Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: The 815 "Sanguine"  (Read 6837 times)
Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« on: March 20, 2017, 03:14:44 PM »

Ok so for those of you who know you can skip this bit. For those of you who don't; quick recap.

My Dark Catalyst was a bit "eh" when I received it. It's been in and out of a couple of states of rebuild.

My Arbiter turned out to be a single piece body instead of a two piece body which killed the two build ideas I'd had for it. That and the fact the covertec wheel was installed terribly crooked was just enough for me to tear it apart the day I got it. Putting the electronics away in a box, and the hilt pieces on a shelf.

So I pretty much had two sabers that were just taking up space and annoying me. Friday night as I sat there staring (or rather, glaring) at the pieces of hilts from the other side of the room, I had an idea.

Both of these sabers were originally supposed to be my "Sith" saber. But it seemed I wasn't meant to have an US Sith saber. So I pieced together my own.

I took the Dark Catalyst Body, stripped it back to metal and painted it black. Then gave it a few coats of clear, and when the last coat got tacky and was still drying I kept rolling the hilt around in my hands to give it a distressed almost leather finish. I paired that with the silver emitter and pommel from the Arbiter as well as the Obsidian V4 board, BR with SY FOC LED  from the Arbiter (I had to swap the guts out of the MLS unit into a standard unit so it would fit in with an AV switch as the Catalyst takes a different LED and NOT in that section usually). I put them together and worked what finishing touches I needed. A gold AV switch that I had lying around, and the spare thumb screw off my Prophecy (another dud that became a build). The o-ring under the neck is to let the emitter get tight while still allowing the thumb screw/retention screw to line up 180 degrees from the switch.

And the 815 "Sanguine" was born.

Sanguine? What?

sanguine
/ˈsaŋɡwɪn/
adjective
adjective: sanguine

optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation.

"he is sanguine about prospects for the global economy"
    synonyms:   optimistic, bullish, hopeful, buoyant, positive, disposed to look on the bright side, confident, cheerful, cheery, bright, assured; More
    informalupbeat;
    archaicof good cheer
    "he is sanguine about the remorseless advance of information technology"
    antonyms:   pessimistic, gloomy
        (in medieval science and medicine) of or having the constitution associated with the predominance of blood among the bodily humours, supposedly marked by a ruddy complexion and an optimistic disposition.
        archaic
        (of the complexion) florid or ruddy.
    Heraldryliterary
    blood-red.
    archaic
    bloody or bloodthirsty.

noun
noun: sanguine

a blood-red colour.

So pretty much, a light at the end of the tunnel. But also the blood red hatred and anger of the Sith and the color of the Sith blades.

Made perfect sense for my pieced together saber from parts of dud sabers that made me angry, and a saber that was meant to be worthy of a Sith Lord.

So here it is:

Now I just need to work out a way to use the other leftover parts for something else.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »

That's awesome, great work.  I especially like the textured look you gave the body.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 03:40:42 PM »

Just love it! Simple, elegant, striking. Another MHS masterpiece. I had never really considered the Catalyst body for some reason, but it is elegant in its simplicity.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 03:47:51 PM »

Oh that really looks cool. Your photos always make them look great too. You did outstanding with what you had to work with. 👍 Points!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:57:00 PM »

I wasn't expecting those photos at the end. Really high end stuff, and the saber is just as beautiful.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »

Wow Isola.  Shocked Shocked

Very nice indeed.  I'm really glad to read that you've done this.  I felt terrible for you, and have to commend your patience.

You've done a spectacular job, in not only creating a saber worthy of the best Sith Lord, but presenting it so beautifully.

+1 all day.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 04:44:27 PM »

Wow that looks amazing. The texture you added looks fantastic. That's a good idea, mighht have to snag that.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »

Brah... I need me one made... This should be your signature saber for all future builds Tongue Maybe use different emitters each time though but the body and pommel work out perfectly I think. Such a sick but elegant looking Sith lightsaber =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 05:12:55 PM »

Very cool mash up of elements- awesome looking saber Smiley.  It has nice lines, and I like the gold switch on there a lot too.  Great work!  

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 05:45:15 PM »

I had to go look up that word you used for the tittle of your saber. Very fitting and you made a very positive looking saber out of what you had.

HoverFloat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 09:26:21 PM »

Wow. That's amazing. I'm a sucker for switches being a little higher up the hilt and not in the middle. That looks reaaally good!

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 09:50:18 PM »

That's awesome, great work.  I especially like the textured look you gave the body.

Thanks SFD! I felt silver and black had been done, so I meeded to give it one more element Smiley

Just love it! Simple, elegant, striking. Another MHS masterpiece. I had never really considered the Catalyst body for some reason, but it is elegant in its simplicity.

Neither had I (considered it) and probably wouldn't again. It's a snug fit up top because that much stuff isn't meant to go there as a rule. As a one-off though it was worth it Smiley

Oh that really looks cool. Your photos always make them look great too. You did outstanding with what you had to work with. 👍 Points!

Thanks Smiley I'm just glad I found a way to use some of the pieces!

I wasn't expecting those photos at the end. Really high end stuff, and the saber is just as beautiful.

Oh hai, you must be new to my threads. I'm a photographer Smiley

Thanks for your feedback!

Wow Isola.  Shocked Shocked

Very nice indeed.  I'm really glad to read that you've done this.  I felt terrible for you, and have to commend your patience.

You've done a spectacular job, in not only creating a saber worthy of the best Sith Lord, but presenting it so beautifully.

+1 all day.

Thanks LR! It suits my darker side nicely Smiley

Wow that looks amazing. The texture you added looks fantastic. That's a good idea, mighht have to snag that.

Thanks Hansrad! It's a pretty simple technique. While it's still tacky just roll it back and forth in your hands for a while until you see the texture, then let it finish drying as normal Smiley

Brah... I need me one made... This should be your signature saber for all future builds Tongue Maybe use different emitters each time though but the body and pommel work out perfectly I think. Such a sick but elegant looking Sith lightsaber =]

Thanks Zren! But I think to use the same thing over and over it would lose it's uniqueness. I think it's elegance comes from NOT being a repetition of the same ideas Smiley

Very cool mash up of elements- awesome looking saber Smiley.  It has nice lines, and I like the gold switch on there a lot too.  Great work!  

Thanks Rev! I was glad I got to use that gold switch for something. It was originally intended for the DC but it was advertised at latching and turned out to be momentary. So I couldn't use it when it was still a stunt setup unless I bought one of those latching circuits which would cost a fortune to jave shipped here.

I had to go look up that word you used for the tittle of your saber. Very fitting and you made a very positive looking saber out of what you had.

Dude I even put the definition in the original post :p

Wow. That's amazing. I'm a sucker for switches being a little higher up the hilt and not in the middle. That looks reaaally good!

Same! I like plenty of hand room on my hilts. That's why so many hilts that come with a covertec as standard got stripped from my list. They're mostly in terrible places.

Thanks heaps!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 10:06:18 PM »

This thing is truly a masterpiece fit for a Sith Lord (or photographer, whichever you prefer). I absolutely love the gold button, and it looks like it is on the shorter side (which I like). The Silver against the Black with the Red blade just looks amazing. And that Gold button gives it a regal and majestic but at the same time powerful look. Again, you have done a great job here. I can't wait to see your next build.

Points to you for a while

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 12:09:33 AM »

This thing is truly a masterpiece fit for a Sith Lord (or photographer, whichever you prefer). I absolutely love the gold button, and it looks like it is on the shorter side (which I like). The Silver against the Black with the Red blade just looks amazing. And that Gold button gives it a regal and majestic but at the same time powerful look. Again, you have done a great job here. I can't wait to see your next build.

Points to you for a while

Thanks Taegin! It is on the shorter side, not sure how short. I will take some measurements and comparison photos when I get home today. It would be on or just under 10" if I were to guess.

Next build should still be the wooden one. This one was just an unexpected interruption.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 12:22:11 AM »

And an awesome looking interruption at that.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: