Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Five Favorite Vampires  (Read 1441 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« on: March 20, 2017, 03:04:21 AM »

Just a conversation I had with a friend I thought would be interesting to see what others had to say.  Who are your favorite Vampires:  Can be from Movies, books, Video Games etc.  Only caveat is if you choose Dracula you have to narrow it down to a specific Version (i.e. Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee, Gary Oldman etc.).   Here are mine.

1.) Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
2.) Alucard (Hellsing)
3.) Victor (Underworld)
4.) Thomas Raith (The Dresden Files)
5.) Gabriel Belmont "Dracul" (Castlevania: Lords of Shadow II)

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:58:29 AM »

Do half vampires count?  'Cause, you know, Blade isn't exactly a vampire.  Wink

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »

1. Dracula (Dracula)
2. Lestat (Interview with a vampire)
3. Strahd (Advanced Dungeon and Dragon)
4. Olivia (Magic the Gathering)
5. Neferata of Lahmia (Warhammer)

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:43:51 AM »

Do half vampires count?  'Cause, you know, Blade isn't exactly a vampire.  Wink

No, Dhampir's don't count.. srry Tongue

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »

Kaname Kuran- Vampire Knight (and Vampire Knight Guilty)
Zero Kiryu- Vampire Knight (and VK Guilty)
Yuki Cross- Vampire Knight (and VK Guilty)

Should I continue? Tongue lol, I'm not really a vampire person, but I like the anime Vampire Knight. Really like it. Actually now I really wanna watch it so I know what ill be watching tonight Cheesy I also like Moonlight, and their main character vamps Mick St John and Josef Kostan are pretty cool.

If I could remember the name of some of the cool Vamp NPCs in ES Oblivion id quote them instead but... Long time since I've played that.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »

Count Orlok - Nosferatu was such a good silent film.

Count Dracula (Bela Lugosi) - The prototypical Dracula.

Count Dracula (Duncan Regehr) - Monster Squad was a fun film.

Count Dracula (Christopher Lee) - Hammer Films. 'Nuff said.

Count Dracula (Gerard Butler) - A wonderful take on the myth.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 03:07:17 PM »

No, Dhampir's don't count.. srry Tongue

It's OK, I just wanted to make sure before I made a list.

1. Selene (Underworld)
2. Dracula (Bela Lugosi)
3. Dracula (Gary Oldman)
4. Reinhardt (Blade II, gotta love Ron Perlman)
5. Sonja (Underworld: Rise of the Lycans)

I'm not huge into vampires either, but I do enjoy some vampire flicks, especially action flicks like the Underworld and Blade films.  And, of course, Dracula.  (Almost) Everyone loves Dracula.  Wink

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 05:10:31 PM »

I don't know that I have 5, but I for sure have 1!  Kain from the Legacy of Kain games.  Blood Omen and Soul Reaver.  He's pretty much one of my favorite protagonist/antagonist characters from a video game period.

*edit*
I also want to give Gary Oldman the #2 spot for me.  Man I need to cosplay that red armor he had at the start of '92s Dracula.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 07:12:18 PM »

Can't believe nobody has mentioned any of the vampires from Buffy... although I know the fanbase tends to be polarized along the Angel and Spike lines!  Both of them are awesome at various points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 07:26:47 PM »

Can't believe nobody has mentioned any of the vampires from Buffy... although I know the fanbase tends to be polarized along the Angel and Spike lines!  Both of them are awesome at various points.

As great as the two characters are, I skipped them because of what they are. They aren't traditional vampires as shown in literature, but are actually demonic half-breeds acting as puppeteers of a long-dead corpse. It is canon that unlike traditional vampires, the person who died is utterly gone (save for occasional soul restoration) and the demon presence is in full possession of their body and memories. Even with a soul restoration, the demon is still there, constantly warring with the restored soul.

Plus, on the scale of vampire badassery, they are pretty low on the totem pole. Probably the only vampires that Buffyverse vamps can consistently beat are the vampires from the movie From Dusk Till Dawn.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »

As great as the two characters are, I skipped them because of what they are. They aren't traditional vampires as shown in literature, but are actually demonic half-breeds acting as puppeteers of a long-dead corpse. It is canon that unlike traditional vampires, the person who died is utterly gone (save for occasional soul restoration) and the demon presence is in full possession of their body and memories. Even with a soul restoration, the demon is still there, constantly warring with the restored soul.

Plus, on the scale of vampire badassery, they are pretty low on the totem pole. Probably the only vampires that Buffyverse vamps can consistently beat are the vampires from the movie From Dusk Till Dawn.

They may not have Dracula level powers, but they can certainly beat the ones from Twilight... Wink

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 09:29:34 PM »

They may not have Dracula level powers, but they can certainly beat the ones from Twilight... Wink

In coolness factor, sure. Hell, the Signs aliens beat Twamps in coolness factor.

Objectively speaking, however, the Twamps are pretty up there in terms of power, having superspeed, skin as strong as diamond, and able to throw a car across a damned football field, not to mention all the other gifts they possess. What Stephanie Meyer did badly in terms of characterization and story, she more than made up for in physical power with none of the traditional vampire weaknesses.

While I mock the story for where ludicrousness, I cannot deny that they are MASSIVELY overpowered.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 12:24:20 AM »

In coolness factor, sure. Hell, the Signs aliens beat Twamps in coolness factor.

Objectively speaking, however, the Twamps are pretty up there in terms of power, having superspeed, skin as strong as diamond, and able to throw a car across a damned football field, not to mention all the other gifts they possess. What Stephanie Meyer did badly in terms of characterization and story, she more than made up for in physical power with none of the traditional vampire weaknesses.

While I mock the story for where ludicrousness, I cannot deny that they are MASSIVELY overpowered.

As well people focus on the Cullens, who are constantly specified as rejecting their "Vampire" nature.  If you look at the Volturi, they are more like classic Vamps in their actions and attitudes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: