Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Author Topic: WINDOWS: Ultrasabers Launcher with Diamond Controller UPDATED 01-11-2018  (Read 141574 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2019, 06:33:16 PM »

Great! Seems like my suggestion to contact them was a good idea...Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2019, 11:42:24 PM »

Great! Seems like my suggestion to contact them was a good idea...Wink
Not to put too fine a point on it, your suggestion to contact them was THE good idea!  Point incoming.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2019, 01:38:21 PM »

Good news!

I have spoken with the folks at RSX Engineering (the team who brought us the Launcher software), and they say that an update is coming in mid-September to address this compatibility issue, and it is expected to have some fixes and updates, too.  Also, note that there is an update to the Windows version coming in mid-September, too.

Hi everyone,

indeed, the current ETA for the 64 bit version for Mac with a few updates is in the middle of September or sooner. We'll also release a corresponding updated version for Windows around the same time (with a few fixes and updates). The current version of the Launcher software is 2.45 the next version will be 2.64 which coincidentally will match with the 64bit release for MAC.

Your RSX Engineering team.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2019, 11:13:36 PM »

That's great news!  I just recently bought a new 27" iMac (top tier, all the upgrades, upgraded to 128GB RAM).  I'd hate to have to use my POS Dell.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

darkknight216
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2019, 01:32:51 AM »

How do I install the newest launcher after unzipping it 250 version does not show install.exe or anything like that just random files and some that say install but are dat files?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2019, 12:10:26 PM »

The v2.50 isn't released for Windows systems yet. What you have there is probably the Mac version, which has already been released.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

pentacro
Force Sensitive

« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2019, 09:03:37 PM »

Can anyone help please, i just got my first saber and no  matter what i try i cant manage to connect it to the software..  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
I tried all combinations  people suggested here, ran it in compatibility modes, as admin ofcourse, started with saber on and unplugged, on and plugged in, off and plugged, off and unplugged, with and without program running.......... all kinds of combinations you can think of and none work. Ive got a mild headache from all this and its still driving me nuts that i cant seem to make it work, and im by no means a tech noob lol.

The program opens and works fine, is up to date but it just doesnt detect the saber.
My usb cable is fine and working and the ports are fine also, device management also shows no "yellow triangles"

I have windows 10 if that matters..

On a side note, is there a video somewhere how to remove the rechargable li-ion batteries from the speaker assembly without ruining the thing to charge with the xtar vc2 plus charger?

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2019, 09:43:02 PM »

My question is, have you plugged a different device into the usb cable that is plugged into the same usb port that you've been trying to connect thru? Something like an android phone, tablet, fan, external hard drive, etc, to make sure you're getting connection thru that port and cable? Also, is it a usb 2.0 port? Newer usb ports (usb 3.0 and above), may not like to connect the lightsaber.

I'm trying to knock out the likely suspects here, seems like you have been trying the different suggestions in other threads.

Also, what sound card lightsaber are you trying to connect? An Obsidian v3/v4, Emerald LED driver, or Diamond controller?

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

pentacro
Force Sensitive

« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2019, 02:19:23 PM »

My question is, have you plugged a different device into the usb cable that is plugged into the same usb port that you've been trying to connect thru? Something like an android phone, tablet, fan, external hard drive, etc, to make sure you're getting connection thru that port and cable? Also, is it a usb 2.0 port? Newer usb ports (usb 3.0 and above), may not like to connect the lightsaber.

I'm trying to knock out the likely suspects here, seems like you have been trying the different suggestions in other threads.

Also, what sound card lightsaber are you trying to connect? An Obsidian v3/v4, Emerald LED driver, or Diamond controller?

Look, i said that the port and cable work. The ports ive been trying have all been connected to ext. hdd''s and have worked and still work 100%. And i have the diamond board lightsaber.

My laptop has 2 usb 3 and a single usb 2 port and none of them work with the lightsaber.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2019, 07:08:32 PM »

Did you also run the installer as admin? That's the only thing I can think of right now...and low batteries. They can cause connection problems as well...

Sig by Master Nero

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2019, 08:05:40 PM »

Best way I know of to remove the batteries is to use a tool (screwdriver, guitar pic, something similar) and push from 1/2 way down the battery, levering towards the button top of the battery. This for me puts the least amount of strain on the battery and holder.

Only thing I can think of as the reason that the Diamond controller in the lightsaber to not connect, from all you have provided, is that the usb port is not working. There may be a crack in one of the solder joints, maybe one of the pins is bent, but only going by the info given, you MAY have to put a ticket in and request the lightsaber be sent to UltraSabers for repair. I have almost 2 dozen Diamond controller US lightsabers and all work and connect, but there have been a couple people who have had the usb connector fail. One even reported (with pictures) the usb port fell off. Production standards are pretty tight, but things do break.

Note: At this busy time of the year and the pending Star Wars movie release, they are swamped and may not be able to get your lightsaber sent and checked over in a timely manner.

pentacro
Force Sensitive

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »

yeah to the above, i always ran it as admin ofcourse and the usb ports on my laptop are definitely not broken. Perhaps the mini connector on the light saber is broken, but i cant see that. Im not a n electrician.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2019, 02:43:59 AM »

Does the lightsaber do anything when you try to connect to the PC? First time connection should try and install the usb device (the lightsaber), just like any other usb peripheral. If it doesn't, then it most probably is the lightsaber being the problem.

Silly question. The lightsaber, in regular use, works? You can change to the different fonts (Obsidian, Ancient Saber, Black Star, etc)?

pentacro
Force Sensitive

« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2019, 08:15:24 PM »

Does the lightsaber do anything when you try to connect to the PC? First time connection should try and install the usb device (the lightsaber), just like any other usb peripheral. If it doesn't, then it most probably is the lightsaber being the problem.

Silly question. The lightsaber, in regular use, works? You can change to the different fonts (Obsidian, Ancient Saber, Black Star, etc)?

Yes the saber works normally as far as i can tell, i can change fonts, volume up and down works and it charges.

And no, nothing happened when i plugged it in.  To be honest i havent seen that message pop up in a loooong time (installing drivers or detecting new things) and i frequently plug in new things into my ports that work normally without that message.

IF it failed to install or didnt recognize it, it would show up with a yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in the device manager im guessing.... so thats not it either..

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2019, 08:27:56 PM »

What kind of USB cord do you use? Keep in mind that there are different types - some can only transport power, other transport power and data. You definitely need a cord that can transport power and data.

I've been thinking about your problem for quite some time now, and what I find odd is that you don't get any message. Not even an error message in the Device Manager. Which can only mean that there's something that either blocks data transfer (for example a damaged cord or USB port (which doesn't seem to be the case from what you said)) or the cord is an "only power" type. The problem is, you can't distinguish between the types by looking at them. Cords that normally work are for example HDD cords or game controller charging cords because those are designed for power and data transfer.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: