Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Questions  (Read 31211 times)
Leefer
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

12!

« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2017, 04:12:00 AM »

Personally, I wouldn't want the ability to control these files. I know myself and I would make a mess. A preset for those familiar with the board would be just fine. I suggest

Menu load= mechanical boot up sound (like the one in the lightmeat sound font or something similar)
Fonts= one beep (I think it is fair to say this will be the one people will be using more)
Gestures=two beeps

Cycling through the gestures would be the problem. You could obviously indicate them by one through five beeps. That might get difficult, especially as you also have to indicate in use or not. There might be a better way.

So here is the thing about Felicia (I have named the menu voice Felicia), it is not so much the voice as the length of the dialogue and the pleasantries. The one that gets me the most is "enjoy your saber". While fully replacing her with beeps would work, I would also be fine with a middle ground. Either using the beeps above and having Felicia do the gesture tags, or just abbreviating what she says.

Menu= load up sound. I still think she is not needed here. When the light goes off, you know where you are.
Fonts= Felicia saying "fonts" or "sound profiles" one or two words, don't get crazy.
Gestures= Felicia saying "gestures"
Gesture cycling= Felicia takes this as at present
Gesture programming= start beep and end beep with the possibility or saying "set"
There need not be an exiting menu sound.

Bye Felicia!  Grin Shocked Cool

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Phantom obsidian *Angelina*
Crimson Scorpion with claw Diamond *Scarlett*
Reaper obsidian *Ripley*
Scorpion emerald *Milla*

A weapon without a name will betray you.

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2017, 10:26:08 PM »

Lots of good information here, thank you, everyone, for sharing. And thank you, Marius, for taking the time to talk to us about it.

I have been told by US customer service that I can send in my sabers for the Diamond upgrade, but it has been five days since I heard from them. I really hope they get back to me soon, I'm very excited to get to work on this! This thread has been helpful in at least planning what I will do when I get my sabers back.

I didn't realize there was a 20-point limit for effects. I absolutely must have a flicker effect, and I know that would eat up a lot of them. A greater number of points would open so many options for complex changes over time. But at least I know I won't be compelled to spend a week setting up a super-lengthy 80-point cross-fading flicker sequence, haha!

It sounds like the current editor could use a lot more editing tools (I'm thinking of mass-selection functions, changing values of multiple points at once, etc.), but it is new and I imagine you are already planning such things for future versions.

I'm glad people raised the subject of the menu voice. I haven't used it yet, but while watching the videos, I could see myself getting annoyed by long audio clips after I've learned how to use it. In particular, I wouldn't want a long spiel to go off if all I'm trying to do is switch it to a silent mode because I'm up late and people are sleeping. I agree that the voice should be the default, but an alternative option would be quite welcome.

I'm really looking forward to playing with the Diamond controller. I've spent a lot of time tinkering with the Emerald settings, and I have experience with music software that uses a point-based graph to automate effects over time, so I'm hoping I'll have a leg-up on the learning curve. In fact, I'd love to create a sound font with my synthesizers and have lighting effects that directly correspond to changes in the synth parameters. So many possibilities! Please contact me soon, customer service!

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2017, 11:05:37 PM »

Flicker is actually pretty easy and does not take up a lot of points. It is just a repeating pattern of high and low. It is about the same as it is on the emerald.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2017, 12:40:31 AM »

I didn't realize there was a 20-point limit for effects. I absolutely must have a flicker effect, and I know that would eat up a lot of them. A greater number of points would open so many options for complex changes over time. But at least I know I won't be compelled to spend a week setting up a super-lengthy 80-point cross-fading flicker sequence, haha!

Good to know, thanks Smiley

Yea, I'm thinking a random looking flicker with many points would satisfy my cravings, lol . . . This could change things when using mixed colours like DVA, each point change could use 2 points, one for R and one for B . . . Looking forward to my Diamond Dark Prophecy, due to arrive today  Grin

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2017, 03:00:12 AM »

Flicker is actually pretty easy and does not take up a lot of points. It is just a repeating pattern of high and low. It is about the same as it is on the emerald.

I always had my flicker at an even .04 seconds or an uneven .06 seconds (it looks really killer with a red and blue mix and a single-diffused photon blade). I thought I'd only get a couple seconds or so out of that pattern at 20 points. Even so, I could still do some cool things with that.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

Obi Wan
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2017, 10:30:18 PM »

I watched the videos about programming and triggering gestures and I think I understand the whole Gesture thing pretty well. There are 5 different Gesture slots on the saber each with there own lighting/sound effect and the video make it pretty clear how to trigger the Gestures.
 However, I am not clear at all as to how many different Force effects slots there are on the Diamond. The default package fonts seems to have one each, but can it hold more than one Force effect on any given font? I did see a short video on the forums showing how to trigger the Force, Spin, and Stab effects so I think I understand those ok.

Regards,
   Obi Wan

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
   -The Force will be with you, alwaysl-

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2017, 10:59:34 PM »

As far as I can tell, there is only on force effect triggered when you tszuj it a bit like you would to get into the menu. I tend to think of the gestures as force effects though.

Obi Wan
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2017, 08:50:04 PM »

Thank you for your reply Darth Cephalus.
Also, I watched your Diamond review on YouTube and enjoyed it.

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with creating and saving Diamond fonts without the saber plugged in so that these fonts could be loaded quickly and easily into the saber at a later time. Here is what I did.
 1) I opened the Ultrasabers Launcher as administrator and then click the Diamond Tab.
 2) I click on the font editor tab and then click the load font tab
 3) I load one of the Default fonts such as the standard Obsidian font.
 4) I then choose an effect from the column list on the left (Tag effect, Power on effect, etc..) and click the Edit Effect button.
 5) I then make some edits to the lighting effect and I also delete the existing Sound effect and upload a new Sound Effect.
 6) I then rename the effect and click the Apply to Font tab
 7) I then exit the Effect Editor and go back to the Effects Wizard and choose the next effect and repeat steps 1-7.
 Cool Lastly, I select the Write Font tab on the left side and then click the Save Font button on the lower right.
 9) I name the font I just created and then I save the .pfnt file to a folder of my choice.

The problem I am having is when I later go to load the font and write it to the saber, some of the sound files that I attached to the effects don't show up.
The sound files for the Tag, Power on, Power off, Idle, Force, and Gesture are just not showing up. When I click on the Edit Effect button, an error message saying "Cannot read file- Does not exist or cannot be opened" pops up. The sound files for all the other Effects, however, do show up fine.

Has anyone else tried this and experienced the same issue? It would be nice to be able to edit/create fonts and then save them for later use without the saber plugged or having to write them to the saber straight away.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
   -The Force will be with you, alwaysl-

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2017, 04:19:45 AM »

Guys, is the 2-5v LED power rating per channel or for all 4? I emailed US and they sent me here Grin I'm trying to wire two deep red 2.5vf LEDs on a single channel where they'll add voltage to 5v but maintain a 1A current.

Anyone have any idea what the datasheet means?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2017, 04:37:54 AM »

Projectno if you look at the Dimond board configuration page on the launcher you will see that each accent can go to 4 volts max. You lower the volts down to were you want them before writing them. So yes the rating is per channel. You can't get 1A that would make 1000 mA and the saber doesn't have that kind of power.

What do you mean what does the data sheet mean? It shows you exactly how to add the leds. I'm not sure what your question is.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2017, 05:14:56 AM »

Projectno if you look at the Dimond board configuration page on the launcher you will see that each accent can go to 4 volts max. You lower the volts down to were you want them before writing them. So yes the rating is per channel.

What do you mean what does the data sheet mean? It shows you exactly how to add the leds. I'm not sure what your question is.

Oh that's a good point, thank you. The datasheet for the Controller (a PDF file you can google) says power LED voltage is 2-5v. I will look at the launcher.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2017, 05:20:14 AM »

Your going to want 2.3 volts for your red led and trust me you don't want 1A of current. Your led would probably shoot across the room. 😁

Actually put your red at 2 volts and 20mA that should be perfect.

Here is how the data sheet works.

You also need to make sure your using common anode leds cathodes will not work because they share the same positive wire connected internally inside the led and it will not work.

leds would be wired as follows:
- Wire the anode (+) terminal of the each led to the pin marked " Accent+" in the wiring diagram. ( in your case just red )
- Wire the cathode (-) terminal of each led to one of the pins marked " Accent#-"   Accent led for red that your using is Accent 1.
Be sure to enable only the channels your going to use. Set the voltage and current and write to board.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2017, 01:42:06 PM »

So I got to tell you why I was trying to be funny with the led flying across the room. When I was about 8 years old I had an electric train.. I wanted to make it run. So I got a bunch of twist ties from my mom's kitchen drawer and striped off all of the paper and tied all the ends together making a long wire string. I then put one end of the wire string to my train and the other end connected to the cord of a vacuum that was in my room. I then plugged in the vacuum with the vacuum turned off. My train made an abrupt noise and the small red led on the front of my train aim when flying across the room. The part that scared me was the electric fire ball that ran from the outlet down across my wire to my train. Lol   I think it may have been the sticky glue residue left on the wire that helped cause this electric ball. I don't know, but it's funny now.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »

So I got to tell you why I was trying to be funny with the led flying across the room. When I was about 8 years old I had an electric train.. I wanted to make it run. So I got a bunch of twist ties from my mom's kitchen drawer and striped off all of the paper and tied all the ends together making a long wire string. I then put one end of the wire string to my train and the other end connected to the cord of a vacuum that was in my room. I then plugged in the vacuum with the vacuum turned off. My train made an abrupt noise and the small red led on the front of my train aim when flying across the room. The part that scared me was the electric fire ball that ran from the outlet down across my wire to my train. Lol   I think it may have been the sticky glue residue left on the wire that helped cause this electric ball. I don't know, but it's funny now.

Good god, that's quite the inventiveness to say the least.

I was talking about the main LEDs, not the accent LEDs. Lol, 1A would fry those. The accent channels only handle .02A or something.

I'm talking about wiring two Tri Cree LEDs off of a single board. 6 diodes, 4 channels, two reds sharing a channel by doubling their voltage but maintaining a 1A current.

My only issue is I'm not sure if each channel is 2-5V or if that's for all of them.

If it's for all of them, that's hardly enough power going to each. If it's for each, then it's over the batteries' 7.4v, but I think the board has power extenders in it?

If US can't help (which is really odd, maybe RSX can), then I find it hard to believe anyone here can help on account of the tech being so new.

I'll go look at the launcher soon, since that tells me what the values are.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2017, 05:30:05 PM »

I have no idea if the board has a power extended in it. I would PM Marius and find out. I would assume so, but it would be good to find out.  Most high end boards do so I would place bets it does.  Sorry I thought you were talking about accents this whole time. Lol

On the diagram it looks it goes to 1A per channel with a total of 4A. Each channel can be adjusted lower, but 1A is the max.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: