Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: WINDOWS: Ultrasabers Launcher with Diamond Controller UPDATED 01-11-2018  (Read 141600 times)
RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »

Any ideas when a Mac version could be ready for us ?

It's good to find you here!
We're working on the Mac version right now. I can't give an exact term yet, but MAC is our next target.

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 05:08:45 PM »

It's too early to ask, but will multiple sound slots be put in for those other effects with a future update? Also strange to see only one lockup. While that makes sense, Obsidian had multiple slots. Is it even possible for those effects to have multiple slots? Or even is it possible to get into the board's programming to change those parameters...I can't imagine it would be that easy

Everything is possible! 
We'll take into account all your suggestions for future upgrades.

chibilaharl
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2017, 02:12:51 AM »

soooo how do i fix this...  well i cant seem to attach an image, but the launch is tiny, like so small nto all the options fit in the window. running windows 10 in ultra hd but even adjusting to lower resolution doesnt fix it.

SoulF1nder
Force Sensitive

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2017, 12:11:30 PM »

Hi guys!

I read someone speaking about "ramp up" effect when you power your saber on and "ramp down" when you stop it.
Has anyone a video to show the result? Or the effect file to test myself?
I have an ARCHON V2.1 Diamond.

I also had another question: Can we use a gesture to turn the saber on?

Thx for your replies.

SoulF1nder

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2017, 02:48:46 PM »

I also had another question: Can we use a gesture to turn the saber on?

No, you cannot use a gesture to turn the saber on. That might be an interesting feature, but it would greatly increase the standby current, so it would drain the batteries more quickly when not used.

Marius.

SoulF1nder
Force Sensitive

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »

Is it possible to have an option like "easy config" instead of Mad Scientist jewelry precision??
I'm struggling, not of difficulty, but repeatitivity of going through all effects just to edit the major light color...

You should leave the possibility to people to upload a complete soundfont (poweron, swing, ...) like previous Launcher.

I spent 1 hour to adapt color for power on, then had to write down the values, go to next effect (after Writing to saber, disconnect + reconnect), re-adapt the values and go to next... At the 3rd effect I gave up and reset the memory back to factory settings...
I'll never have enough time to set up the color and the effect like I'd like to.
No easy flickering effect (out of list for instance), no option to consider color and sound as 2 separate items like my previous obsidian.

Don't get me wrong, the tailormade power of this think is unbelievable but... I miss the plug, upload a soundfont in minute, unplug and play. It's more plug, set up, write, reset up, tweak, adjust, correct, cancel, retry, give up, stay with factory tune, play (lost 15 minutes for no result)...

I have 20 soundfonts now useless as I can't fix myself on this more than an hour...

So upset... I tought there would be some legacy setting panel for those who just want to change their font in minute and go outside...

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2017, 02:39:46 AM »

Is it possible to have an option like "easy config" instead of Mad Scientist jewelry precision??
I'm struggling, not of difficulty, but repeatitivity of going through all effects just to edit the major light color...

You should leave the possibility to people to upload a complete soundfont (poweron, swing, ...) like previous Launcher.

I spent 1 hour to adapt color for power on, then had to write down the values, go to next effect (after Writing to saber, disconnect + reconnect), re-adapt the values and go to next... At the 3rd effect I gave up and reset the memory back to factory settings...
I'll never have enough time to set up the color and the effect like I'd like to.
No easy flickering effect (out of list for instance), no option to consider color and sound as 2 separate items like my previous obsidian.

Don't get me wrong, the tailormade power of this think is unbelievable but... I miss the plug, upload a soundfont in minute, unplug and play. It's more plug, set up, write, reset up, tweak, adjust, correct, cancel, retry, give up, stay with factory tune, play (lost 15 minutes for no result)...

I have 20 soundfonts now useless as I can't fix myself on this more than an hour...

So upset... I tought there would be some legacy setting panel for those who just want to change their font in minute and go outside...

I felt overwhelmed by the diamond board when I first got mine to. It has so many new features and that translates into something of a learning curve. All I can tell you is that if you keep at it, you WILL get better and faster at it. Im very fast at it now and I could create a brand new soundfont package with sounds, lights, pulses, stabs, FOC etc etc in under a half hour. You just have to spend some time with it. Also try not to let yourself get frustrated. I know that's hard, and all you have to do is read the first few pages of this thread to see how frustrated I got with it lol. But you have plenty of time. The saber is yours, its not going anywhere, and you don't have to learn it all in one night(in fact I advise not trying to, you'll just feel overwhelmed.) Breath, relax, take your time, use the force.  And in time it will come together and youll soon be whipping up complete fonts in no time. Good luck.

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2017, 05:25:14 AM »

Actually there's no need to go into mad scientist mode if you don't want to. You can upload an entire font at once in less than a minute - just go to Font Wizard - Load Font - Write Effects. An entire font is now packaged in a single .PEFF file and Emory provided some predefined fonts here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34478.0. As fonts are now easy to share as a single file, I'm assuming that in time this community will generate even more fonts to choose from.

If you wanna create your own fonts and effects then yes, there's a learning curve, but you don't need to go there if you don't want to. We couldn't make it simple and complex at the same time, and in order to give you full control of the light and sound, we had to provide many options. My advice is to take it one step at a time. As Gorobulus said, the saber is not going anywhere, and you have all the features available without ever editing an effect.

SoulF1nder
Force Sensitive

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2017, 11:17:12 AM »

Actually there's no need to go into mad scientist mode if you don't want to. You can upload an entire font at once in less than a minute - just go to Font Wizard - Load Font - Write Effects. An entire font is now packaged in a single .PEFF file and Emory provided some predefined fonts here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34478.0. As fonts are now easy to share as a single file, I'm assuming that in time this community will generate even more fonts to choose from.

If you wanna create your own fonts and effects then yes, there's a learning curve, but you don't need to go there if you don't want to. We couldn't make it simple and complex at the same time, and in order to give you full control of the light and sound, we had to provide many options. My advice is to take it one step at a time. As Gorobulus said, the saber is not going anywhere, and you have all the features available without ever editing an effect.

Thx for your replies guys.
I guess I wrote my first thoughts pretty frustrated indeed Wink

Maybe I should more go out for help than tweaking handlers myself to get nowhere...
Can someone show me how a good flinkering effect's curves should look like in the effect wizard?
I'm struggling too much... I just wanna be able to teach on Thursday with my favourite purple color with flikker effect and blue Foc.

Thanks.

Beside that I must mention it again, the new Launcher looks amazing and the flexibility it delivers is unprecedented.
Some users just wanna be able to chose from easy lists and easy preconfigs.

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2017, 04:13:32 PM »

Can someone show me how a good flinkering effect's curves should look like in the effect wizard?

Here's how a flickering effect looks like:
- Go to Font Wizard
- Select the Obsidian font
- Go to Lockup Effect
- Click on Edit Effect
- Enlarge the Power effect with the "+" button
- Zoom in and scroll to the left

You'll see a single short pulse on White channel, while all the other colors are kept as a straight line. This pulse is repeated 79 times - you can find the number of repetitions on the upper-left corner of the effect editor, just under the "Clear" button. This is a flicker. You can change it, rename it (upper-right corner), save it and use it on any other font.

Marius.

SoulF1nder
Force Sensitive

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2017, 02:07:31 AM »

My Saber board seems to be broken after I connected it one more time to my pc... The speaker just vibrates and cracks non stop after the launcher disconnected it without notice, just telling afterwards there could be problem with batteries or cable. My recharge port and fast charger don't work, light stays green on the charger... I'll have to go through replacement I assume... I'll take the chance to go for an Emerald instead.

It has been 3 days since I received it so... Too bad for early adopters...

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2017, 03:31:37 AM »

My Saber board seems to be broken after I connected it one more time to my pc... The speaker just vibrates and cracks non stop after the launcher disconnected it without notice, just telling afterwards there could be problem with batteries or cable. My recharge port and fast charger don't work, light stays green on the charger... I'll have to go through replacement I assume... I'll take the chance to go for an Emerald instead.

It has been 3 days since I received it so... Too bad for early adopters...

Have you tried taking the batteries out and recharging them while out of the saber? Can you still connect to the US launcher? If so, theres a diagnose function. If some of the data on the board has been corrupted you can try reformatting the board to factory spec and starting over.

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

SoulF1nder
Force Sensitive

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2017, 05:51:09 AM »

Have you tried taking the batteries out and recharging them while out of the saber? Can you still connect to the US launcher? If so, theres a diagnose function. If some of the data on the board has been corrupted you can try reformatting the board to factory spec and starting over.
Batteries stayed overnight in my former charger I got with my first order so I'm sure it's compatible. The Launcher recognize my Saber but diagnose don't see any errors. I did 2 factory reset without success and I even notice the board got burning hot.  And Saber always does a vibrating sound as I turn it on, even when connected to USB.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »

Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has had the problem with their Diamond Controller that I'm having...

Initialization Error.  Made a post about it over in Technical - here's the link...

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34773.msg558627#new

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

karaokefreak
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 42

German Jedi Academy

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2017, 07:24:42 PM »

Hey guys. I tried installing the new diamond launcher on my windows 10 PC, but it won't install. At all. When I try to start it, it will initiate like for a tenth o a second and then it's all over. Nothing installed.  Please help me. I don't know what to do.

ok, I got the software installed, but it won't recognise my diamond sabre. ... Nothing happens, no matter how often I unplug / replug the USB cable.
When I restart the sabre, the voice will say "initialisation error - connect to the launcher and run the diagnose tool.

Dark Apprentice LE v4 with hilt windows, guardian blue, obsidian lite sound
Apprentice LE v4  consular green, Obsidian Premium Sound
Archon v2.1, Diamond sabre / sound board - it is so awesome
Standard issue battle saber, no sound

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: