Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: New Technology: Diamond Controller  (Read 26353 times)
justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 06:09:51 AM »

I'd say this new technological terror you've constructed is insignificant next to the power of the Force... but I'd be wrong. This is awesome. Keep up the good work Emory and everyone at Ultrasabers!

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 04:19:18 AM »

I'd say this new technological terror you've constructed is insignificant next to the power of the Force... but I'd be wrong. This is awesome. Keep up the good work Emory and everyone at Ultrasabers!
Well said justmutantjed!

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

Deathmark13
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

The mark of Death is Impartial. neutral align plz!

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 05:56:23 AM »

is there a special diamond launcher/app/anything i need? or just the emerald one and obsidian one?

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »

is there a special diamond launcher/app/anything i need? or just the emerald one and obsidian one?

There's a new diamond launcher. There's a forum post for it, you'll need to have the Diamond Controller plugged in while installing the new launcher so all the correct drivers install.

Vervidian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 80

"This is madness."

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »

Quick notes on my experience on Diamond Controller:

1) Reading through the forum for 10 minutes on Gorobulus' and karaokefreak's early-adopter experiences were worthwhile.  I avoided wasting a lot of time trying to create a 7 s length pulse mode, for one thing.

2) Following the instructions, I had fresh batteries in my saber and plugged in the diamond board into USB on my Windows 10 laptop, and installed the launcher with ease. 

3) Opening the launcher, at first it gave an error message that it could not detect my saber.  Unplug + Replug the USB (which was fully connected the first time - so there is some minor software bug on first launch?) After this, it connects to my Diamond EH and begins reading the default font files off the saber.

4) Next I tried to save an existing font onto my computer.  Check. (This post isn't a tutorial, but maybe I'll make one down the line once I get the hang of it...)

5) Then I tried loading that font into a different font slot.  I overwrote 'Ancient Saber' with my custom Obsidian (default) font.  Success, first time.

6) Then I tried editing the 'idle' mode for this Obsidian clone.  I could test the saber color, could create a flicker over 0.25 seconds with five points, and then repeat 28 times to loop it.  YEEESSSSSS!!!!  Check.

7) Able to save this font to the board and exit the launcher, disconnect the saber, and test it out.  CHECK!!!

*Note: my background is quite ideal for this software.  I am an Electrical Engineer who has messed with a lot of hardware, software, and a little firmware.  So, I would not gauge my experiences with the Diamond Controller as the 'average trial'.  That being said, I did not do anything extremely complicated to make this work on my computer or saber.  The depth of features is indeed Deep (forgive the forum pun) but this is an advantage in the long haul.  The desire for a quick & easy FOC / flicker / pulse setup option is understandable, though.

Jedi Sentinel Vervidian

Armory:
Emperor's Hand - Diamond RGBA
Catalyst - Diamond RGBW (Mrs. Verv's)
Sentinel LE v4 stunt - Guardian Blue - Mainhand Battle Saber
Sentinel v4 stunt - Consular Green ***raffle prize*** - Offhand Battle Saber
Initiate LE v2 - Guardian Blue (Lil Verv's)
2 stunt sabers as gifts - CG Prophecy, FO Tri-Cree Dominix

I feel the light side calling me!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 04:33:06 AM »

Wish I could get me a new first and only Diamond saber but all of them are now too much especially with sound x.x I want me a Graflex Diamond so badly. Have a quick power on as seen in The Force Awakens would be sweet with it

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

boogermancan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 06:40:55 AM »

OK so my first Saber has an up  obsidian soundboard  I ordered my in  emperors handwith the  Diamond  control   .First let me point out the diamond controller is way more  sensitive to movement over the obsidian  the obsidian   set to 100% for movement 90% of the time you get a swing  .let me justify that if you swing it slowly or just kind of waving it around 90% of the time it'll play a sound .  With the Diamond controller  if you move the motion sensitivity up to 100% slightest movement will make a swing sound I found A setting of 70 to 75% is just right .
   Next thing  I would like to point out is  the  illuminated AV switch   It has its own channel and  can be configured to dim, flash, blink, at any speed  you like  up to but not change color   .oh and how I like this !  And when the saber is off. So is the AV switch light  . 
  Mastering the newly added  jester moves will keep you motivated to learn them .  If you find you do not like them you can always make your own,got to love that  . So that's that   I liked it so much ordered the scorpion with the diamond controller in it

I know what I want .But I just don't know !
The Graflex CE with Sound (Diamond)
Scorpion with Sound (Diamond)
Emperor's Hand with Sound (Diamond)
ElectrumWind-  Emerald sound
Spectre (diamond) w sound
Fulcrum (diamond) w sound
Lost gray (diamond) w sound
Crimson Butcher (diamond) w sound
Dark apprentice 
InitiateV2

Renkai
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 04:54:38 PM »

How do I lower the time it takes to turn off the saber, and how do I remove the random gestures/effects that have come pre-loaded?

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 02:45:03 PM »

How do I lower the time it takes to turn off the saber, and how do I remove the random gestures/effects that have come pre-loaded?

The time to turn the saber off cannot be adjusted, and you can remove the gestures by going onto the Ultrasabers Launcher with your saber plugged in and deleting the saved gestures/effects. From there you can input your own. New gestures have to be physically programmed.

Ceneric
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 42

Jedi Knight

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 02:59:20 AM »

I got to get off this place. Only been here one day. The more I sit and read the more I can't wait until my Graflex CE Diamond gets here!!!! Drooling already!!!

"In my experience there is no such thing as luck."

My Sabers:
Sentinel LE V4 AB (no sound)
Graflex CE Diamond AB
Chosen One CE Diamond BR

"Leave light side points for me.....you will."

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 07:20:52 AM »

The time to turn the saber off cannot be adjusted, and you can remove the gestures by going onto the Ultrasabers Launcher with your saber plugged in and deleting the saved gestures/effects. From there you can input your own. New gestures have to be physically programmed.

This is one thing I wish could be changed. I'd like it take less time to turn the saber off. I have no use for lockup effects.

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »

Just to clarify - can an illuminated AV switch be set to off? In the computer menu or what?

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 08:11:39 AM »

Just to clarify - can an illuminated AV switch be set to off? In the computer menu or what?

Try going to 'Board config' in the Launcher and disable all Accent LEDs.

Cheers,
Adrian

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2017, 09:47:50 AM »

Try going to 'Board config' in the Launcher and disable all Accent LEDs.

Cheers,
Adrian

Thanks, I don't have one yet. I just wanted to make sure it's an option so I don't get one and it's permanently on. How does the battery indicator work?

CurtCole
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 05:08:59 AM »

I had no idea it could do so much and so glad I got my Consular with a Diamond controller. Now to patiently wait through the back order period...seriously though, so thrilled.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: