Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Questions  (Read 31224 times)
projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »

I have no idea if the board has a power extended in it. I would PM Marius and find out. I would assume so, but it would be good to find out.  Most high end boards do so I would place bets it does.  Sorry I thought you were talking about accents this whole time. Lol

On the diagram it looks it goes to 1A per channel with a total of 4A. Each channel can be adjusted lower, but 1A is the max.

Well yes, it's clear about that. It's unclear on the voltage however lol. I'll consult the launcher and Marius if need be.

Felinus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2017, 05:15:02 AM »

I always had my flicker at an even .04 seconds or an uneven .06 seconds (it looks really killer with a red and blue mix and a single-diffused photon blade). I thought I'd only get a couple seconds or so out of that pattern at 20 points. Even so, I could still do some cool things with that.

You can make a pattern that's just about 5-10 uneven pulses, and simply repeat it x number of times to match the length of the idle hum. Maybe that's what you're already planning to do?

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2017, 05:23:07 AM »

You can make a pattern that's just about 5-10 uneven pulses, and simply repeat it x number of times to match the length of the idle hum. Maybe that's what you're already planning to do?

Yes, I've actually been trying to build effects in the launcher and save them for when I have a Diamond controller. Is it necessary to set it to repeat to match the sound? I thought I read somewhere that the hum pattern would automatically loop, but I could be wrong.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2017, 02:02:42 PM »

Guys, is the 2-5v LED power rating per channel or for all 4? I emailed US and they sent me here Grin I'm trying to wire two deep red 2.5vf LEDs on a single channel where they'll add voltage to 5v but maintain a 1A current.

Anyone have any idea what the datasheet means?

It is per channel, it could not work at all if it would have been the total across all 4 power LEDs.

As for wiring multiple LEDs per channel: we tried this with the LEDEngin RGBA and RGBW and the best results we got were with a parallel connection. LEDEngin works at 3.2V (Red), 4.2V (Green) and 4V (White) and 700 mA, so neither color is suitable for being driven with two LEDs in series. We tried this and measured the light output. With LEDEngin, if you wire two colors in parallel and set the current to 1000mA you'll get about 95% of the light intensity on each LED. If you wire those in series, you'll get less than 40%, so for LEDEngin I definitely do not recommend the series connection. If the LEDs you want to use are rated at 2.5V, they might work fine in series. Please make sure you set the correct current in the Launcher before wiring the board.

Marius.

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »

Yes, I've actually been trying to build effects in the launcher and save them for when I have a Diamond controller. Is it necessary to set it to repeat to match the sound? I thought I read somewhere that the hum pattern would automatically loop, but I could be wrong.

For the idle hum and lockup effect, the number of repetitions you set in the effect editor doesn't matter (except when you're testing the effect), because those two are running in loop anyway. That's just for idle hum and lockup, for all the other effects, which only run once when they're triggered, you should set the number of repetitions to what you want.

Marius.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2017, 02:12:36 PM »

It is per channel, it could not work at all if it would have been the total across all 4 power LEDs.

As for wiring multiple LEDs per channel: we tried this with the LEDEngin RGBA and RGBW and the best results we got were with a parallel connection. LEDEngin works at 3.2V (Red), 4.2V (Green) and 4V (White) and 700 mA, so neither color is suitable for being driven with two LEDs in series. We tried this and measured the light output. With LEDEngin, if you wire two colors in parallel and set the current to 1000mA you'll get about 95% of the light intensity on each LED. If you wire those in series, you'll get less than 40%, so for LEDEngin I definitely do not recommend the series connection. If the LEDs you want to use are rated at 2.5V, they might work fine in series. Please make sure you set the correct current in the Launcher before wiring the board.

Marius.

Thank you for that, I figured across all channels that was too low.

Those forward voltages are (relatively) high, I see how they wouldn't work in series.

My LED would work according to the math since the voltage is much lower.

LED: Deep Red Cree Part# XPEEPRD-L1-0000-00C01
425 Radiant Flux @ 350mA
Forward Voltage @1000mA = 2.5v

So I would be scraping the max ratings per channel, but it seems it would be fine

I'll be sure to set the correct current in the launcher, thanks again.

Felinus
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2017, 04:02:45 PM »

For the idle hum and lockup effect, the number of repetitions you set in the effect editor doesn't matter (except when you're testing the effect), because those two are running in loop anyway. That's just for idle hum and lockup, for all the other effects, which only run once when they're triggered, you should set the number of repetitions to what you want.

Marius.

Yes, though the number of repetitions needs to be at least long enough to cover the length of the sound. Plus, depending on the effect, you might want to be careful about where the pattern ends, so you don't have a jarring break when the loop repeats. For things like flicker, you won't notice this though.

For other effects which don't loop, it helps to end the effect with the sound. Otherwise, you blade will still be running the light effect when the sound is all done.

One other tidbit I've posted elsewhere - If you use the repeat function with multiple colors, make sure each color channel has the same endpoint in the timeline. So, if your last control point for the red channel is at 1.0sec, then any other color you're using on that effect needs to end at 1.0sec as well. The repeat operates on a per-color-channel basis, so if they don't match like this, the colors will get out of sync (even if the difference is small, if you repeat 20x or so, it'll be very noticeable).

Darth Barton
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2017, 02:40:20 PM »

Has anyone figured out a good pulse/shimmer setting for idling?

Also, I can't seem to set red as a flash on clash when the saber is set to sentinel yellow. I must be doing something wrong.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Diamond Staff: Dark Sentinel V4, Red AV Switch / Dominix V4, Blue AV Switch
Prophecy V3 Blazing Red, V4 Sound, Red Av Switch - Emerald Nickel Plated Monarch, Red AV Switch - Chosen One CE Blazing Red, V4 Sound, Red AV Switch - Archon V3.1 TRI Consular Green (+V2 emitter) V4 Sound, Green AV Switch - Dark Initiate LE V4 Tri Blazing Red Obsidian Lite Sound - Dark Sentinel LE V4 Tri Guardian Blue Obsidian Lite Sound - Stunt Dark Initiate V2 Tri Guardian Blue

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2017, 08:26:09 PM »

I am in need of some assistance. I just got my first Diamond Controller lightsaber yesterday. I have figured out how to edit and save existing fonts. However, whenever I try to use one of the saberforum sound fonts for a effect, it will read it in the editor but not save it or read it after I try to write it to the board. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2017, 08:40:14 AM »

I am in need of some assistance. I just got my first Diamond Controller lightsaber yesterday. I have figured out how to edit and save existing fonts. However, whenever I try to use one of the saberforum sound fonts for a effect, it will read it in the editor but not save it or read it after I try to write it to the board. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Hi,

can you provide more info e.g. which font (the URL would be helpful)? Which version of Launcher do you use? Which operating system?

Cheers,
Adrian

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2017, 08:42:01 PM »

Hi,

can you provide more info e.g. which font (the URL would be helpful)? Which version of Launcher do you use? Which operating system?

Cheers,
Adrian

I using Windows 10 and have the latest version of the software.  I was trying to put Ninja Jesus' RoTJ font on the saber and it wouldn't let me write them to the board. I could edit them.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Nevesytrof
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2017, 05:54:00 AM »

I wonder, is it possible to change the font names in the menu, for instance replacing "Blackstar" or "Episode 1" with another wav clip?

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »

I wonder, is it possible to change the font names in the menu, for instance replacing "Blackstar" or "Episode 1" with another wav clip?

It can be changed, yes.

Nevesytrof
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2017, 07:04:03 PM »

It can be changed, yes.

Awesome, thank you!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »

I'm still stumped as to why in the launcher when I test the stab, spin, and force effects they show up on the saber exactly as I want them when connected,  no matter how I try to save or write to the board, when I disconnect the saber, the effects do not get saved.  I've cleared the font and reloaded several times now and still nothing.  It appears it will not write changes to the board but when I run diagnostics it finds no issue.  I am using my wife's windows 10 computer with and without a usb hub and that makes no difference.  I don't have my usual window 8 laptop at the moment.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: