Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Questions  (Read 31484 times)
StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 03:26:36 AM »

I love how all of your minds just "go to work" on this. It's pretty great  Cheesy

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 01:11:11 PM »

Twist to change fonts:  A pretty neat feature, as long as it consistently works.  I wonder if there's still a way to do it manually as well.

I honestly can't see using the gestures very often myself, since I don't often want colour changing - one colour is often enough for me.

I'm very interested to hear the new sounds, and see the lights effects though. 

I can truly say that I might only ever own one of these boards - two at most.  The added flicker, and ramping on/off will make that extremely difficult though.

V4 is still ample and great in most cases - for me at least is all...

VERY cool new tech indeed...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 03:46:59 PM »

Twist to change fonts:  A pretty neat feature, as long as it consistently works.  I wonder if there's still a way to do it manually as well.

Yeah, this concerns me some... I have no desire to be accidentally changing fonts all the time, and to create a movement that is distinct enough that it would be unlikely to be accidentally activate, seems rather slim to me.

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 06:33:31 PM »

I think I saw that you have to press the button and enter the menus to get to the twist to change fonts. This should keep you from doing it accidentally.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »

Cool, that is certainly better, thanks DC. Will have to go back and watch the vids again, I obviously missed bits.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 06:45:35 PM »

Yeah, he says in the video that you need to hold the button. Thankful for that, wouldn't want to jump into the menu (and hear that annoying voice...no offense to whoever did that Grin ).

When I did saber training in Italy they used sabers that turned on and off with weird positions. Of course the thing would always turn off when I didn't want it to.

Tehraisinbran
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

I... Am a Revanite.

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 10:10:59 PM »

From dinking around with mine, you have to really try to get it in the menu. Not that it's hard; just that it's a very specific set of motions that you wouldn't normally do while... well, doing much else, really. Especially dueling.

Current Sabers owned:
     Diamond Dark Catalyst

Grey jedi leaning towards the dark side

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 01:26:48 AM »

Has it been confirmed whether or not you can choose different blade colors for the different sound fonts?

Like if you set it to the Obsidian font, your saber is blue, or you switch it to Blackstar, your saber is red?

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 01:29:01 AM »

From dinking around with mine, you have to really try to get it in the menu. Not that it's hard; just that it's a very specific set of motions that you wouldn't normally do while... well, doing much else, really. Especially dueling.

You got one? Can you do a review video? Wondering if they put stab and swing sounds in there or not.

Has it been confirmed whether or not you can choose different blade colors for the different sound fonts?

Like if you set it to the Obsidian font, your saber is blue, or you switch it to Blackstar, your saber is red?

I think that's one of the biggest features of the new board. I don't know why everyone keeps asking (not to offend), but with all the complex lighting effects they show off, this simple one would 100% be included.

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 01:41:55 AM »

I think the reason this question keeps coming up is that they never specifically say that it does. They also never show it happening in the videos. When Emory changes sound fonts, they all go back to the same blue blade color.  This is major feature, so if they are not specifically saying it is there, why not? That makes it seem like it might not be. It makes sense for it to be there, it should be there, but I still have not been able to get direct verification that it is.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 01:45:35 AM »

I think the reason this question keeps coming up is that they never specifically say that it does. They also never show it happening in the videos. When Emory changes sound fonts, they all go back to the same blue blade color.  This is major feature, so if they are not specifically saying it is there, why not? That makes it seem like it might not be. It makes sense for it to be there, it should be there, but I still have not been able to get direct verification that it is.

A good point. I would certainly hope and expect that they'd have it. The reviews will tell

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 01:57:56 AM »

In this video (at 1:48) Emory makes it clear  Smiley

http://youtu.be/uBnP6jMnG-E?t=108

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBnP6jMnG-E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBnP6jMnG-E</a>

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 02:01:54 AM »

I think that's one of the biggest features of the new board. I don't know why everyone keeps asking (not to offend), but with all the complex lighting effects they show off, this simple one would 100% be included.

DC gave the perfect answer. There is no way I'm going to consider plunking down $500 for something without knowing exactly what it does and does not do.

A lot of the new options made possible with the diamond just aren't that big a deal to me. Being able to change between several colors without having to hook it up to the computer, now that would be something worth considering.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 02:11:11 AM »

In the video above, when Emory first turns on the saber, the blade is blue . . .

When he settles on Blackstar, the blade is yellow . . .

Then, he goes on to make it clear each "font" can have a different blade colour . . . this feature is 100% AWESOME . . .  Cool

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 02:49:25 AM »

Then, he goes on to make it clear each "font" can have a different blade colour . . . this feature is 100% AWESOME . . .  Cool

I sat through a much longer, frankly rambling video with but one question in mind, probably the most obvious and important question, and it was never answered. So yeah... But I'm glad it was eventually answered.

Bummer this comes out a few weeks after I ordered not one but two emerald obsidian v4 ultrasabers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: