Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: WINDOWS: Ultrasabers Launcher with Diamond Controller UPDATED 01-11-2018  (Read 141577 times)
projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 03:26:45 AM »

Oh man, that's a lot of good information. I'll try and reply to all I can think of lol.

The new sensitivity sounds like a really good addition in terms of just having a quality board. I heard of boards from the other guys having really good sensors in general, so I would assume this is bumped right up there now.

Drats I say about the lack of multiple power ons (especially after I pestered Marlena at US CS so much about it  Grin ) maybe they will add that function in eventually.

On a related note, I wonder what the extent of "fully configurable firmware" is. It was said on the data sheet.

I bet that No Mercy font is great now that you can use the spin and stab sounds. Maybe one day I'll give in and buy it. In conjunction with a Diamond Controller.

The gradient power on and off is a small touch but a big plus for me. As close with an LED to a staggered ignition as we can get. That and abnormal ignitions are great, I was wondering if that would ever be possible when I was making my steampunk font for Jediseth and the forum - to have the blade flicker to life. Having abnormal blade flickering and sputtering will be cool for broken/old fonts. Like a very old sith saber, or even just Kylo Ren's

I think that'll be all  Roll Eyes

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 03:39:44 AM »

I bet that No Mercy font is great now that you can use the spin and stab sounds. Maybe one day I'll give in and buy it. In conjunction with a Diamond Controller.

The gradient power on and off is a small touch but a big plus for me. As close with an LED to a staggered ignition as we can get. That and abnormal ignitions are great, I was wondering if that would ever be possible when I was making my steampunk font for Jediseth and the forum - to have the blade flicker to life. Having abnormal blade flickering and sputtering will be cool for broken/old fonts. Like a very old sith saber, or even just Kylo Ren's

I think that'll be all  Roll Eyes
The Sidious No Mercy font I feel is the best most evil sith soundfont out right now. Its just terrifying. How it must sound through one of those 2 watt bass speakers I can only imagine. Though the US speaker handles it just fine and the deep rumbling bass comes across well.

You can definitely do any kind of abnormal blade flickering with the diamond. You can make it change colors or alter the hue of the color. You could set it so it comes on bright at first then dies out and sputters back on. It would just take a lot of work and testing with the points to get it to do what you want. But it can do anything lighting wise. Basically the more detailed or crazy you want to make it, the more work it will take on your part. As you get more experienced using the points it will become easier. Ive only been on it for about two hours and Ive learned enough to get the lighting to do whatever I wanted. Now if I could just figure out how to get my 16 swings and clashes lol

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 03:45:37 AM »

Oh one other important thing I forgot to mention. Editing existing fonts you have on your saber is much easier now, because you can change any one thing, big or little without having to rewrite the entire soundfont to your board again like on the obsidian.

Like suppose I wanted to edit my Sidious font to have a blue FOC instead of the green FOC it has now. I can just go into sounds wizard, click over to impact, click edit effect, change the FOC from green to blue, write to board, and Im done. Saves instantly and the rest of the soundfont stays the same.

Also we're back to the old 5 second button hold for saber deactivation. This was no doubt done because you have to hold the button to also access the on board menu so this way you don't deactivate your saber before you can complete the wrist movement.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 03:53:22 AM »

Anyway. I think Ive done enough work with it for now. Ive got Sidious no mercy and all my blade flickers, pulses,FOC and spin and stab stuff going. I think I just want to actually play with the saber now.
Tommorow Il do Shatterpoint with a purple blade.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 03:55:19 AM »

Oh one other important thing I forgot to mention. Editing existing fonts you have on your saber is much easier now, because you can change any one thing, big or little without having to rewrite the entire soundfont to your board again like on the obsidian.

Like suppose I wanted to edit my Sidious font to have a blue FOC instead of the green FOC it has now. I can just go into sounds wizard, click over to impact, click edit effect, change the FOC from green to blue, write to board, and Im done. Saves instantly and the rest of the soundfont stays the same.

Oh yes, I've obsessed over the new board and have watched all the videos posted. That's a great feature as I often don't feel like making changes to a saber just because of how long it would take to reupload the font.

Are you familiar with the 2w bass speaker? I had always assumed US used that. Is the bass speaker the one with the silver middle concave dish? The only one I had was from the other guys, but I think the poor quality soundboard they use was the only issue -_-

Also, I'm pretty good with picking up programs and stuff, so I'm sure with time and enough fiddling, the new launcher will become natural to use. As it would with anyone who has the desire to learn. After messing with Audacity for a while now, assembling fonts has become such a quick and easy process.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 04:03:41 AM »

If there is are no major problems like the recalls on my car. I think I'm getting one.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 04:06:21 AM »

Are you familiar with the 2w bass speaker? I had always assumed US used that. Is the bass speaker the one with the silver middle concave dish? The only one I had was from the other guys, but I think the poor quality soundboard they use was the only issue -_-

Also, I'm pretty good with picking up programs and stuff, so I'm sure with time and enough fiddling, the new launcher will become natural to use. As it would with anyone who has the desire to learn. After messing with Audacity for a while now, assembling fonts has become such a quick and easy process.

Yep that's the bass speaker. Its a great speaker actually, but if your talking about the soundboard I think you are, yea its pretty terrible lol

Yea if you love to tweak then you're gonna love the Diamond. It seems like a lot at first but in just two hours Ive really learned a lot. I got good with Audacity out of necessity but Im glad the Diamond has so much more memory. To give you an idea, the entire Sidious No mercy soundfont(minus 4 swings and 4 clashes cuz I still haven't figured out how to go past 12) takes up only 20% of one soundbank. And there are 10 soundbanks. More memory than we'll ever need.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 04:07:35 AM »

If there is are no major problems like the recalls on my car. I think I'm getting one.

Grin oh that's good. I wouldn't think there are any major issues, especially as Gorobulus has shown with his hands on work of only a few hours.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2017, 04:08:10 AM »

No major problems. Just a little learning curve that's all. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to add more than 12 swings/clashes, but Im sure its something dumb I just haven't figured out yet.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 04:11:34 AM »

Yep that's the bass speaker. Its a great speaker actually, but if your talking about the soundboard I think you are, yea its pretty terrible lol

Yea if you love to tweak then you're gonna love the Diamond. It seems like a lot at first but in just two hours Ive really learned a lot. I got good with Audacity out of necessity but Im glad the Diamond has so much more memory. To give you an idea, the entire Sidious No mercy soundfont(minus 4 swings and 4 clashes cuz I still haven't figured out how to go past 12) takes up only 20% of one soundbank. And there are 10 soundbanks. More memory than we'll ever need.

I think my jaw dropped when I watched the video and Emory said "...increased processing power...and 256mb of memory compared to the 16mb of the v4..." The increased processing power bit seemed like the usual selling the new item phrase, but I never realized that the v4 was 16mb. It just never registered with me. I hope that we can eventually have more font banks, imagine having 20-30 slots with ample room in each. That'd be just about all the fonts I have, and I'm a nut for sound.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 04:14:36 AM »

No major problems. Just a little learning curve that's all. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to add more than 12 swings/clashes, but Im sure its something dumb I just haven't figured out yet.

Maybe if it's limited to 12 swings now...and it's supposed to be 16...then that must mean multiple swings are coming!!  Shocked I can dream lol. I have 5 power ons from Luke's ROTJ saber in Battlefront that're all explosively loud and want to be used  Grin

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 04:20:44 AM »

Maybe if it's limited to 12 swings now...and it's supposed to be 16...then that must mean multiple swings are coming!!  Shocked I can dream lol. I have 5 power ons from Luke's ROTJ saber in Battlefront that're all explosively loud and want to be used  Grin

Well, I think its more likely that it can already do 16 and I just haven't figured it out yet. As far as the powerons, Sidous no mercy has like 8 powerons. I loaded about 5 of them into the poweron tab and it did let me add them, but when I wrote to board it only took the first poweron. Now that doesn't positively mean you cant have multiple poweron sounds. It may just mean I haven't figured it out yet, much like having 16 swings and clashes. Im hoping Emory sees our little convo here at some point and chimes in on some of this stuff.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2017, 04:39:30 AM »

Well, I think its more likely that it can already do 16 and I just haven't figured it out yet. As far as the powerons, Sidous no mercy has like 8 powerons. I loaded about 5 of them into the poweron tab and it did let me add them, but when I wrote to board it only took the first poweron. Now that doesn't positively mean you cant have multiple poweron sounds. It may just mean I haven't figured it out yet, much like having 16 swings and clashes. Im hoping Emory sees our little convo here at some point and chimes in on some of this stuff.

One can hope. I'm sure the board will be heavily bolstered with updates in its launch.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2017, 04:50:08 AM »

One can hope. I'm sure the board will be heavily bolstered with updates in its launch.

That's true. Im probably one of the first customers to get my hands on the diamond and immediately start tinkering with it so we are still very early on in the new diamond era. I wish I could make a video and actually show you guys what Ive done already, but, well, like a dummy I was just spinning my new saber around and smacking stuff with it and I accidentally smashed my phone to tiny bits. I felt very stupid needless to say lol

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 05:10:17 AM »

That's true. Im probably one of the first customers to get my hands on the diamond and immediately start tinkering with it so we are still very early on in the new diamond era. I wish I could make a video and actually show you guys what Ive done already, but, well, like a dummy I was just spinning my new saber around and smacking stuff with it and I accidentally smashed my phone to tiny bits. I felt very stupid needless to say lol

Shocked Oh man...that's a one in a million shot (I would hope that doesn't happen with too many people)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: