Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: StubSaber: Shade made me do it  (Read 3872 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: March 19, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »

After getting referred to a MHS configuration by Shade called Pint Sized Powerhouse
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=29726.0
I got to thinking of small parts. This is a flamberge emitter, an Archon 2.1 hilt, and a manticore pommely. Comes in at 8 1/4 and I think sets a record by 1/2". If I had an Emperor's Hand Pommel, it could be cut down to just under 8". I call this one Stubby. For the record, it has 4 channel Emerald RGBW.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 09:20:50 PM »

Very cool actually Tongue Maybe I should consider making something small and stealthy like. Get me some ideas Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:24:04 PM »

For Emerald, yeah, that's shorter than an Emerald capable Menace set up with the Flamberge blade holder and EH pommel, by 1/4".  I
tjust put those on one of my Emerald Dark Menaces, and got it right at 8.5"

But set up the same without Emerald or a recharge port, and my Dark Menace with EH pommel and Flamberge blade holder is just short of 7 3/4.

But that is a mighty nice, compact little saber you've got there.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:47:00 PM »

I see. Rain on my parade then will you Tongue I was going off your initial thread that said the combined configuration was 8 3/4. I guess I owe you your crown back. Your tiny, tiny crown. I am keeping the tiny emerald out of it though.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »

I see. Rain on my parade then will you Tongue I was going off your initial thread that said the combined configuration was 8 3/4. I guess I owe you your crown back. Your tiny, tiny crown. I am keeping the tiny emerald out of it though.

That EH pommel makes a big, big difference.  Also, IIRC, the first pictures I put up in that thread were from before I got my hands on a non-Emerald Menace, which is about a 3/4" difference.  Add those together, and you can see why the measurements shrunk so much between then and now.

What I'm really curious about is if you can fit the Diamond board into a non-Emerald length Menace.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 09:59:41 PM »

I am curious about that as well. Might be worth asking about. I had not considered the Malice before your post. I hate the emitter and those knurled screws. The hilt section itself though is pretty sleek. Do those fake LED accents cause you trouble in handling?

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 03:21:29 AM »

Wow guys, those are pretty cool. It's amazing how compact they are.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 05:43:17 AM »

Just awesome  Smiley ... points!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »

Loving the stubby!
These minimalist builds are just great!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 03:12:27 PM »

That's really cool, DC!  Wow, I didn't know you could cram fu that much stuff into such a short hilt.  How does it spin?  C'mon, you know you've spun it.  Wink

Yours is awesome too, Shade.  Love the Menace body.  Points for both of you.  Cool

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 09:04:01 PM »

I hope you don't duel with this saber, it looks like youve only got about 1 inch of blade secured inside the emitter. Still, very cool little experiment!

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 09:48:07 PM »

It is not too bad as far as how the blade is secured. The Flamberge emitters have 3 set screws. If you tighten the snot out of them, they hold pretty well. You would have to take a hit hard enough to tear the bottom chunk off your blade. If I am dueling someone who hits that hard, I am not dueling them again next time. In terms of spins, I don't recommend it. With a mid grade blade, the balance is not too bad. It works fine for simple spins as long as you work one handed. The shortness and the lack of contours though makes it very difficult to flip, toss, or switch hands. I have seen sabers this short that work, but MHS is too thick for a very functional saber of this length.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 02:11:07 PM »

Ah, so it's more of a "hey, this is cool looking" thing than a functional weapon.  Interesting information.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »

Ah, so it's more of a "hey, this is cool looking" thing than a functional weapon.  Interesting information.

I think it's quite functional, as a one-handed fighting saber.  Not so much, for fancy spinning.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 08:14:53 PM »

I think it's quite functional, as a one-handed fighting saber.  Not so much, for fancy spinning.
I second that. It works for any application where you do not intend to let go of the saber.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: