Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: New Technology: Diamond Controller  (Read 26551 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« on: March 20, 2017, 12:23:23 AM »

What is a Diamond Saber?
A Diamond Saber is an Ultrasaber that has been equipped with the most powerful and versatile lightsaber controller on the market for lightsabers, giving you the ultimate power to build a lightsaber with complete controller over its sound effects and blade colors.

The Diamond Controller adds the ability to create and recognize gestures. A gesture is a unique sequence of movements that you can program into the Diamond Controller to trigger a unique sound and/or light effect.

Before you harness the power of a Diamond Saber it is very important that you educate yourself on its capabilities first. Please watch the videos below and prepare to have your mind blown by the versatility of these types of sabers.

If it wasn’t clear from the description: ALL Diamond Sabers come equipped with sound. The diamond controller is a single board with the ability to arm your Ultrasaber with sound, light, gesture recognition, and the ability to make unlimited changes to them all.

What does the Diamond Controller allow you to do?
• Synchronized sound and light effects – which means you can have one light effect for your hum sound and a completely different light effect for your power on sound and a completely different light effect for your power down, swing, clash, spin, and stab sounds. Truly endless possibilities.
• Advanced motion detection with adjustable sensitivity for: Swing, Clash, Spin, Stab, and Force.
• Gesture recognition – with the ability to learn new gestures from user through the on-board menu.
• Hold & cycle through up to 10 soundfonts through the on-board menu without connecting to a computer with up to 15 effects per font (up to 16 sounds different sounds for Swing and Clash effects).
• 256 MB internal memory (compared to 16MB found on our V4 soundboards).
• 4-channel color mixer (Power LED) - gives you the ability to adjust the current on 4 individual channels that control 4 different colors (for example Red, Green, Blue, and White) and mix and match any of these adjusted channels to create almost limitless possibilities for different blade colors.
• 4 additional independent low-power Accent LED channels – which means you can add an illuminated AV switch without having it always on or sacrificing one of the main LED channels. And three additional Accent LEDs for DIY users.
• 8 bit light intensity control on each channel, generating more than 16 million colors.
• Gives you the ability to adjust the time and duration of the all light effects – which means you can create an unlimited variety and combination of pulses, flickers, shimmer across every sound effect (not just flash on clash).
• Battery monitor with 2 warning thresholds on any accent LED (for DIY users).
• Accepts both LSU and WAV sound format (mono, 16 bit, 48 kHz)
• Fully configurable firmware, upgradable through the Ultrasabers Launcher software.
• Gives you the ability to make all these changes DYNAMICALLY, no DIP switch adjustments, no loading bar, no SD Card, no pin adjusting, no waiting. You click one button and you see your lightsaber blade change to the color of your choice right before your eyes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w69YSj5oB9o&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w69YSj5oB9o&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBnP6jMnG-E&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBnP6jMnG-E&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7NSidVohLw&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7NSidVohLw&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hqf480kD-M&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hqf480kD-M&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:53:28 PM by Deep » Logged

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 12:24:10 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEVz8q0sgk&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEVz8q0sgk&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEVz8q0sgk&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEVz8q0sgk&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 12:52:10 AM »

Deep - thanks for posting this & congratulations on a massive achievement!

Would you mind also posting the Wiring Diagram here for DIYers so it's easy to find & accessible?

I know it's not available separately yet, but some of us may want to Order our first Diamond saber with a request to ship it unassembled so we can do the install ourselves, add Accent LEDs, etc.

Thank you! 

We appreciate all your hard work in pushing your Product to greater & greater heights.  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Ellis
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 01:08:13 AM »

Deep - thanks for posting this & congratulations on a massive achievement!

Would you mind also posting the Wiring Diagram here for DIYers so it's easy to find & accessible?

I know it's not available separately yet, but some of us may want to Order our first Diamond saber with a request to ship it unassembled so we can do the install ourselves, add Accent LEDs, etc.

I have the Same Question, I would like to Convert my Graflex and Chosen One, Also my Grab Bag Saber to the new Diamond Controller. 

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 01:13:59 AM »

Emory my man, you guys and gals at Ultrasabers just blow my mind. That Diamond Controller looks absolutely incredible! Oh man would I lose track of time playing with one of those! I just want to take a moment and tell you how much I love your products. I discovered Ultrasabers back in 2014 and have been a loyal customer and fan ever since. None of the other companies can touch you guys in my book. You guys have it all! The best saber selection, the best technology, the best tutorials, the best prices and the biggest and most loyal customer fan base. Your website is even the best. I know a thing or two when it comes to business, specifically sales and marketing, and whoever is in charge of yours knows what us "Saber Enthusiast" want. Not to get too sappy but I rediscovered a part of myself that I had forgotten existed when I found you guys...that was something that I really needed at that time in my life. I now own 4 Ultrasabers and will continue to build my collection and honing my saber skills. Thank you Ultrasabers!! I am so glad you are here.

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 03:11:04 AM »

I want me at least one Diamond saber but they're all so expensive x.x I understand why but yeah. I might save up for a fully loaded Bellicose though =] @Emory, is that your signature Archon or something? I like it though =] The V2.1 saber is super comfy to duel and spin with and stuff hence why I got the V2.1 version

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:49 AM »

I want me at least one Diamond saber but they're all so expensive x.x I understand why but yeah. I might save up for a fully loaded Bellicose though =] @Emory, is that your signature Archon or something? I like it though =] The V2.1 saber is super comfy to duel and spin with and stuff hence why I got the V2.1 version

I thought the same thing about the Archon  Grin

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 04:07:49 AM »

Oh, how I want to play with one of these.  I'm looking forward to the day when they hit the DIY section. Cool

Darth Burgaar
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -68

Dark Side points Please!

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 04:20:15 AM »

I'll reiterate what I said in my post for the Spring Raffle about the new Diamond sabers . . . Just Incredible!

If you're like me and have watched all of Emory's video's already!? The sheer scope of what this new Saber tech can do is virtually Limitless!! My Brain is already trying to think of the combinations of effects that can be achieved with the new board. *Drools a little bit*

Emory, You and your team deserve a Huge 'Force' pat on the back for this, Truly Amazing saber Awesomeness!!  Smiley

"The Sith have no Fear and give no Quarter!! If you challenge them? . . then pray the Force is with you!"
My Sabers : Malice, Scorpion & Crimson Scorpion, Archon 2.1, Chosen One CE, Graflex CE (all Emerald) Liberator, 2x Initiate v3.1.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 05:58:32 AM »

Thanks for posting this. I haven't had time to read through it yet, but it is on my to do list. From the videos I have watched, this thing looks amazing. I'm now thinking that when I get my Bellicose, I might have to get it with Diamond instead of Emerald. Great job here, thanks again.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 03:15:07 AM »

*Tries to convince self that I don't need it* *I don't need it....* *Fail*

Way to go, Ultrasabers and Emory! This is impressive.

My wallet says *amn it, lol. But I'm surprised at how affordable it is in comparison to the Emerald Driver. Definitely will have to get myself at least one Diamond Saber.

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 03:40:29 AM »

Can the rotation switch the main idle blade color when it switches the sound font?

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 06:34:04 AM »

Can the rotation switch the main idle blade color when it switches the sound font?

Yes . . . I think of it this way . . . (I don't have one yet, but this is what I believe so far)

Obsidian v4 has 8 "banks" for up to 8 different soundfonts with the different sound "files" being part of the sound "font" (like idle hum, lockup etc)

Diamond has 10 "banks" . . . but instead of the soundfonts being a collection of sound "files", think about it as a collection of up to 15 "effects" per "font" . . . each effect can have a sound "file" and light effects that can be programmed in time with the sound file length . . . the light can be any combinations of RGBW (or RGBA) if you wanted a solid colour for the length of the sound file, or, change through colour settings over the time of the sound file, that can then loop, like for idle hum . . .

for example . . . for Bank 1 . . . you could have the idle hum "effect" light be a solid blue colour, nice and simple, for the whole length of the sound "file" attached to that "effect" . . . and then Bank 2 could have the idle hum "effect" start red, then flicker, fade, pulse between a deep pink/red, back to red, a slightly darker red (less bright), a slight flash of a lighter pink/red, etc, etc, over the time of the sound "file" attached to that "effect" . . .

Like Emory shows us, you could go all RAVE and have one bank set with its idle hum go through the full rainbow of light colours, lol . . . it really is limitless . . .

What I'm really excited about, is what I believe to be possible for a truly shimmering idle hum blade colour, with very subtle colour changes . . . I imagine an RGBW setup with White at 100% and flicker and pulse between some different RGB white settings, slight pink/white tones, green/white tones, yellow/warm white tones, blue/white tones, and the blade looking like it's actually a sparkling diamond . . . and of course FoC . . . no longer just one colour . . . I imagine a green shimmering blade and FoC could be a quick white, yellow, white, orange jumble of colours, looking like a sparking flash of lights . . .

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 10:27:39 AM »

So what your saying if I'm fallowing you correctly is it's full of, awesomeness!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Darth Burgaar
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -68

Dark Side points Please!

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 10:53:17 AM »

So what your saying if I'm fallowing you correctly is it's full of, awesomeness!

I'm giving you a point for that, and yes Awesomeness!  Grin

"The Sith have no Fear and give no Quarter!! If you challenge them? . . then pray the Force is with you!"
My Sabers : Malice, Scorpion & Crimson Scorpion, Archon 2.1, Chosen One CE, Graflex CE (all Emerald) Liberator, 2x Initiate v3.1.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: