Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: WINDOWS: Ultrasabers Launcher with Diamond Controller UPDATED 01-11-2018  (Read 141576 times)
Felinus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2017, 09:03:30 PM »

How have you guys figured out that these are the solutions?

Looking carefully at the error messages? Just trial & error? dealing with lots of buggy boutique software in my day job?...

Actually, I have a fairly long list of observations, bugs, ideas, etc. about the Diamond board/software. I'm not sure where to post that, but I suppose will just post it all here in one or more threads. I think there's a lot more potential with this board than people are realizing... I've had it a few weeks, and thinking of all kinds of stuff, modifying/making fonts, etc etc etc... 

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2017, 09:45:16 PM »

Hey all , was going to be purchasing a diamond board saber but all these niggles are making me think twice and i might just go with emerald board . quick question, can you cycle through different colours just by changing font like on the diamond? or can you only have one colour at a time on the saber . thanks

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2017, 12:11:36 AM »

Hey all , was going to be purchasing a diamond board saber but all these niggles are making me think twice and i might just go with emerald board . quick question, can you cycle through different colours just by changing font like on the diamond? or can you only have one colour at a time on the saber . thanks

No, you have one color across all fonts with the Emerald board. You have to reconnect it to your computer to change the color.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

Cheule
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

I'll add your sabers to my collection!

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2017, 05:23:38 PM »

Quote from: kooky
Owning both Emerald and Diamond drivers, I can tell you that the Diamond is better in every way.   Don't hesitate.  The Emerald was a PITA to change blade colors.  You had to be near a computer.

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2017, 11:18:44 AM »

Brand new to Ulta Sabers and have a new Diamond.  Not rushing but just curious where we are with getting a Mac version out?  If it's going to be a while I will get a Windows machine set up. Also, I'm an experienced developer and happy to beta or to help in any way.

Thanks!

Well, if you're not rushing then don't get a Windows machine yet. It's a matter of weeks until we'll release the Mac version.

Marius.

Cheule
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

I'll add your sabers to my collection!

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2017, 11:00:36 PM »

Well, if you're not rushing then don't get a Windows machine yet. It's a matter of weeks until we'll release the Mac version.

Marius.

I think he meant "virtual machine."  As in, Parallels Desktop or VMWare.  And If he did, I don't recommend either because of the iffy USB support through either of those.  However, if you do a dual boot, i.e. install Windows 10 via BootCamp, it all works perfectly.  That's what I currently have, a Mac Pro with dual boot into Windows 10.  Been using the Diamond software for a while.

However, back when it was the Emerald software only, I'll say that the Mac version was a tad better than the windows counterpart (mostly from the device discovery aspect).  So perhaps it's best to wait for that as Marcus says.

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2017, 09:26:32 PM »

Owning both Emerald and Diamond drivers, I can tell you that the Diamond is better in every way.   Don't hesitate.  The Emerald was a PITA to change blade colors.  You had to be near a computer.

Cool thanks , after thinking about it I'm actually going to be happy out for a long time with all the standard colours and fonts so i just ordered a prophecy v3 with the diamond controller . having to plug it in to change colour on the emerald board would annoy me Cheesy

popefish
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2017, 10:53:39 AM »

If you have a Diamond controller there is a silent font. I'm not understanding why you need more than one (slot).

I am sure my terminology is the issue here. I need to associate the silent font with a few of the different blade colors. The ability to change colors without hooking the saber up to a computer was a major factor in my choosing the diamond controller. My inquiry was simply to find out if the Mac version of the software is on the horizon. I found a post later in this thread suggesting it is a couple of weeks out.

Darth Barton
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2017, 04:08:49 PM »

Marius.

Getting closer to releasing the Mac version yet?

Diamond Staff: Dark Sentinel V4, Red AV Switch / Dominix V4, Blue AV Switch
Prophecy V3 Blazing Red, V4 Sound, Red Av Switch - Emerald Nickel Plated Monarch, Red AV Switch - Chosen One CE Blazing Red, V4 Sound, Red AV Switch - Archon V3.1 TRI Consular Green (+V2 emitter) V4 Sound, Green AV Switch - Dark Initiate LE V4 Tri Blazing Red Obsidian Lite Sound - Dark Sentinel LE V4 Tri Guardian Blue Obsidian Lite Sound - Stunt Dark Initiate V2 Tri Guardian Blue

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »

Getting closer to releasing the Mac version yet?

Close enough, we're running some final tests, so it should be a matter of days.

Cheers,
Adrian

Darth Barton
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2017, 04:03:29 PM »

Cheers,
Adrian

Excellent news! Thanks for the quick response, can't wait to try it out.

Prophecy V3 Blazing Red, V4 Sound, Red Av Switch - Emerald Nickel Plated Monarch, Red AV Switch - Chosen One CE Blazing Red, V4 Sound, Red AV Switch - Archon V3.1 TRI Consular Green (+V2 emitter) V4 Sound, Green AV Switch - Dark Initiate LE V4 Tri Blazing Red Obsidian Lite Sound - Dark Sentinel LE V4 Tri Guardian Blue Obsidian Lite Sound - Stunt Dark Initiate V2 Tri Guardian Blue

Jason whitehead
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2017, 10:24:47 PM »

I have a Macbook 10.10.5 Yosemite and paid for the Diamond controller already ...is my system capatible?

Darth Barton
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2017, 10:04:13 PM »

I have a Macbook 10.10.5 Yosemite and paid for the Diamond controller already ...is my system capatible?

I think you should be good, once the MacBook version is released.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »

Had a nice Live Chat with Alexa today regarding the Launcher - it's not required to install older versions, but it's recommended! See the Chat protocol here:

Alexa: Hello! How can Ultrasabers help you with your saber needs today?
Me: Hi Alexa, I've got a question regarding the Diamond board and the Ultrasabers Launcher program: Is it still necessary to uninstall all older versions of the Launcher before installing the latest version? There was a question on the forum, but I haven't come across an answer so far Sad
Alexa: One moment
It isnt required but it is recommended
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Me: No, that's it for the moment.
Alexa: Thanks for choosing Ultrasabers. Feel free to email us at info@ultrasabers.com or catch us on Live Chat here if you have any questions. 
Thank you for contacting us.
Chat session disconnected.

Hope that clarifies the situation Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »

Cheers,
Adrian

Hi there - any update on when the Mac launcher will be released?

Fulcrum - Diamond RGBW; SRD w/ FoC AS
Curved Azure Reaper - Emerald RGBW; AB w/ FoC PO
Standard Issue Battle Saber V3- Stunt GB w/ blue guarded switch
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber V3 - Stunt AS w/ black AV Switch
Dominix LE V2 - Stunt BR w/ red guarded switch

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: