheesy...as hell.  Honestly I doubt you would like it without the nostalgia factor.  Its main draw is the obviousness of how much fun Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy are having in their roles.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #51348 on: October 09, 2019, 11:12:37 PM »

Definitely no Hocus Pocus... not a huge fan to begin with, and that's what's being played on the TV at work, so I see/hear it all shift.  Undecided

1) No movies, I'll be binging True Blood and The Haunting of Hill House.

2) Probably jeans or leggings and a Halloween themed T-shirt.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51349 on: October 09, 2019, 11:29:46 PM »

Definitely no Hocus Pocus... not a huge fan to begin with, and that's what's being played on the TV at work, so I see/hear it all shift.  Undecided

The Haunting of Hill House.

I would recommend reading the original 1959 book and the First film  adaption, The Haunting, from 1963. 

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51350 on: October 09, 2019, 11:59:52 PM »

Two questions for the group:

1) Favourite movie to watch on Halloween?

2) What are you wearing for Halloween this year?

In case you haven't noticed, Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year
1) Uhhh... nothing, really.  I don't go in for Halloween movies (or horror movies in general).

2) Nothing special, just whatever I throw on instead of my work clothes so that I can hand out candy for Beggars' Night without anyone calling the police on me for indecent exposure.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #51351 on: October 10, 2019, 02:28:46 AM »

For Halloween, I like to cue up the Invader Zim Halloween episode.

As far as horror films for Halloween, I'd suggest The Cabin in the Woods, Ringu (Yes, the original Japanese version), Hellraiser 1 and 2, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Exorcist, The Omen 1-3, Shaun of the Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, From Hell, The Ninth Gate, Event Horizon...  but hey, you do you.

I've got 2 costumes for Halloween.  One will be Calvin Fischoeder of Bob's Burgers for a group work costume, and then Halloween proper I'll do my Red Death costume (for those unfamiliar with the idea of the character, see Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death, adapted to cinema featuring Vincent Price).  My take on the character is... a twist, and involves a bit of what some might call blasphemy depending on their faith, so I won't go further in description or post pics here out of respect for others.

Also, if you can, full-size candy and try to have something for the kids who aren't allowed candy as well (we give out little Play-doh tubs for kids).

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51352 on: October 10, 2019, 09:18:07 AM »

For Halloween, I like to cue up the Invader Zim Halloween episode.
What's Invader Zim?

As far as horror films for Halloween, I'd suggest The Cabin in the Woods, Ringu (Yes, the original Japanese version), Hellraiser 1 and 2, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Exorcist, The Omen 1-3, Shaun of the Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, From Hell, The Ninth Gate, Event Horizon...  but hey, you do you.
Nice list, but which is your favourite to watch?

I've got 2 costumes for Halloween.  One will be Calvin Fischoeder of Bob's Burgers for a group work costume, and then Halloween proper I'll do my Red Death costume (for those unfamiliar with the idea of the character, see Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death, adapted to cinema featuring Vincent Price).  My take on the character is... a twist, and involves a bit of what some might call blasphemy depending on their faith, so I won't go further in description or post pics here out of respect for others.
Have a point for the Vincent Price love.

Also, if you can, full-size candy and try to have something for the kids who aren't allowed candy as well (we give out little Play-doh tubs for kids).
We don't really have trick r treat where I live.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51353 on: October 10, 2019, 11:16:21 AM »

I'm off early today and all day tomorrow, woohoo!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51354 on: October 10, 2019, 11:32:56 AM »

What you got planned? Gaming?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #51355 on: October 10, 2019, 12:06:09 PM »

Same...I actually have almost a week off.   Gonna finish my costume, work on setting up my collection room, rearrange the garage, then when the wife is off Monday we're gonna deep clean the house.  Right now I have clean the central air unit.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #51356 on: October 10, 2019, 12:31:34 PM »

What's Invader Zim?
Nice list, but which is your favourite to watch?

Invader Zim is an American cartoon series that aired on Nickelodeon in the early 2000s, created by Jhonen Vasquez (who also created comic series Johnny the Homicidal Maniac).  It was wonderfully subversive in its way.  If you have Netflix, it may be present there, and you might enjoy.

Of the films, I think Omen II would probably be the go to.  I enjoy the idea of Damien as a young man, coming to grips with who he is and what his destiny means, and it explores that well.  Second in the list would be The Exorcist, because that film is so well-done and the performances are excellent.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51357 on: October 10, 2019, 12:51:10 PM »

Same...I actually have almost a week off.   Gonna finish my costume, work on setting up my collection room, rearrange the garage, then when the wife is off Monday we're gonna deep clean the house.  Right now I have clean the central air unit.

I didn't take it off, I work 9-80s so I have every other Friday off.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51358 on: October 10, 2019, 01:03:10 PM »

Invader Zim is an American cartoon series that aired on Nickelodeon in the early 2000s, created by Jhonen Vasquez (who also created comic series Johnny the Homicidal Maniac).  It was wonderfully subversive in its way.  If you have Netflix, it may be present there, and you might enjoy.
Uk Netflix is different to US Netflix. Don't think it's available over here, but I'll have a look. You say it's subversive, but what's it about? What's the general gist?

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #51359 on: October 10, 2019, 01:26:12 PM »

Uk Netflix is different to US Netflix. Don't think it's available over here, but I'll have a look. You say it's subversive, but what's it about? What's the general gist?

Wonderful show! Its about an alien invader named Zim who tries to take over the world with his sidekick Gir. Issue is Zim is incompetent to the nth degree on Gir is a defective robot thats basically an early 2000's meme machine. Main rival is a human kid named Dib who is obsessed with aliens/cryptids/ghosts etc

1) Nice (nothing in the rules saying it has to be scary
2) Not a fan of dressing up for Halloween?

Not that I don't like to, just a combo of not a lot of Halloween stuff in my town and costumes are expensive. May bust out my jedi robes for fun but not even sure what I'd do other than eat candy and play vidya while wearing Jedi garb  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 3422 3423 [3424] 3425 3426 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: