Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: WINDOWS: Ultrasabers Launcher with Diamond Controller UPDATED 01-11-2018  (Read 141567 times)
Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2017, 02:15:30 AM »

I absolutely love my lightsaber but I am of the Apple world and therefore unable to make use of the software. Any updates on the availability of the Mac version of the software? I need to make a few slots silent so I don't have to find where my dogs have gone hiding when I light it up.

If you have a Diamond controller there is a silent font. I'm not understanding why you need more than one (slot).

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

bchinth
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2017, 04:47:51 PM »

Hi there,

The installer doesn't work on windows 10 64bit. It still shows " Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item".

I have plugged on the USB and switched on the saber. And i have run the installer with administrator. And it still doesn't work.

How can i fix this?

Regards:
Ben.

May The Force Be With You!!

Obi Wan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2017, 09:05:10 PM »

Hi there,

The installer doesn't work on windows 10 64bit. It still shows " Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item".

I have plugged on the USB and switched on the saber. And i have run the installer with administrator. And it still doesn't work.

How can i fix this?

Regards:
Ben.

I think you should try running the installer first without the saber plugged in and then try plugging in the saber after the software is installed. I just installed the Diamond software last night on my Windows 10 64 bit machine this way and it worked fine. Good luck. I hope you get it working.

Regards,
 Obi Wan

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
   -The Force will be with you, alwaysl-

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2017, 11:26:24 PM »

Also in addition I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I read somewhere you need to check and make sure you have all your updates on your computer done. Someone was complaining a few weeks back about their computer having errors with the software because of a lack of updates. May not be the problem, but worth a try.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

bchinth
Force Sensitive

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2017, 03:52:52 AM »

I think you should try running the installer first without the saber plugged in and then try plugging in the saber after the software is installed. I just installed the Diamond software last night on my Windows 10 64 bit machine this way and it worked fine. Good luck. I hope you get it working.

Regards,
 Obi Wan

Hihi,

I thank you for your reply. i have tried installing without the saber plugged in as mention. still didnt work.

bchinth
Force Sensitive

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2017, 03:55:00 AM »

Also in addition I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I read somewhere you need to check and make sure you have all your updates on your computer done. Someone was complaining a few weeks back about their computer having errors with the software because of a lack of updates. May not be the problem, but worth a try.

Hi thereJediseth,

Just chcked, my system are up to date nothing more to update as of today.

Regards:
Ben.

Hidden Force
Force Sensitive

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2017, 04:02:39 AM »

I have news for Mac users who may be impatient waiting for the controller software. The diamond controller software can be run within a Windows 7 virtual machine within VMware Fusion. The latter does have a $80 price tag, but it is useful for many things (Windows and Linux) and has seamless integration with USB. I have already used it to load alternative font packages (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34478.0) and have even made my own edits (including a Bane's Heart shimmer with an arctic blue FOC).

I hope some find this helpful.

Sabers I have:
   Guardian (Emerald, Obsidian V4)
   Graflex (Diamond)
   Menace SE (Obsidian V3) (2nd prize, Spring 2017 Raffle)
   Dark Initiate LE (Stunt) (Grab Bag)

Light-side points welcome.

Jim Tussing
Force Sensitive

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2017, 04:03:59 PM »

RESERVED FOR MAC VERSION INSTALL LINK & VIDEO

Brand new to Ulta Sabers and have a new Diamond.  Not rushing but just curious where we are with getting a Mac version out?  If it's going to be a while I will get a Windows machine set up. Also, I'm an experienced developer and happy to beta or to help in any way.

Thanks!

Cheule
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

I'll add your sabers to my collection!

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2017, 03:51:34 AM »

It is imperative that you have your diamond controller turned on and plugged in while the installer is running to properly install the drivers.

Updated 04-18-2017 v2.19 The main changes are:
- no need to have the Diamond connected when installing

I read this as: "we don't have to have the diamond controller attached any more in order to install as of v2.19."  If that's correct, maybe the top portion of the post should be amended.

As an aside... another vote for "can't wait for Mac version!"  Thanks for your work on it!

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »

Have had my Lost Gray upgraded to Diamond, and whilst I'm mostly happy with it, I'm getting pretty frustrated with some of the effects not working after saving them.
For example, I click on Edit Effect, add sound(s) and LED effects, test them, they work fine, so I save the effect. Then I go back to Font Selection, click on Load Effect, click on the effect I just saved, and when I go to test it, nothing happens. So I click on Edit Effect again, then get a message "Cannot read file xxxx.wav: Does not exist or cannot be opened"
I've used Goldwave to save the sound files as Mono 48000 Hertz Uncompressed wav files, but still no joy - getting a little peed off with it now, to be frank

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Obi Wan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2017, 09:45:04 PM »

Have had my Lost Gray upgraded to Diamond, and whilst I'm mostly happy with it, I'm getting pretty frustrated with some of the effects not working after saving them.
For example, I click on Edit Effect, add sound(s) and LED effects, test them, they work fine, so I save the effect. Then I go back to Font Selection, click on Load Effect, click on the effect I just saved, and when I go to test it, nothing happens. So I click on Edit Effect again, then get a message "Cannot read file xxxx.wav: Does not exist or cannot be opened"
I've used Goldwave to save the sound files as Mono 48000 Hertz Uncompressed wav files, but still no joy - getting a little peed off with it now, to be frank

I feel the same my fellow Jedi. Here is a copy below of a post I made in another thread. I'm trying to be patient because the software is so new and they need some time to work out the bugs. Hopefully it will only get better.

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with creating and saving Diamond fonts without the saber plugged in so that these fonts could be loaded quickly and easily into the saber at a later time. Here is what I did.
 1) I opened the Ultrasabers Launcher as administrator and then click the Diamond Tab.
 2) I click on the font editor tab and then click the load font tab
 3) I load one of the Default fonts such as the standard Obsidian font.
 4) I then choose an effect from the column list on the left (Tag effect, Power on effect, etc..) and click the Edit Effect button.
 5) I then make some edits to the lighting effect and I also delete the existing Sound effect and upload a new Sound Effect.
 6) I then rename the effect and click the Apply to Font tab
 7) I then exit the Effect Editor and go back to the Effects Wizard and choose the next effect and repeat steps 1-7.
  Lastly, I select the Write Font tab on the left side and then click the Save Font button on the lower right.
 9) I name the font I just created and then I save the .pfnt file to a folder of my choice.

The problem I am having is when I later go to load the font and write it to the saber, some of the sound files that I attached to the effects don't show up.
The sound files for the Tag, Power on, Power off, Idle, Force, and Gesture are just not showing up. When I click on the Edit Effect button, an error message saying "Cannot read file- Does not exist or cannot be opened" pops up. The sound files for all the other Effects, however, do show up fine.

Has anyone else tried this and experienced the same issue? It would be nice to be able to edit/create fonts and then save them for later use without the saber plugged or having to write them to the saber straight away.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
   -The Force will be with you, alwaysl-

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2017, 09:48:48 AM »

Did the same thing to try and get around the problem Obi Wan, created a font without the sabre plugged in, and still no joy. Weird thing is, I've used the same wav files for my Obsidian V3/4 sabres, with no problems at all!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »

I've found that the Diamond Controller doesn't like spaces in file names. Any time I get this error it's usually because my .wav file has a space in the filename.

Fulcrum - Diamond RGBW; SRD w/ FoC AS
Curved Azure Reaper - Emerald RGBW; AB w/ FoC PO
Standard Issue Battle Saber V3- Stunt GB w/ blue guarded switch
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber V3 - Stunt AS w/ black AV Switch
Dominix LE V2 - Stunt BR w/ red guarded switch

Felinus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2017, 05:46:44 PM »

I've found that the Diamond Controller doesn't like spaces in file names. Any time I get this error it's usually because my .wav file has a space in the filename.

It also only uses the first ~5 characters of the .wav. So, if you name your files like:
sound-font1-swing1.wav
sound-font1-swing2.wav
etc.
It won't work.

You need to use very short file names like:
sfsw1.wav
sfsw2.wav
etc.

I was running into this problem for a while.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2017, 07:13:52 PM »

It also only uses the first ~5 characters of the .wav. So, if you name your files like:
sound-font1-swing1.wav
sound-font1-swing2.wav
etc.
It won't work.

You need to use very short file names like:
sfsw1.wav
sfsw2.wav
etc.

I was running into this problem for a while.

How have you guys figured out that these are the solutions?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: