Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Archon V2 Obi Wan Mod  (Read 4823 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 12:09:18 AM »

Thanks very much, I'm just thrilled with this saber!

Your Obi-Wan mod is complete. point to you. MTFBWY!

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »

Awesome JdiKnhtJMH!

Great work. Smiley

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 09:25:02 PM »

Awesome JdiKnhtJMH!

Great work. Smiley

+1

Thanks very much. This was my most difficult mod yet but I'm glad I got it done.

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 06:55:00 PM »

Thanks very much. This was my most difficult mod yet but I'm glad I got it done.
I really like the mods you made to make your Archon closer to Obi-Wan's.  Question: have you attempted (or even desired) to add an activation box?  I was thinking of doing something VERY similar but to the Archon v3 but I'm not certain as to which hardware is best for the mod (maybe a graflex clamp but after that...I just don't know  Tongue).

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »

I really like the mods you made to make your Archon closer to Obi-Wan's.  Question: have you attempted (or even desired) to add an activation box?  I was thinking of doing something VERY similar but to the Archon v3 but I'm not certain as to which hardware is best for the mod (maybe a graflex clamp but after that...I just don't know  Tongue).

The Graflex clamp fits nicely on the Archon once you bend the clamp section inwards.

Some weathering on the hilt and the classic pommel (I removed all the anodizing on my pommel after this picture) and you've got a pretty decent V2 hilt

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 07:19:21 PM »

The Graflex clamp fits nicely on the Archon once you bend the clamp section inwards.

Some weathering on the hilt and the classic pommel (I removed all the anodizing on my pommel after this picture) and you've got a pretty decent V2 hilt

YES!  This is EXACTLY what I was hoping  Smiley  TYVM,  projectno253!  BTW, what hardware do you have as the box top?  Looks like an integrated circuit board....FANTASTIC looking saber!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 07:22:20 PM »

YES!  This is EXACTLY what I was hoping  Smiley  TYVM,  projectno253!  BTW, what hardware do you have as the box top?  Looks like an integrated circuit board....FANTASTIC looking saber!

Thanks  Smiley I was temporarily trying out the clamp that came with my Graflex 2.0, which came with the standard gold circuit card. Any number of places sell a super wide range of these clamps, or if you're going for an Obi wan look you could put a bubble strip on (also included in the Graflex 2.0 kit).

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 07:28:15 PM »

Thanks  Smiley I was temporarily trying out the clamp that came with my Graflex 2.0, which came with the standard gold circuit card. Any number of places sell a super wide range of these clamps, or if you're going for an Obi wan look you could put a bubble strip on (also included in the Graflex 2.0 kit).
Oh HECK yes!  Ah, I have seen the bubble strips w/ the clamps before.  Honestly, I think I prefer the circuit board.  So the Graflex 2.0 kit comes w/ both the circuit board and the bubble strip?  Thanks for the info, projecno253  Grin 

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2017, 07:29:53 PM »

Oh HECK yes!  Ah, I have seen the bubble strips w/ the clamps before.  Honestly, I think I prefer the circuit board.  So the Graflex 2.0 kit comes w/ both the circuit board and the bubble strip?  Thanks for the info, projecno253  Grin 

Yup. Looking it up will show all the parts included.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 05:16:34 AM »

I don't want a big box to get in the way of my hand movement during a duel. HOWEVER, I would really like to have the gold circuit board plate as an ornament just stuck right on the saber. I'm considering getting one from slothfurnace and just fixing it on with tiny screws or j b weld or something. The Archon V3 looks awesome, I just didnt get one because I like being able to use midgrade ultraedge blades. Good luck with it though, I'd be glad to see that when you finish.

Oh wow thats beautiful!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: