Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3468 3469 [3470] 3471 3472 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4879852 times)
Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #52035 on: April 02, 2020, 06:35:49 AM »

I'm afraid you're all talking about gallons aren't you?

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #52036 on: April 02, 2020, 10:57:18 AM »

Yup. Metric gallons and not imperial gallons though or 3.785 litres if you're the rest of the world Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52037 on: April 02, 2020, 12:08:50 PM »

Yup. And you're probably paying more per liter.

Yup. Metric gallons and not imperial gallons though or 3.785 litres if you're the rest of the world Wink
I didn't even know "metric gallon" was a thing.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #52038 on: April 02, 2020, 12:12:08 PM »

Tell me about your gas prices. Due to a combination of world events, gas is reaching lows that we haven't seen in almost 20 years. This morning I drove past a cluster of stations that had regular for $1.34. Shocked Shocked Shocked I never thought I'd see gas this cheap again in my life.

So what is everyone else seeing?

Around $0.65/L here - which is pretty much in line with the 20 years part.

(with some math: $0.65 x 3.8 = $2.47/U.S. gallon)

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #52039 on: April 03, 2020, 04:12:48 AM »

Why does America have to have a different measuring system than the rest of the world? Why must we be different. It's time the rest of you got in line and used imperial like us.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #52040 on: April 03, 2020, 11:51:11 AM »

Why does America have to have a different measuring system than the rest of the world? Why must we be different. It's time the rest of you got in line and used imperial like us.

You can thank the British for that since the British Empire used the Imperial System back then but the U.S. choose not to adopt the metric system due to time and money during the Industrial Revolution since the Imperial System was used all machinery at the time so many products were made to feature IS units. Big businesses have intervene when Congress tried to change this many times, plus most citizens don't want to go into the hassle and and spend the time of changing the country's entire infrastructure.

Unless you're in the military, most won't learn the metric system which I prefer since 99% of the world uses it and it's easier to get around and understand units of measurements in other countries. The U.S., Myanmar, and Lyberia are the only countries that uses Imperial System.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #52041 on: April 03, 2020, 11:55:51 AM »

Just like using the term Soccer it wasn't America that decided to be different, it was the rest of the world and we refused.  Short answer as to why is during the time the change was being discussed the Industrial Revolution was in full swing and all the tools, machines and everything else was done in Imperial.  The Business owners as well as the workers had no desire to take the time, effort and money to switch everything over.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52042 on: April 03, 2020, 12:34:24 PM »

As an engineer, I have to know both. It's really not that difficult.

English -> Metric

(covert measurement to inches) x 2.54 cm/in = cm

Metric -> English

(convert measurement to cm) x 0.0393700787* in/cm = in

*Yes, I have this ratio memorized because I use it A LOT.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #52043 on: April 03, 2020, 01:57:32 PM »

I was going to agree with you, but then I read that third last word 'imperial', you must mean 'metric'Wink

Yup. And you're probably paying more per liter.

Last time I filled with diesel it was €1,39 per liter. Gasoline was around €1.60 per liter.

As an engineer, I have to know both. It's really not that difficult.

English -> Metric

(covert measurement to inches) x 2.54 cm/in = cm

Metric -> English

(convert measurement to cm) x 0.0393700787* in/cm = in

*Yes, I have this ratio memorized because I use it A LOT.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52044 on: April 06, 2020, 04:47:06 PM »

Such a good weekend, if only for one simple thing. My church has been doing online services during this time of crisis, so the band met up for music, but there were others there for the Easter Egg "hunt". Before anyone loses their $#!% over social distancing, this year, the egg hunt consisted of parents driving up and getting pre-made goody bags instead of having an actual gathering. Bonus for me came in that one of my toddler buddy's parents were working the egg hunt, and he was there. Now you all are wondering what the hell I mean by 'toddler buddy'. I've had a way with kids since like forever, especially little ones. One in particular, Gunner (age 18-24mo) has an affinity for me. I've suspected due to the fact that I am similar height and octave to his dad, so I get to be surrogate. Last week I was realizing that one of the things I'm not getting, due to this damn COVID bs, is Gunner hugz, and it is wearing on me mentally and emotionally. Well I got my fix. The world is now a little better for a spell, for both of us. It's nice to be missed.

So now I ask that the rest of you take stock of the simple joys in your lives, as well as the lives of those around you. See what simple things you can do to alleviate the mental and emotional stresses of isolation.

I was going to agree with you, but then I read that third last word 'imperial', you must mean 'metric'Wink
Imperial references the British Empire. So English = Imperial.  #darksidebiotches

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #52045 on: April 06, 2020, 06:33:52 PM »

Such a good weekend, if only for one simple thing. My church has been doing online services during this time of crisis, so the band met up for music, but there were others there for the Easter Egg "hunt". Before anyone loses their $#!% over social distancing, this year, the egg hunt consisted of parents driving up and getting pre-made goody bags instead of having an actual gathering. Bonus for me came in that one of my toddler buddy's parents were working the egg hunt, and he was there. Now you all are wondering what the hell I mean by 'toddler buddy'. I've had a way with kids since like forever, especially little ones. One in particular, Gunner (age 18-24mo) has an affinity for me. I've suspected due to the fact that I am similar height and octave to his dad, so I get to be surrogate. Last week I was realizing that one of the things I'm not getting, due to this damn COVID bs, is Gunner hugz, and it is wearing on me mentally and emotionally. Well I got my fix. The world is now a little better for a spell, for both of us. It's nice to be missed.

So now I ask that the rest of you take stock of the simple joys in your lives, as well as the lives of those around you. See what simple things you can do to alleviate the mental and emotional stresses of isolation.
Imperial references the British Empire. So English = Imperial.  #darksidebiotches

Amen, brother. Now stop posting $#&! that makes me cry dammit. Wink

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #52046 on: April 06, 2020, 07:07:58 PM »

You...come to think of it...I don't have any simple pleasures...huh.  Go figure.  Learn something everyday.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #52047 on: April 07, 2020, 06:37:05 AM »

Simple pleasures are the best!
From lightsaber practice with your kids, to getting a cup of coffee with your partner, or as Logos mentioned a hug from a kid.

Point for the story Logos! Thanks for sharing, good one this morning!

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #52048 on: April 07, 2020, 11:15:33 AM »

You have a soft side, imagine that.  Tongue

Good stuff, I've always had an affinity for children myself, the wife calls me a kid magnet. It's probably because I'm a big kid at heart and will play with them.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52049 on: April 07, 2020, 12:23:23 PM »

You have a soft side, imagine that.  Tongue

Good stuff, I've always had an affinity for children myself, the wife calls me a kid magnet. It's probably because I'm a big kid at heart and will play with them.
It is the world that has hardened me. Children have not grown yet, and learned the ways of the world. Therefore, they still offer comfort.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3468 3469 [3470] 3471 3472 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: