Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Poe Dameron  (Read 5147 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: March 13, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »

So does anyone have any close up picture references of Poe Dameron's boots? Thinking of putting together his costume. Found a cool jacket with different color versions so and possibly the most accurate beige shirt too to use. I was going to do the brown jacket costume version not the x-wing pilot costume version. He's the only character from TFA I feel I could pull off Tongue I actually want to do this one too. I know the usual cap-100 boots could probably work though. But thanks for any help on that. The pants might be kinda hard to find too though. But to me they seem to be dark brown maybe?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:53:18 PM »

Here you go

Here is a picture straight off the movie so you can get kind of a look.  This is the best view of his boots in the movie. I just happen to be watching it and hit rewind and shot a pic with my phone. 

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 01:53:30 AM »

It looks like to me some dark brown Khaki pants would probably work out great.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 05:56:29 AM »

Nice. Thanks. I actually found a site that sells blank boots that they probably used for him. Just gotta block the logo somehow. Just not sure where to get a quality pistol from besides the Nerf one and paint it up Tongue Found a cool jacket to eventually get too on amazon that sells it in different color versions too. I'll post it later if anyones interested. Actually forgot about that scene though and I just watched TFA again over the weekend Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 06:21:40 AM »

The Rebel Legion is your friend here. They have a decent section on most costumes(on the good side).

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 06:28:51 PM »

Mostly for Finn though nothing on Poe yet Tongue

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 02:08:58 AM »

Mostly for Finn though nothing on Poe yet Tongue

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70794

Haven't read it, but found that with a quick search.

There doesn't appear to be a standard for it yet, if that's so them its because people simply haven't been approved or created the standard for it. Best bet is you just re watch the opening over and over, get plenty of screen shots from every angle you can, and get some shots of Finn wearing the jacket in different lighting. Also search for who has done Finn wearing Poe's jacket as a costume to give you more ideas on the jacket. Then there is always google, lots of image searches will help.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

seaofkyber
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 02:03:17 AM »

I believe the boot company that did the boots for Rey are releasing an almost exact replica of Poe's boots if you're willing to buy instead of make. Or you could use their version as a reference when they put up more pics I guess?

You can call me Sea.
Apprentice LE V4

LS points please Smiley

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 03:42:29 AM »

Why aren't they black?

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 05:07:34 AM »

Why aren't they black?

Nor do they look particularly accurate... And no self respecting resistance member would advertise their allegiance with their emblem on their boots Tongue

Marketing really.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »

Yeah they actually have black Wellington boots too but a blank canvas type style, just look under boots. I did find that store though. As I start to get stuff I'll post some pictures =] Only hardest part will be the tan shirt unless I have someone make it for me to be accurate

seaofkyber
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 11:12:18 AM »

Basically, they're just taking the base boots they used in the movie, giving them some slight changes and renaming them. Probably 'cause disney realized they where selling really well.

These are the ones actually used in the movie, but the costume department put on a lot of leather dye and weathered them to hell by the looks of it.

If you're going for screen accurate these are the ones rebel legion people go for. Some people go for the already black ones though for ease. The well 2 boots on the site, kind of expensive.

You can call me Sea.
Apprentice LE V4

LS points please Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: