Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3545 3546 [3547] 3548 3549 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880050 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #53190 on: April 04, 2021, 04:35:44 PM »

Non-spoiler review for Godzilla vs Kong
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=46986.msg791281;boardseen#newa

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #53191 on: April 05, 2021, 12:38:32 AM »

got me a new PC. the fun of trying to remember all your passwords and websites. hehe
about to launch my 2nd 3D printer into action, get a chunk of these jobs done....and buy a 3rd one. lol

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #53192 on: April 20, 2021, 09:31:58 PM »

This is why I prefer NOT to spar with Taekwondo practitioners. I’m not saying they aren’t good, I mean look at my arm. Not a lot of restraint with these guys in my experience though. Good training I guess.

Edit: To be fair, it was absolutely my mistake. I’m not knocking any martial art. All styles have their own benefits. For example: proper Taekwondo kicks will @&$¥ you up.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #53193 on: April 21, 2021, 06:24:11 AM »

broke out my old guitars. cleaned them up and restrung them. Trying to remember how to play.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #53194 on: April 21, 2021, 07:08:39 AM »

broke out my old guitars. cleaned them up and restrung them. Trying to remember how to play.

What are you working with? I love me some guitar and I wish I had one right now. I played bass for a while too. I’d love to get my hands on both again so I can slap and slip into an actual escape.

Duff Man
Knight Commander

« Reply #53195 on: April 21, 2021, 11:51:38 PM »

What are you working with? I love me some guitar and I wish I had one right now. I played bass for a while too. I’d love to get my hands on both again so I can slap and slip into an actual escape.

got an Alvarez regent dreadnought and a Korean squire strat. Both I have had for 25 years.

Duff Man
Knight Commander

« Reply #53196 on: April 24, 2021, 01:26:57 AM »

Watched the New Mortal Kombat. It was Ok i guess.  They are trying to do the whole Multiple movie thing like Marvel and DC. It's not the original where is was all in one then they just made Annihilation to ride the success(poorly).    Don't know how well it will work.  Lots of story filler that slows down a movie about a fighting tournament game. 

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #53197 on: April 24, 2021, 04:07:02 PM »

This is why I prefer NOT to spar with Taekwondo practitioners. I’m not saying they aren’t good, I mean look at my arm. Not a lot of restraint with these guys in my experience though. Good training I guess.

Edit: To be fair, it was absolutely my mistake. I’m not knocking any martial art. All styles have their own benefits. For example: proper Taekwondo kicks will @&$¥ you up.

Oh my, that certainly looks like mistakes were made... though from the image hard to tell if it was by you or your opponent(s). I mean holding back properly is important, and attempting to not injure your partner (on purpose) but if you're admitting fault (full or partial) then plenty of blame to go around potentially. I have been injured in the past trying desperately to score a blow or go beyond reasonable limitations. Do I regret it? No. But do I have any lasting, or reoccurring damage as a result? Also no, so my opinion might be different otherwise. In my experience a good sparring duo know their own and each other's strengths, to avoid such things if possible, but grown ups do assess and assume risk accordingly. Still, that looks painful, and I know a fair bit about pain. Hope it was enlightening! Or at the very least fun...

Watched the New Mortal Kombat. It was Ok i guess.  They are trying to do the whole Multiple movie thing like Marvel and DC. It's not the original where is was all in one then they just made Annihilation to ride the success(poorly).    Don't know how well it will work.  Lots of story filler that slows down a movie about a fighting tournament game. 

Can't wait to see this one, and I'm not wholly adverse to sequels or series of movies if done well. I do enjoy the proper amount of storytelling in cinema myself. I mean MK is soooo storied in it's layered and differing histories. So laying groundwork can play out well if done well, and having good pacing. But yeah, I can see the annoyance if you're hyped up for action and fatalities and get 45 min of "once upon a time" or some such. Still looking forward to seeing it/them eventually.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #53198 on: April 25, 2021, 03:13:55 AM »

Oh my, that certainly looks like mistakes were made... though from the image hard to tell if it was by you or your opponent(s).
Mostly me. Almost exclusively in my opinion. Not knowing my opponent would be my only excuse, but let’s face it, that is no excuse at all.

I have been injured in the past trying desperately to score a blow or go beyond reasonable limitations. Do I regret it? No.
EXACTLY!!! -1 for warrior mentality!

But do I have any lasting, or reoccurring damage as a result? Also no,
Tongue

Still, that looks painful, and I know a fair bit about pain. Hope it was enlightening! Or at the very least fun...
It looks worse than it is. Sorry to hear that you are so familiar with pain. I think I can relate. Combat is always enlightening and it’s usually pretty fun. Smiley

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #53199 on: April 25, 2021, 12:46:02 PM »

It looks worse than it is. Sorry to hear that you are so familiar with pain. I think I can relate. Combat is always enlightening and it’s usually pretty fun. Smiley

Ha, yeah bruising can be that way... deceptively ugly. Though sometimes it can hint at injuries below the surface too, all dependent on how it feels. I am no medical professional, just an adept at getting injured and relative first aid. I cringed a bit seeing that big bruise, but laughed heavily seeing the little circular one! I am all too familiar with those! Even shinai leave those behind when they strike meat with a spirited blow, even in full armor slight misses or deflecting off armor and getting grazed like that is likely. Mostly when 2 combatants are going at it with intensity. I'll agree it's all too fun, even when you have a few days after that you're sore and recovering. That's why helmets are such a necessity, and trying for target accuracy on armor locations when striking, but margins for error will always exist. I don't lament much of my pain, it teaches. Like touching a hot stove or doing something foolish and winding up seeing a doc. You tend to learn and do better afterward (hopefully) making those reactions sharper and recognitions of danger heightened. Probably why I have many scars but no broken bones. Best of luck with the rematch, though I do wonder how the "other guy" looked after this exchange?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #53200 on: April 25, 2021, 04:42:54 PM »

Ha, yeah bruising can be that way... deceptively ugly. Though sometimes it can hint at injuries below the surface too, all dependent on how it feels. I am no medical professional, just an adept at getting injured and relative first aid. I cringed a bit seeing that big bruise, but laughed heavily seeing the little circular one!
Haha! I know right?

Best of luck with the rematch, though I do wonder how the "other guy" looked after this exchange?
I was going to bring up how the “other guy” looks myself. Let’s just say he looks like a million dollar a day male model. Tongue

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #53201 on: April 26, 2021, 09:47:58 PM »

Haha! I know right?
I was going to bring up how the “other guy” looks myself. Let’s just say he looks like a million dollar a day male model. Tongue

Yeah, it happens to even the best of us on occasion. You walk away thrashed or scoring not even a single clean point, yet they are just pristine and it seemed effortless. But we'll just call that learning their moves and how they fight for next time. If at first you don't succeed, plot revenge...

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #53202 on: April 27, 2021, 05:00:13 AM »

If at first you don't succeed, plot revenge...
I like the way you think more and more everyday. -1 for Sith wisdom.

By the way, if anyone cares, I'm not really all that cocerned with my own points but I never wanted Light Side. If any one feels like helping me get back to my natural force alignment, please feel free.

This is what i wake up and read out loud every morning. My points may as well reflect that but it's not a big deal. I'm just glad to be here. Smiley

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #53203 on: April 27, 2021, 05:05:05 PM »

By the way, if anyone cares, I'm not really all that concerned with my own points but I never wanted Light Side. If any one feels like helping me get back to my natural force alignment, please feel free.

Mistakes were made, but they shall be corrected... (adding such things into a signature can help though)

Side Note: good tip on ideology for cutting down blades in your other post, rational step to minimize errors while maximizing potential reach.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #53204 on: April 27, 2021, 05:18:48 PM »

I like the way you think more and more everyday. -1 for Sith wisdom.

By the way, if anyone cares, I'm not really all that cocerned with my own points but I never wanted Light Side. If any one feels like helping me get back to my natural force alignment, please feel free.

This is what i wake up and read out loud every morning. My points may as well reflect that but it's not a big deal. I'm just glad to be here. Smiley
-1 point for you, Bee (we'll get your alignment squared with the Dark Side soon enough  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 ... 3545 3546 [3547] 3548 3549 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: