Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Just an unboxing vid, nothing special really.  (Read 2994 times)
Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« on: March 14, 2017, 09:46:36 AM »

Like the title says. Just opening up a box.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkIHt0SYa5U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkIHt0SYa5U</a>

I talk briefly about about my Yari and what I have planned for it relating to one of my build threads.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 11:15:50 AM »

BAH!!

Isola, you're just not having much luck getting precisely what you want man.  Undecided

I'm pretty excited to see the end result of your yari build.  Sounds spectacular.  Smiley

Great vid in any case.

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 11:27:59 AM »

BAH!!

Isola, you're just not having much luck getting precisely what you want man.  Undecided

I'm pretty excited to see the end result of your yari build.  Sounds spectacular.  Smiley

Great vid in any case.

+1

No I'm not  Cry and I'm kind of on the fence now with future orders which is annoying me and disappointing me at the same time. I've had to pull the pin on my Emperor's Hand order for now because that was going to be an all out Emerald saber (my first Emerald) but now I just can't bring myself to do it in case something goes wrong. I mean the Bane will probably be ok because I'm going to build that one myself and customize it a bit so I won't be expecting anything other than a shell. However (if I do buy it) I will absolutely be making sure BEFORE I buy it that it is still the same as pictured, described and as it is in the video.

I still need to get the gear that didn't come with my last order, so I will order SOMETHING else. But at this point I'm thinking it's probably just going to be a grab bag that can wind up being another planet build.

I don't know. S*** happens, I guess.

But thanks for the view, reply and point (one back at you), LR! I'm looking forward to finishing up that build too. It's been a bit of fun doing something different  Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 12:02:07 PM »

I mean the Bane will probably be ok because I'm going to build that one myself and customize it a bit so I won't be expecting anything other than a shell. However (if I do buy it) I will absolutely be making sure BEFORE I buy it that it is still the same as pictured, described and as it is in the video.
Be aware that the emitter on the Bane is NOT MHS. 

I have an EH, and really like it.  Exactly how I pictured it.  The finish on it is so cool.  It makes the light do this "rainbow" effect. Smiley

Doing the install on that one myself as well, and it's my first, in fact.  Waiting on parts...review very soon - hopefully.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 12:20:11 PM »

Be aware that the emitter on the Bane is NOT MHS. 

I have an EH, and really like it.  Exactly how I pictured it.  The finish on it is so cool.  It makes the light do this "rainbow" effect. Smiley

Doing the install on that one myself as well, and it's my first, in fact.  Waiting on parts...review very soon - hopefully.

That's ok, I don't need the emitter to be MHS Smiley but thanks for the heads up in case I'd missed it Smiley

I'm not looking an MHS four piece saber to REPLACE the Arbiter or anything. I am just thinking what best to use the guts in so they aren't wasted.

I'm just going to live through all of you guys who've bought the EH, I think. Looking forward to seeing your completed build!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »

The yari + Warglaive build looks so unique - thanks for the share Isola and points to you bro!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 06:54:03 PM »

Godd video, but hate to see you so disappointed, I like the sound of your plans man, looking forward to seeing them all come together. really sorry you struck out on the Arbiter, that really blows... its a fine looking saber otherwise.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »

Godd video, but hate to see you so disappointed, I like the sound of your plans man, looking forward to seeing them all come together. really sorry you struck out on the Arbiter, that really blows... its a fine looking saber otherwise.

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting that custom finished for sure!

For now the Arbiter has been sent to the corner

And it can sit there and think about what it's done lol.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 03:06:15 AM »

Wow it's guts, did you have to get that hot glue off the switch to get it out or did you ask for the switch not to be glued in?

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 03:08:45 AM »

Wow it's guts, did you have to get that hot glue off the switch to get it out or did you ask for the switch not to be glued in?

I just cut the glue out with a knife. Heaps easier than melting it. One slice straight down through each end and then pry off the two half donuts and out it comes.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 03:12:55 AM »

I just cut the glue out with a knife. Heaps easier than melting it. One slice straight down through each end and then pry off the two half donuts and out it comes.

Really , I never considered that. I guess you can get a knife down in there.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 08:07:12 AM »

Really , I never considered that. I guess you can get a knife down in there.

It's so much easier to pry hot glue off than it is to clean hot glue up. You could even just pry it all off the inside wall with a screw driver until you can push the button out the top. Once you cut the wires just pull the guts out with the donut of hot glue still around the wires.

I did briefly toy with the idea of just making a build out of this saber and ordering a stunt Bane to swap the electronics from one to the other... but once I noticed the covertech wheel was installed drunk

I just ripped it apart in a rage and put it all into boxes to await trial for it's crimes. That was just the cherry on top for this one.

So in an unboxing thread... I put stuff into boxes  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy LMAO  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 12:50:27 PM »

Ha ha I guess that is a little crooked. Shouldn't laugh actually sorry. I guess I'm starting to see it through your eyes.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 01:16:29 PM »

Ha ha I guess that is a little crooked. Shouldn't laugh actually sorry. I guess I'm starting to see it through your eyes.

You can laugh. I have done. It got to the stage that laughing was all I could do to not lose my mind  Cheesy  Shocked Cheesy

But on the bright side I have learned some things to make future purchases (if any) better.

1. NEVER request a covertec install. I'll just do them myself from now on if I buy any other sabers.

and

2. ALWAYS confirm there have been no changes before buying, and that any equipment or accessories CAN be provided the way you want. Even if that means missing out on a flash sale.

Like I said, s*** happens. I just wish it would happen somewhere else, because my wallet is sick of it lol

Life will go on though  Wink

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 01:59:05 PM »

That's great advice. I agree.👍