Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3441 3442 [3443] 3444 3445 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4879802 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51630 on: December 03, 2019, 01:57:08 PM »

You're all beneath me. No coffee - stay awake through willpower and sheer anger at the sun.
It's so cute when the young think they're tough. Cheesy

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #51631 on: December 03, 2019, 03:36:33 PM »

It's so cute when the young think they're tough. Cheesy

Joke's on me. Overcast here so no sun today.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51632 on: December 03, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »

Joke's on me. Overcast here so no sun today.
Want some coffee? Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #51633 on: December 03, 2019, 08:15:59 PM »

College basically just proves you're not a worthless hack. That's pretty important if one wishes to have a job that pays enough to survive, these days.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if it can prove that. I would say that there are plenty of worthless hacks that have come out of college. Is everyone? No, but college really doesn't prove a whole lot.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51634 on: December 03, 2019, 09:48:59 PM »

To be honest, I'm not even sure if it can prove that. I would say that there are plenty of worthless hacks that have come out of college. Is everyone? No, but college really doesn't prove a whole lot.
As with most things, it's less about what you know and more about who.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #51635 on: December 04, 2019, 06:14:42 AM »

Yes, but many companies and hiring managers seem to believe that a degree is required to even get a job, or to move up in the company and not be stuck as a cashier or stock associate until kingdom come.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #51636 on: December 04, 2019, 11:56:43 AM »

Yes, but many companies and hiring managers seem to believe that a degree is required to even get a job, or to move up in the company and not be stuck as a cashier or stock associate until kingdom come.

Unfortunately, Very True.    I was given the Managers position because I was the only one there who COULD do it.  Been there the longest and knew the store, but If anyone more "qualified" had applied I wouldn't have even been considered.  Heck, even now I am technically Temporary.  I could solidify my position if I had a degree in literally anything apparently...but because I didn't want to put myself in debt for the rest of my life I am considered low on the priority...even though I can do the Job.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51637 on: December 05, 2019, 05:46:15 AM »

Unfortunately, Very True.    I was given the Managers position because I was the only one there who COULD do it.  Been there the longest and knew the store, but If anyone more "qualified" had applied I wouldn't have even been considered.  Heck, even now I am technically Temporary.  I could solidify my position if I had a degree in literally anything apparently...but because I didn't want to put myself in debt for the rest of my life I am considered low on the priority...even though I can do the Job.

Exactly. I put in for multiple promotions over the years. Staples was adamant about not even INTERVIEWING me for them. The reason I was given the first time was basically "you haven't been here long enough," and after that "people with degrees applied, so we didn't even bother, because you wouldn't get the job."

One job came up while my normal store manager was on medical leave, and the manager filling in decided I was "too immature and couldn't even handle my current job" based on two weeks in which he worked with me a grand total of twice. My store manager was pissed when she came back that I was skipped like that, especially since he didn't know me well enough to make that call for those reasons.(her words as well as mine) Staples wasn't a great company in hindsight.

I rarely get interviewed for promotions, which would not be the case if I had a degree of any kind in literally anything. I've been told this a few times.

(Sig by me!)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51638 on: December 05, 2019, 11:59:11 AM »

There are plenty of worthless hacks that go into the military and come out of it. You'll see that in life after college when you work your career in any company that you go to

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51639 on: December 05, 2019, 08:56:38 PM »

Points to whoever can find me the full video of this:

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #51640 on: December 05, 2019, 09:56:14 PM »

Points to whoever can find me the full video of this:

No need for points. Enjoy! Wink
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHKSYGYP4a0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHKSYGYP4a0</a>

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #51641 on: December 05, 2019, 10:51:09 PM »

Just realised, two weeks from today i'll be sat in a cinema watching The Rise of Skywalker. Can't believe how quickly December has come round.
(cue all the hate talk about the current state of Star Wars/complaints about the Last Jedi/hate towards Kathleen Kennedy etc etc)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #51642 on: December 05, 2019, 10:59:48 PM »

Just realised, two weeks from today i'll be sat in a cinema watching The Rise of Skywalker. Can't believe how quickly December has come round.
(cue all the hate talk about the current state of Star Wars/complaints about the Last Jedi/hate towards Kathleen Kennedy etc etc)

I cant wait! Tickets are pre-ordered and hype is in full swing!  Grin
to the movie, I mean, I can get seats to the hate for free  Wink

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #51643 on: December 05, 2019, 11:28:16 PM »

One week from last night, my wife and I will be seeing a pre-screening of Jumanji: The Next Level.

Hmmm... just doesn't have that same ring to it, does it?  Oh, well, I will enjoy the free movie and the date night with my wife, anyway.

Cheers, all!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51644 on: December 06, 2019, 04:26:51 AM »

I don't know that I'll see it two weeks from now.... but I WILL see it in theaters, at least once. It depends on my schedule. Probably my first day off after I get payed that it's out.

I still need to see Frozen, I just need to get paid.....

I'm paid bi-weekly. I got paid a couple weeks ago(half a check since I went back to work mid pay period), and I feel like I haven't been paid in months, despite it only being a few days shy of 2 weeks. We get paid Mondays(random), but my bank usually gives it to me on Saturday, which is great! Saturday is pay day, finally.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 3441 3442 [3443] 3444 3445 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: